420 Magazine Background

Plant Abuse Chart

FelipeBlu

In the short term, apply Epsom salts as a foliar feed in summer. Dilute the salts at a rate of 20g of Epsom salts per litre of water (1/3oz per pint) plus a few drops of liquid detergent. Apply two or three times at fortnightly intervals, spraying in dull weather to avoid leaf scorch.
Up your feed too.

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
Ok Ive been worried about feeding too much as I thought I was noticing some nute burn on the leaf tips. Ill go for more though and see if the chlorotic effect gets better. And PH range 6.0 - 6.5 ??? Many thanks :48:
nute burn nute burn... it is the prime point of pontification of the internet grow gurus... use my system or listen to my warnings and avoid the dreaded tip burn. 1/16 strength nutes are ok! Truth be told, a little bit of tip burn is perfectly natural and should be desired rather than avoided. Even in a totally organic grow where no nutes are ever applied, where everything the plant needs is in the soil and the microbes and the plants are taking care of all of the decisions... there is constant tip burn all through the grow. How can this be, that even growing naturally we experience tip burn??

The adage is that if you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough. Get out of this mindset of feeding... any dummy can feed, even the soil can accomplish it on its own if what is needed is in there.... what you are attempting is fertilizing. This is a step beyond just feeding, you are trying to get the most out of your plants as you can by pushing them right up to the edge. Find that edge. Embrace it.
:meatballs:

bluter

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2020
@Mickey Pearson - that tipping and edging you are seeing on your leaves is a def not nute burn. have seen that fool others before, i've fallen for it myself.

@Emilya and @FelipeBlu have it right. would follow their advice.

FelipeBlu

What Emilya said is right on. The plants actually feed on light. The fertilizer we supply ensures that they have the building blocks they need for metabolism.

Kinda like you can give them vitamins. But you can also pump them up - as if you were giving them steroids.
:meatballs:

Thanks so much guys this is Awesome Ive made a stronger nutrient solution. Will let you guys know how things turn around. :snowboating:

@Mickey Pearson - that tipping and edging you are seeing on your leaves is a def not nute burn. have seen that fool others before, i've fallen for it myself.

@Emilya and @FelipeBlu have it right. would follow their advice.

What is it that causes the leaf tips to brown on their tips and whats up with leaftips taking on different shapes ?? :Rasta::ganjamon:

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
Some of the elements are stored in specific places in the leaves. When the new growth has a need for those elements, and is not able to get it from the soil, the storehouses are tapped. Some elements come from the middle of the leaf, some from the tips and some are stored along the leaf edges.

Top Bottom