Possible early pistils?

saxxon413

alright so i woke up this morning and noticed at the very top (the crown) i can see what look like little tiny pistils just starting,i saw this before but it turned out to be just another set of leaves starting,what im seeing today looks totally different and there are more of them,too small to see with my camera but i can see with my naked eye,a little better with a magnifying glass,heres some pics if anybody can help with any info or suggestions,thanks ^-^

20130901_104741.jpg

20130901_104702.jpg

20130901_104728.jpg

Re: possible early pistils??

That plant is too small to start the flower period, give it time to grow and develop, be patient. My guess is you're about 3-4 weeks since the seed sprouted? if so, keep it vegetating for at least 4-5 more weeks.

So far you're only growing leaves, take a closer look and you'll see that you're not growing branches yet, no branches, no buds, except maybe for the tip.
As long as you keep it with over 13 hours of light a day it shouldn't flower(18/6 being the optimal light schedule for veg), the more the better. Also you should keep the light as close as possible (without damaging the plant due to excess heat) to maximize the number of branches and minimize the internodal space. This will result in a lot more bud sites and better quality weed.

It looks very healthy so far, though, so good work, keep it up.

Good luck and happy growing!

I've noticed you have posted quite a few posts about this if you look at my journal you will see pics of my females that have juststarted showing in the last two days. I believe you are in 12/12 cycle so they will start to show in the first couple of weeks. Seeing as your plant is so small it will only show the pistils on the very tip. I will warn you that your yield will be very limited with such a small plant.

uhhh wow ok fuck you guys,as i CLEARLY stated many times before im a newbie so gimme a break,stay the fuck off my posts if your gonna try to be mr.knowitall douchebags..

Your plant looks good. You will have to wait a little longer to tell sex. I know how exciting it can be to find out you have a girl. That's part of the fun of growing. We were a beginners once, so don't let people get you down. Every time I grow you will learn something new.
:peace:

hi, and welcome to the site,

the plant looks great but before they enter the flower stage they need to mature first, even if you go 12-12 from seed they wont start flowering until around week 6 of growth, so you got a way to go yet, 12-12 from seed you can hit 1oz off the plant if everything is kept good, so you will get more than 1/4 off it at harvest, so even at this stage if you flip 12-12 you will get more than 1/4oz so dont worry to much,

it all depends how long you want to veg for, the longer you veg the more you get in return, most growers like to flip to 12-12 when the plant is mature, this is when the plant shows you what sex it is and usually around week 6 to 8 of growth depending on strain, you need to keep the light as close as you can but not close enough to burn the plant, check this by holding your hand at plant level then if its hot raise the light if its not then lower the light, having the light lower means the plant will stretch less and node spacing will be much better,

node spacing is the gap between each branch, so each new node that grows has some distance from the node below it, so keeping the light closer helps keep node spacing nice and close.

let us know what your plans are and what you want to do about flowering it, what nutes are you using, the best schedule is 18-6 as roots develop more under this schedule compared with other schedules, ive tried 24-0, 20-4 and glr, i find glr is the best schedule but 18-6 is what i use as i grow autos as well and these do better under a dark period also,

so let us know how long you plan on vegging for

Back
Top Bottom