Please punctuate and proofread

George Mc

I have to say this, there's some people on here that need to punctuate their statements and proofread also. I know I'm not the only one that's bothered by this. I read some of these posts over and over and I still don't know what somebody is saying. Maybe it's just my problem not anybody else's.

I have to say this, there's some people on here that need to punctuate their statements and proofread also. I know I'm not the only one that's bothered by this. I read some of these post over and over and I still don't know what somebody is saying. Maybe it's just my problem not anybody else's.

I have to admit. I thought I was the only one that is irritated by this. It’s bad enough, where I stopped reading threads occupied by that type of poster, as I have zero desire to spend my happy buzz trying to decipher a comment.

The post that I'm referring to I would be willing to put money on are placed by young people who text on a regular basis. It's like they have to text 100 words in 2.3 seconds to be cool. I never went to college so my grammar and writing skills are not what they should be but I try to proofread before I hit the reply button.

Punctuation, especially .
I can figure out a misspelled word,but reading a 200 word paragraph with absolutely no punctuation, reminds me of listening to a toddler describing her day to me.
I'll take the time to listen to the toddler,but I expect at least basic communication skills from an adult.
I spend a lot of time proofreading and correcting my own posts,because I apparently have "keyboard dyslexia" or something.

I appreciate a man or woman’s way of speaking their own way. Slang and whatever is part of your charm. When I can hear you and my brain can keep up and decipher what your message is. I don’t think this translates in written text.

Wut, is not what. The skipping of one letter to make it correct, tells me you don’t care . If you don’t care, why should I?

High guys will my plant die R wil my yield be effected I am so stressed as shit rite now please help me 1st I gave it nutes BigBudz with 24ml of SuperMaxBlastR the leves have dropd n sorta R dryed out so then I flushed it cuz I thot I shud stil it’s no gud mi bro sed it’s calmag deficy but their turn yellow lik nerly white all most not like b4 they was totalle gren also the stem is limp almost lik rubr wen I felt the dirt in re the dirt wit my finger was wet I read that’s good mabe cuz I flush it now if I have to wait for it to dried more should I feed agin or mov my light closer or far-er to it man just cant don’t wanna w8 incase she get werse I’m shattered please help here’s a pic 2 show the prob white leves N droop

I was following just fine until I came to the apostrophe in the word "don't"-where the hell did that come from?

As echoed above I just ignore those threads now. The biggest problem for me is the waste of time. If people would spend half as much time reading as they do posting the same repeated questions they might accomplish something.

I come to this forum many times a day for two reasons. The first is to learn about growing marijuana in the best way I can. The second reason is for entertainment purposes. Some of these posts stress me out which takes away from my entertainment. I might have to use that ignore feature from here on out on certain people.

I like it, it’s like a game. I feel like a cryptography expert when I finally understand what they are trying to say.

The ones that actually bug me are things like “alot”. I suffered through Mrs. Hamm’s 1200 lectures saying “a lot is two words” in 3rd grade and it stuck with me.

On a side note my 20 year old son has started to rebel against the trends. I’ve noticed actual words like “okay” and “thanks” in his texts instead of “ok” and “thx”. Maybe it’s a new trend?

:passitleft:

Self preservation is a good thing & I tend to be a bit choosy about which threads I answer these days. If feel I’m actually going to be able to help someone out with their issue- that’s great. But if we have to communicate in smoke signals to do it, it’s probably not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom