Please help with the problem of self-rising pH in water

arakawa

As the title says I have a mazuma brand water purifier with the parameters and features below.
My machine parameters are at the end of the article
My water has a high alkaline pH 8.2 I use a solution to reduce the pH to 6.5 then overnight I measure my pH back to 8.2 as it was at the beginning.I tried opening the lid of the water tank and leaving it for 24 hours and then using a pH reducing solution but the pH still increased on its own.
i tried searching a lot on google and forums but no solution
We hope you help
5-step water filtration system with UV light disinfection system
- Filter tube made of HDPE plastic, durable and rust-proof
- UV tube made of stainless steel grade 304, does not rust and can withstand the heat of light Can UV
- Doesn't cause the water to have a burning smell
- Suitable for filtering water for consumption Can be used for families of 4-6 people
- Step 1 Carbon filter, filter sediment, turbidity, absorb color, odor, taste, chlorine, various organic substances. contaminated with water at a resolution of 10 microns
- Step 2, resin filter Removes limestone and reduces water hardness. Anti-scale
- Step 3 Ceramic Filter filter germs in water at a resolution of 0.3 microns
- flow rate 120 liters / hour (120 liters at water pressure 30 psi or 2 Bar)

Not necessarily a solution to the problem but there are several possible explanations.

I used the question of:
why does high ph water keep going up after being out overnight

and some of the top answers included that the change over of any carbonic acid to off-gassing CO2 causing the pH levels to rise.

Another one is that the pH can go up as the temperature of the water increases.

One thing that occurred to me but I dd not notice in the google search is "what was used to lower the pH?" and is it possible that whatever was used eventually evaporated.

As the title says I have a mazuma brand water purifier with the parameters and features below.
My water has a high alkaline pH 8.2 I use a solution to reduce the pH to 6.5 then overnight I measure my pH back to 8.2 as it was at the beginning.I tried opening the lid of the water tank and leaving it for 24 hours and then using a pH reducing solution but the pH still increased on its own.
We hope you help
- UV tube made of stainless steel grade 304, does not rust and can withstand the heat of light Can UV
- Suitable for filtering water for consumption Can be used for families of 4-6 people
- Step 1 Carbon filter, filter sediment, turbidity, absorb color, odor, taste, chlorine, various organic substances. contaminated with water at a resolution of 10 microns
It's more important to know the salinity/hardness of the water. We measure it in ppm or EC. Anything under 200ppm/0.4 EC is acceptable IMO.

You could try adding potassium silicate before adding any acids to see how that stabilizes the solution? 30-50ppm elemental Si is recommended. Ion exchange(CEC) resin beads are also popular to use in hard water with high pH. Commercial products use them like Torus pH perfect.

It's also important to choose the best kind of acid. Phosphoric acid is way more stable than Citric acid as pH down.

We hope you help

what are you trying to do? there really isn't a question in there.

is it just the ph of the water itself rising? or is it the nute solution you are worried about?

your ph will remain stable for a longer period after you add nutes and adjust the ph for feeding. the ph of "raw" filtered water will always try to move to a natural point as carbon off-gasses.

if you're running a res with nutes added the ph should rise as the plants feed, removing minerals from the water and altering the balance. in that circumstance you have to monitor the res and adjust as necessary.

there is no reason to adjust the ph of the raw water alone.

what are you trying to do? there really isn't a question in there.

is it just the ph of the water itself rising? or is it the nute solution you are worried about?

your ph will remain stable for a longer period after you add nutes and adjust the ph for feeding. the ph of "raw" filtered water will always try to move to a natural point as carbon off-gasses.

if you're running a res with nutes added the ph should rise as the plants feed, removing minerals from the water and altering the balance. in that circumstance you have to monitor the res and adjust as necessary.

there is no reason to adjust the ph of the raw water alone.
It's in the thread title "Please help with self-rising pH in water." He can't keep his nutrient solution stable for any longer periods of time?

I think it's not that easy and how pH reacts to adding minerals to a solution depends on the source water?

He's not using RO water and the different nutrient brand and mineral ratios differ when it comes to how they affect pH.

Cheers!

It's in the thread title "Please help with self-rising pH in water." He can't keep his nutrient solution stable for any longer periods of time?

I think it's not that easy and how pH reacts to adding minerals to a solution depends on the source water?

He's not using RO water and the different nutrient brand and mineral ratios differ when it comes to how they affect pH.

Cheers!

the system he describes corresponds to an RO unit when checking the brand name. it just adds in UV.

he mentions nothing about nutes or nute solutions.

Try it with tap/well water or store bought distilled. Take the water purifier out of the loop. If the problem resolves, it's most likely the purifier. I don't know what else it could be.
And really, the water purification isn't needed for a good grow. I think the purifier may be pulling something out of the water/nutrients the causes the pH swing up.

What kind of reservoir are you using to hold the nutes/water and are you sure it blocks out the light completely? Does your reservoir look completely clear or is there any kind of cloudiness (not sure what nutes youre using). Every time i've had an issue with my reservoir pH rising it was because light was getting through the container and causing something to grow which would cloudy up the solution and cause the pH to rise every night. Once I completely covered the reservoir to block the light it stopped rising.

I hand feed though so nutes aren't being used throughout the day so the solution stays constant as far as the nute ratios go.

Back
Top Bottom