Please Help!

Yeah I've seen it a bit today ... Feel like screaming "stop filling your plants with salty shit and it won't be a issue" 
So it looks like I need to amend my mix with some more magnesium... what do you typically use?
It’ll have a month or two to settle into the soil blend.

What you have seems to be what we would call "soilless" mix as it's made entirely from peat. Soil is traditionally humus based. I grow in peat and perlite, with added lime to balance the pH of the medium. But I've never seen any potting mix give a pH range as big as the one listed (5.5 to 6.9). My mix is pH'd to around 5.7.

Given that we don't know if this stuff has any buffering agents in it (like lime), I would pH your synthetic nutes to 5.7-5.9 and see how the plant does. But since it already has an NPK value of 12/14/24, I would watch the plant and see how it's doing without them first.

Oh god, please help me... Guys i dont understand anything yet....

And bringing soil from outside is veeery expensive and dangerous i think....

The plagron light mix which is peat based has a lot perlite inside the bag. Yes. On the bag it states EC 1.1 and ph 6-7

The other soil is compo sana and here is a photo i have on phone with me now
20200116_192138.jpg

Yes sir...

The plants are in another type of soil right now which gived me 6.6-6.8 run off everytime and ec 2.5-3.2

im going to make transplant today...

2 of the 6 plants will go into plagron

2 of the 4 left in the compo sana (ph 5.7 on the bag)
The other 2 plants will stay in the soil i started them (ph 6.8 ec 3.2 run off)

Im want to give them all the same watering @ 6.5 every time and see what problems they will show me from what medium? Like this i can pick up a soil and make it a routine?

No i cant. It was black soil from switcherland i think. Didnt save the bag cause i thought the big diy store will have lots.....i renember the slurry test gave me 6.8 and EC..... Before that i used biobizz light mix....also shipped in with high cost....

So you're trying to pick between two local brands I'm guessing. Then this is going to be an experiment either way, and your results may not come close to what your last grow looked like.

Since one bag has a pH range of 6-7 and one says it's pH'd at 5.7, I would pH in the low 6 range, and if there are nutes in both I would wait to feed them until they look hungry for something. And make sure the plants get a good wet/dry cycle. Having wet roots all the time will slow down growth and can look like nutrient deficiencies.

If you have RO water on hand, feel free to use it, but if your tap water is at 150PPM (I think you mentioned that earlier) and safe to drink, it's fine for your plants. This isn't a living organic soil grow, so RO water isn't necessary.

Don't expect the best results from this grow as it's just a test to see which medium you will choose going forward. Even the next grow might have some bumps in it. But with a few grows you will have a better handle on growing in it.

@InTheShed i also changed from botanicare ph down phos 0-15-0 to a nitric acid ph down. The nitric acid was bought in a big bucket 50 litres i think. Is very chemical shit...pure nitric around 69 %. When i open the cap to take some nitric to dilute it with water it smells a lot and also smoke coming up from there....i got it on my nail on time and it had a yellow spot for long time....

I hope this is not my problem? I dilute it with 1 cup of water 2-5ml of nitric

Sounds like pretty concentrated stuff so be damn careful with it. Nitric acid will work as pH down but will add nitrogen to the soil, so that's something else to watch out for. Assuming it's pure nitric acid and not mixed with anything else.

I have no idea what the dilution rate is for your concentration of nitric acid though. Whatever works for your water without killing yourself or your lungs in the process is good.

DISCLAIMER: Concentrated nitric acid will burn your lungs as well as your skin, and can kill you.

Im aware of it so now i just prepare a dilute solution with water. Using gloves and mask and glasses when i come contact with this staff. The solution lasts for ever and is not strong like the original form....

I guess its what we buying in the 1 litre bottles from companies...and pretty expensive too.....

The ahriculture shop has also 50litre bucket of phosphorus acid which i will use in the flower stage....

50 litres 50 euros is not bad at all

Back
Top Bottom