Plant leaves are getting stiff

What I think I am looking at, you basically have one good sized cola that is tilted some and three side branches that look good. the whole plant does not look like it is more than a foot tall. I cannot speak for the density, however you have.

Good job.

What is your set up?

Lol, there was no setup on this grow.
If you seen the other threads about the big bud that I was proud of ( which I killed when I moved it into the house ) this is a side project.

I started two of these bag seeds in cups and put them out in a makeshift greenhouse in may ( started them in april ) then it snowed on the first of June so I brought them inside til it warmed up and then put them in another bigger greehouse, taking them out every now and then to get some direct sun and kinda did that till the temps changed. ( around July I had to darken the greenhouse for the 12/12. That was a pain in the ass because it stays light for 20 hours at that time of the year, so every morn at 8:00 and every night at 8:00 I would uncover it with a tarp and cover it. Around august it turned rainy and I had to put a heater in the gh and keep that up for about a month, then I moved them into my bedroom shower, lol. The only light I had was a ufo full spectrum 90w LED. After about two weeks the two of them were getting to big for the space so I gave one of them away to a buddy, ( who cut his down 3 weeks ago, grrr, lol )

And thats where I am at right right now.

I should write a whole story on this plant on how if you do everything wrong you can still get a good plant, grins, ( I have most of her photos updated on here so it would be pretty easy to do.)

The plant is about 18"-20" out of the soil

Rockskipper, you did good, especially with what you had to put up with, trying to grow outdoors!

I think you could harvest her any time, esp if she isn't throwing out a lot of new hairs. Don't wait for the sugar leaves to turn. There's good trics on them. They'll make excellent cannabudder, if you don't roll them up in joints.

My best lady, who I named Medusa, gave me 3 x the amount of bud and shake than three of my ladies together from my first grow. And she was less than 30", including the bin. I left her with a number of leafy nodes and put her back under veg. She was far too gone to take clones, so.... keeping my fingers crossed that she survives the switch back to veg.

She has lots of good looking colas on her Rockskipper!

Considering the lower tech growing you did on her you did really well. :thumb:

You should maybe try to reveg her and the get some cuttings if she comes back. A couple of small CFLs in a corner of a closet would be enough to revive her then if the smoke turns out to be good you'll save the strain.

We have the same problem here with the long days of summer and early frosts so regular plants never manage to get far in flowering before it gets too cold.

Hopefully growing some autos outside next year.

:peace:

She has lots of good looking colas on her Rockskipper!

Considering the lower tech growing you did on her you did really well. :thumb:

You should maybe try to reveg her and the get some cuttings if she comes back. A couple of small CFLs in a corner of a closet would be enough to revive her then if the smoke turns out to be good you'll save the strain.

We have the same problem here with the long days of summer and early frosts so regular plants never manage to get far in flowering before it gets too cold.

Hopefully growing some autos outside next year.

Well I havnt really smoked for over 30 years but I did smoke a bowl off that one bud ( the one with the lighter ) and it put me intoa a deep thinking mode, lol, but it may have been just because of not being around it.

( I need to find a test student that has a tolorance for it grins.)

I don't think I want to put her in the veg state again, just harvest her and try again with a differant mindset on the next grow. I tried to get the cloning cubes but they wont ship them to alaska, ( at least I havnt found a company that will ship them to me )

I have about 10-15 seeds left from that order ( bag seeds ) and I'll try again starting in feburay.

Thanks all for the encouragement , its just going to make the next grow go even better.

Well here she is.
0042263.JPG

0052139.JPG

Shes going to hang in the dark from 5-10 days ( I might go in and take off the suger leaves in a couple of days)

After pulling her apart there were 10 stems with buds. ( not a bad job, lol)

I'll show another picture of the buds when I take them off the stems, til then, cheers. )

Looking forward to my next harvest with a large lady I put under 12/12 a few days ago. Medusa gave me airy buds that dried in 2 days and are now sitting in the freezer for a week or two before jarring. The whole harvest will go into cannabudder, since the colas aren't nice enough to share.

The big lady is going to keep more of her leaves to harvest.

Looking forward to my next harvest with a large lady I put under 12/12 a few days ago. Medusa gave me airy buds that dried in 2 days and are now sitting in the freezer for a week or two before jarring. The whole harvest will go into cannabudder, since the colas aren't nice enough to share.

The big lady is going to keep more of her leaves to harvest.

Was she dryed in 2 days or was this a freeze dryed method?

Was she dryed in 2 days or was this a freeze dryed method?

To clarify, I hung the branches in the drying box. When I checked on them a couple days later, they had dried to the stem-snap stage, and the colas had shrunk to clusters of popcorn-sized airy buds. At that time, I decided they would become cannabudder, and put them in an open cardboard box for the freezer. This step is the freeze-dry method. But you always have to hang dry them first. This step is to ensure that any moisture left is gradually pulled out. I'll give them a week or two. I will then jar them with boveda packets to bring them back up to 62% and let them cure for a month.

O.K. they have been hanging for a week now and the stems still don't break/snap. How much longer should I wait? The buds are starting to dry out pretty good, but just not to sure of where I'm going from here, lol.

I see that the ambient humidity in your area is 92% (expect more snow). Inside, it will be a lot lower.

If you don't have a fancy-dancy hygrometer to measure their humidity level, and you don't want to have to check them every day, do another trim if needed, then put them in an open cardboard box and put them in your freezer. Then check them once a week.

If you DO have a hygrometer and a container big enough to put it in, put some of your buds and the hygrometer into that, close it up, and check the humidity later in the day. This reading will tell you what to do next.

If the buds are wetter 50%, and depending on your methods, you can 1) leave them hanging 2) put them in the freezer for another week and re-test.

When the buds get down to, say 50%, you can jar them with the humidipaks. I have read that the humidipaks will bring the humidity up to the proper point (62%), but they cannot bring DOWN the humidity from higher than 62%. You would have to burp your jars until the right % is reached. (The freezer step removes the humidity without your having to shake, stir, or otherwise bother your buds).

Hope I didn't confuse you with the options here. But so far, the freezer method has worked well for me.

i get this condition on about 25% of my plants ... I have not been able to find anything or anyone who
addresses this problem , if it is one , directly . None of the plants with this seem to be negatively affected , but
then I don't know if there could have been more volume .. No other signs of N toxicity present themselves ,
I flushed and I've raised the lights , but still get some of this ... garce

i get this condition on about 25% of my plants ... I have not been able to find anything or anyone who
addresses this problem , if it is one , directly . None of the plants with this seem to be negatively affected , but
then I don't know if there could have been more volume .. No other signs of N toxicity present themselves ,
I flushed and I've raised the lights , but still get some of this ... garce

It sounds to me like you have the same problem I do. Low humidity that causes too much nutrients to be pulled up with the extra water and causes toxic salts buildup that manifests itself around mid-flower in hard, crusty leaves that just keep getting worse as flowering progresses.

Solution: Raise humidity all thru the grow and/or reduce nutes down to as much as ¼ strength to prevent it.

Google: Vapor Pressure Deficit to get the details.

Back
Top Bottom