Please Help!

oh... yes he did. That is some very acidic soil then, not even designed for growing regular houseplants or cannabis. Most proper soils are set to 6.8 pH. Egads... 5.7 soil?? That probably would set up a negative drift and your previous advice was probably closer to what is needed than mine.... @Known, can you confirm this? Did you buy some soil made for planting orchids?
Yeah! That was my thought too. Super acidic soil at 5.7. Really odd for regular garden soil. That’s where the higher input recommendation came in.
Okay... had me scratching my head there for a bit. Lol.

In SOIL??? Tell me how the soil changes when you add water.

Think hard about your answer. I'm well enlightened on this subject.
Your both on differant methods.
The pair of you need to stop making a argument out of nothing :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::laugh:
Your both right......
-No need to flush on a organic soil grow
-definatly need to flush salt grown soil crops.

Back to the ops issue... @Known i agree and think your over thinking it. 99% of soil has buffers to adjust your pH, you shouldn't be having issues with Ro in soil. I'd be looking at other factors such as temp, humidity etc.

I have plagron light mix to use in the 3 litre pots to germinate and mid veg...

And im trying to find out a soil for transplant...

Yes the soil of 5.7 has a lot of flower on it...Its called Compo Sana and it is recomended from mandala seeds website...

Your both on differant methods.
The pair of you need to stop making a argument out of nothing :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::laugh:
Your both right......
-No need to flush on a organic soil grow
-definatly need to flush salt grown soil crops.

Back to the ops issue... @Known i agree and think your over thinking it. 99% of soil has buffers to adjust your pH, you shouldn't be having issues with Ro in soil. I'd be looking at other factors such as temp, humidity etc.
Op says his base soil is listed as being at 5.7. Where addressing his input pH now.

When you go to a garden center one of the first things you notice in the soil section is that there are different types of soil for various plant species. There is soil specifically for roses, geraniums, rhododendron, bonsai plants, cacti, lawns, orchids, palm trees and so on. If you compare these soil products you will find that many differ in pH. So the first thing you would look for are the products which have the correct pH for cannabis. These are products with a range of 5.5-6.8 pH.

Generally, soil composed for potted household plants falls into this category. Manufacturers add limestone to standard potting mixes to ensure that the pH is stable and in the correct range.

qUOTE FROM MANDALA SEEDS PAGE

You want a soil that has a pH of 6.5. Period.
Fox Farm is probably the most popular, but Black Magic, Roots Organic, and Miracle Grow Organic all have the same range. These are you nute uptake ranges for soil. (right side)
77CF2C10-1AD7-4CA3-B819-7AA27D8C2D85.png

I'm a bit confused with this thread. Seen a few posts about soil pH today.
Seems like your all talking about pH like the op is growing with salt based feed in rockwool.
Have any of you sent this soil of for testing (not run of, proper testing).
I've not ph'd my water in living soil for years as the microbes adjust it to make nutrients avaliable through the soil food web (might have lingo wrong here but I've not picked up pH up or down in years...).
I've must of grown 50 differant strains last year in differant soil mixes and not had these issues. Amended my soil 10 times in the last 2 year. Sure there's something else fluctuating this.

Seems like your all talking about pH like the op is growing with salt based feed in rockwool.
I've not ph'd my water in living soil for years as the microbes adjust it to make nutrients avaliable through the soil food web (might have lingo wrong here but I've not picked up pH up or down in years...).
I've must of grown 50 differant strains last year in differant soil mixes and not had these issues. Amended my soil 10 times in the last 2 year. Sure there's something else fluctuating this.
I think he bought orchid soil as the the pH is listed as 5.7 out the bag. He was trying to figure out his input with the 5.7 base.
I was thrown off too.
Same for me, I forgot what color my pH pen is. Lol.
That’s the wonderful world of organics.

Yes im using Micro Grow Bloom + nitric acid for veg and phos acid for flower...

So the soil is acidic! And in mandala page they say is better to use this soil...

Im so doomed...

So the soil is acidic! And in mandala page they say is better to use this soil...

Im so doomed...
I honestly didn’t see any deficiencies with your plants besides the dropping.
Just for giggles... what’s you temp/humidity?

Is not my enviroment my friend. I did 2 grows in the same exact enviroment. 1 in winter 1 in summer. Never had problem...

What all do you amend you soil with after harvest? I’ve been using Down to Earth amendments.

What all do you amend you soil with after harvest? I’ve been using Down to Earth amendments.
A mixture/variety tbh mate. Ive moved away from pre bought additives and trying to add the most sustanaianable products I can.
I find the most important for conditioning is ewc. I then use em5 and lactus bacirea, the other ammendments (bone meal, crustations etc) I work out depending on what teas where needed throughout the previous grow.

Im so doomed...
Phos acid and soil should never be used in the same sentance :eek:. Your effectively killing any micro herd you have in one fail swoop.

First you need to figure if you want a organic grow or a hydro one.
If your going organic you can add dolomite lime raise your pH and increase your rhizophere which will help the nutrient uptake regardless of that. Any salt feeds or acids you add to this will take you back to square one.

If you want to do a hydro grow you need to ditch that fert heavy medium and start with something inert.
(rockwell, pebbles even coco etc).

A mixture/variety tbh mate. Ive moved away from pre bought additives and trying to add the most sustanaianable products I can.
I find the most important for conditioning is ewc. I then use em5 and lactus bacirea, the other ammendments (bone meal, crustations etc) I work out depending on what teas where needed throughout the previous grow.
This is what I’ve been using. You can purchase the ingredients separate, it gets pricey. I also use a lot of EWC. There’s a place in Texas I was ordering from, but this last amendment I used some other kind. I forget there name.

It has Fish Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Langbeinite, Alfalfa Meal, Seabird Guano, Rock Phosphate, and Kelp Meal combined in one, with humic acid.

I add 2 cups EWC, 1 cup compost, and a half cup of the DTE mix for my tea.

Man seems like there’s some conflicting opinions on here.
First of all I would call your medium soilless not soil. And I would say that maybe your ec meter is not calibrated possibly. 3 ec is extremely hot especially since this soil is designed for feeding right away. 5.7 seems a little low but if that’s what they state on the bag I would personally follow that and get a feel for what the plants tell you. As you could see I say what I would do and I’m not the type to tell someone go and do this and go and do that unless I’m brass tacks 100 percent positive on my info.

Back
Top Bottom