Plant leaves are getting stiff

Total dissolved solids (TDS) is a measure of the combined content of all inorganic and organic substances contained in a liquid in molecular, ionized or micro ...

It is just a way of quantifying the amount of impurities in water.

The meters are less than a PH meter. and arguably more useful.

The most common use in cannabis cultivation is testing runoff water.

You are at a good place in your learning to benifet from some reading on the subject.

Best

Testing runoff is something I wish I practiced more. I understand how and why, I also treat it as something that I will get around to someday.

Just on this thread, a TDS test on runoff would have given another 2 weeks of veg., and a better start into flower.

Testing runoff can catch a lot of over nut problems before they become real problems.

I never know
canyon

I still do, but I didnt give her the proxicide, and her canopy is turning yellow.

I think she is on her last legs, and yes I should of gave her a couple of squirts of the stuff, but she is in the final stages of life so I didnt want to add more stuff to her soil at this stage.

I went to take a picture of her and my camera battery was dead, lol.

Maybe in a couple of hours I'll post a picture.

Rockskipper, I def want to see a picture or three!

Today I harvested Medusa. Some of her colas are much bigger than the first grow, and from this one lady, I got more in wet weight than all three in the last grow. Lots of airy buds due to being treated for mites late in flower. I left her lots of nodes and put her back to veg. I hope she makes it!

M2 is 47 days in flower with a lot of buds, but she, also had to be treated aggressively for mites, so her undersized leaves are all spotted and lack enough chlorophyll, I think, to give me big buds. They'll make good cannabudder. :)

M3 has only been in flower 7 days, and she is twice the height of the others, even after being pinched back twice. I expect a great harvest from M3! Large vigorous leaves, no mites!

I still do, but I didnt give her the proxicide, and her canopy is turning yellow.

I think she is on her last legs, and yes I should of gave her a couple of squirts of the stuff, but she is in the final stages of life so I didnt want to add more stuff to her soil at this stage.

I went to take a picture of her and my camera battery was dead, lol.

Maybe in a couple of hours I'll post a picture.

You did the correct thing. And, thank you for the honesty.

Here is why.

When you referenced the 40 days with no nutrients you had already solved your largest problem. They may have been looking better by the time you took the picks for this thread.

Anyway don't sweet the yellow leaves That is what you want now. It is an indication that you have indeed used up some nutes. They should be a little drupe by now. You could probably squeeze a little more out of it but I would think it would be wise to be happy with what you have.

The peroxide may have helped but not that much. It would be better if you did some reading on the use of it and got more at ease with it on healthily plants first.

Well, the mites, everyone fights them. Just try to get ahead of them before it gets too close to harvest. You may have to smoke that stuff you know. SNS 117 is a product that I have used especially in late flower. It is too expensive for me to use for every thing. It is mostly Rosmerry oil and water and it works.

I have never grown anything in a tent. However I would recommend wiping up what you can or spraying outside the tent.

If you get some picks befor or after harvest post some.

I will check back.

Best
canyon

0032409.JPG

0052133.JPG

0101316.JPG

0111156.JPG

0121046.JPG

Heres todays pictures.

The girl is just one big bud, lol. I tried to take off a couple of the fan leaves to show you just how dence the plant is and they were like glue to my fingers and deffentaly required a hand washing, lol.

I think I'll trim her up tommorow and get a picture then.

I started this project in the hopes that I could grow one and produse something, this is alot more than something,Grins.

Sugar leaves have the same trics as the buds. If it's just for you, you don't have to make your colas look nice and neat by trimming all the sugar leaves off. But cutting them back DOES facilitate even drying.

I made cannabudder from the trim/shake and the cookies I made with it put me in a head and body high that pretty much paralyzed me for over 3 hours! LOL!

Rockskipper,

K, They can go longer, pull the yellowing fans and keep them plucked.

That is a nice little plant you have going. You are a little long on flowering days even without knowing the nature of the plant.

You also probably staled the beginning of when flowering started showing with the extra nitrogen after you went to 12/12.

Unless you start getting bad vibes I would go until you had most of the fan leaves off of the plant.

I defiantly would not give it any nutes.

AK,

Your post got mixed up in my reply, I often confuse people.

"I left her lots of nodes and put her back to veg. I hope she makes it!" With your care it may. If it does you have a real jump on a root system. Just don't over water it. It has no leaves.

Best
canyon

Rockskipper,

K, They can go longer, pull the yellowing fans and keep them plucked.

That is a nice little plant you have going. You are a little long on flowering days even without knowing the nature of the plant.

You also probably staled the beginning of when flowering started showing with the extra nitrogen after you went to 12/12.

Unless you start getting bad vibes I would go until you had most of the fan leaves off of the plant.

I defiantly would not give it any nutes.

AK,

Your post got mixed up in my reply, I often confuse people.

"I left her lots of nodes and put her back to veg. I hope she makes it!" With your care it may. If it does you have a real jump on a root system. Just don't over water it. It has no leaves.

Best
canyon

I guess I can clear up the lenght of the grow. I'm just using a 90 watt full spectrum UFO light. People on here say they are worthless, this is proof that they do work if you have the time.

No nutes for the last 50 or so days and have no intentions of giving her anymore, I will trim her up like I said tommorrow and let the light get to the popcorn buds and see what happens from there.

Thanks for the advice.

O.K. I just trimmed off all of the fan leaves off her and this is where I am at, lol.

I watered her 3 days ago so going to let her soak that moisture up and deside where to go from there.

0121046.JPG

0081608.JPG
0032409.JPG

Before and after pictures.( pic 1 is before she really started to turn, pic 3 is the turning point, pic 2 is her after the trimming of the fan leaves )

Rockspipper,

From looking at 2 that is a lot of bud for the trunk size. The bud leaves still look a little dark.

It is hard to say about the maturity.

You can say, I got a week more than I thought or let it go until something changes. In any case 3 more days probably will not degrade anything.

It just depends on your approach to decisions.

Luck
canyon

Rockspipper,

From looking at 2 that is a lot of bud for the trunk size. The bud leaves still look a little dark.

It is hard to say about the maturity.

You can say, I got a week more than I thought or let it go until something changes. In any case 3 more days probably will not degrade anything.

It just depends on your approach to decisions.

Luck
canyon

Yea after I trimmed her I think she could go quit a bit longer. If the sugar leafs start to turn yellow then?????? She is extremly dense and was thinking about putting some little sticks in there to seperate the stems, ( they all started to grow into one big bud and not sure if that is a good thing.)

For a plant that size it amazed me what the outcome is.

Back
Top Bottom