Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

2nd flush of these Blue Devil B+
Looks like another 60+ shrooms.

Got a 3rd flush of the Golden Teacher coming in looks like maybe 20-30 of them if they all grow to maturity
20210115_184817.jpg
20210115_184808.jpg

Alright guys and gals, it's been a wonderful few days, and I realized that I didn't finish the SHOW for you and I'm a HORRIBLE Host! :rofl: The Chestnut mushroom is climbing the ladder to be one of my favorites, and TASTY in Spaghetti and meatballs. First flush the block gave up a pound... I'm trying for a second flush which isn't the easiest with Chestnuts, ALL for the sake of DATA(original block from testing 10 Blocks). Enjoy!

View media item 1811280
View media item 1811279
View media item 1811278
View media item 1811277
View media item 1811281
View media item 1811282

AND... FINALLY... a Shiitake Block ready for fruiting. This block had two nice sized mushrooms on the top growing near the filter patch. The Big one is soft and mushy so it was discarded, the other Shiitake Cap (Not pictured)went to a spore print experiment to see if it will print(I'm betting it won't since it isn't fully mature, but the cap was fully open so Maybe and wasn't mushy like the pictured fruit). These blocks are crazy to watch grow. Enjoy!

P.S This IS the last of the Photo FEST! :high-five:

View media item 1811330
View media item 1811331
View media item 1811332
View media item 1811333
View media item 1811334
View media item 1811329
View media item 1811335
View media item 1811336
View media item 1811337Good size fruit for HIGH Co2 inside the bag Near the Patch.

2nd flush of these Blue Devil B+
Looks like another 60+ shrooms.

Got a 3rd flush of the Golden Teacher coming in looks like maybe 20-30 of them if they all grow to maturity
20210115_184817.jpg
20210115_184808.jpg

Dam nice job im about to start some fresh tubs myself soon. Gotta few albino a+ an some A.P.E. an B+ oh an then i think one or of PF Redspore as well so my next run shud be pretty fun. An it looks like 2day is guna be a long awaited work day lol. Cuz i just went an got a new p.c altho this one is slightly smaller its a 16 quart versus my other 1 was a 23 i believe. But still Ive been dieing to get back to being able 2 sterilize stuff so i cud get my agar poured an get some jars ready to fill up an noc up some grains.
Alright guys and gals, it's been a wonderful few days, and I realized that I didn't finish the SHOW for you and I'm a HORRIBLE Host! :rofl: The Chestnut mushroom is climbing the ladder to be one of my favorites, and TASTY in Spaghetti and meatballs. First flush the block gave up a pound... I'm trying for a second flush which isn't the easiest with Chestnuts, ALL for the sake of DATA(original block from testing 10 Blocks). Enjoy!

View media item 1811280
View media item 1811279
View media item 1811278
View media item 1811277
View media item 1811281
View media item 1811282

Dam that looks amazing nice job im definitely guna try some Chestnut they look so cool to lol. So i have a question about the sawdust blocks/bags? Do u jus order the sawdust blocks already sterilized in a bag an then u jus noc em up with watever spore u choose or do u get the sawdust an bag them up an sterilize it ur self an so on? Jus wondering how i should go about starting my own blocks of oysters n wen i get them chestnut an so forth? Jus tryn to figure out the the easiest way to go.

AND... FINALLY... a Shiitake Block ready for fruiting. This block had two nice sized mushrooms on the top growing near the filter patch. The Big one is soft and mushy so it was discarded, the other Shiitake Cap (Not pictured)went to a spore print experiment to see if it will print(I'm betting it won't since it isn't fully mature, but the cap was fully open so Maybe and wasn't mushy like the pictured fruit). These blocks are crazy to watch grow. Enjoy!

P.S This IS the last of the Photo FEST! :high-five:

View media item 1811330
View media item 1811331
View media item 1811332
View media item 1811333
View media item 1811334
View media item 1811329
View media item 1811335
View media item 1811336
View media item 1811337Good size fruit for HIGH Co2 inside the bag Near the Patch.

Nice man thats cool i got a shiitake log ill be starting tonight myself. Its got alil mushroom cap starting on it but i got it in the fridge waiting till i got everything ready. So 2day ill be starting my blueoyster block n the shiitake log i figure ill jus do them in monotubs till i get my sonic mister humidity thing working right. Or i need new/better hygrometers cause they were both reading a few %off but cud jus be the units they say can be a few off. But it said it was only raising the rh% like 3 to 4% the highest it read was 54% an the other one said 49% so idk but im guna get a nice new hygrometer n see whats up then. Otherwise maybe i need a bigger mister. Or will jus need to put it in a smaller tote rite inside the tent or sumthn idk lol. I guess some more tinkering is needed so for now ill jus have to use a few single monos.

All my blocks are WBS or Oats inoculated in a SAB. I use hardwood pellets and Rice Bran and sterilize for 2.5 hours. I can do 4 at a time(5.2 lb blocks, any bigger and the 16 quart won't fit 4, figured that out first run when blocks were over 6lbs each.. only would fit 2 which isn't worth it). I need a 23 Quart to do 6 at a time, but this is working for now. I use Unicorn bags with .2 micron patches(zip ties to close the bag in the SAB).

Dam nice job im about to start some fresh tubs myself soon. Gotta few albino a+ an some A.P.E. an B+ oh an then i think one or of PF Redspore as well so my next run shud be pretty fun. An it looks like 2day is guna be a long awaited work day lol. Cuz i just went an got a new p.c altho this one is slightly smaller its a 16 quart versus my other 1 was a 23 i believe. But still Ive been dieing to get back to being able 2 sterilize stuff so i cud get my agar poured an get some jars ready to fill up an noc up some grains.

Dam that looks amazing nice job im definitely guna try some Chestnut they look so cool to lol. So i have a question about the sawdust blocks/bags? Do u jus order the sawdust blocks already sterilized in a bag an then u jus noc em up with watever spore u choose or do u get the sawdust an bag them up an sterilize it ur self an so on? Jus wondering how i should go about starting my own blocks of oysters n wen i get them chestnut an so forth? Jus tryn to figure out the the easiest way to go.
Just harvested the 2nd Blue Devil B+ flush and was 520 gr so at over 2500 gr so far and looks like I am getting at least 2 more flushes.
I don't think I am going to need to grow any more for a couple years.

The one Golden Teacher here is 34.5 gr for one shroom.
20210117_180415.jpg
20210117_143116.jpg
20210117_143156.jpg
20210117_142947.jpg

Iam going to have to grow some Shitake and Lions Mane next, I wish they would keep growing endlessly like these psilocybin mushrooms do.

All my blocks are WBS or Oats inoculated in a SAB. I use hardwood pellets and Rice Bran and sterilize for 2.5 hours. I can do 4 at a time(5.2 lb blocks, any bigger and the 16 quart won't fit 4, figured that out first run when blocks were over 6lbs each.. only would fit 2 which isn't worth it). I need a 23 Quart to do 6 at a time, but this is working for now. I use Unicorn bags with .2 micron patches(zip ties to close the bag in the SAB).
Nice im currently making a fully closed sab with arm ports tht have gloves for me to work on whatever inside but yea im actually gettn some oats n everything ready to try tht way u mentioned to me b4 so hopefully this run goes gud lol. Then i got some agar kinda cooling so i can work with it then ill have some more agar jars to do transfers 2morow. But yea i currently have the 16 quart p.c as well my 23 took a dump on me an i jus happen to walk rite by this one in the store an i cudnt pass it up i was like oh man its only a 16....... buuuut then i cud get rite to work as soon as i get back hme oh ok yup in the cart u go lol.

Nice im currently making a fully closed sab with arm ports tht have gloves for me to work on whatever inside but yea im actually gettn some oats n everything ready to try tht way u mentioned to me b4 so hopefully this run goes gud lol. Then i got some agar kinda cooling so i can work with it then ill have some more agar jars to do transfers 2morow. But yea i currently have the 16 quart p.c as well my 23 took a dump on me an i jus happen to walk rite by this one in the store an i cudnt pass it up i was like oh man its only a 16....... buuuut then i cud get rite to work as soon as i get back hme oh ok yup in the cart u go lol.
I have the 16 quart as well, you can still do 7 spawn quarts, just don't have the height of the 23quart that you can put 10 jars in if you put 3 on top.

I wouldn't put gloves on your SAB ports(you don't want suction sort of piston effect), just make BIG holes so less air movement and easier to maneuver. I used an old metal coffee can I found in the garage. My only advice is... spray your (flat sturdy) surface well with 70% Iso and wipe all jars and spray fine mist inside SAB to get the Air prepped. No fans or HVAC while working. I always lock the door so nobody walks in the room while I'm working and I wear a mask and gloves.

I have the 16 quart as well, you can still do 7 spawn quarts, just don't have the height of the 23quart that you can put 10 jars in if you put 3 on top.

I wouldn't put gloves on your SAB ports(you don't want suction sort of piston effect), just make BIG holes so less air movement and easier to maneuver. I used an old metal coffee can I found in the garage. My only advice is... spray your (flat sturdy) surface well with 70% Iso and wipe all jars and spray fine mist inside SAB to get the Air prepped. No fans or HVAC while working. I always lock the door so nobody walks in the room while I'm working and I wear a mask and gloves.

Yea i couldnt find the long gloves i was lookn for lol. Plus figured it wud take up more room too. So jus went with like u said. But i unfortunately dont have my own seperate room to work in i wish i did tht would be amazing lol. So i jus turn the air off n tell no1 to come in while im working so it dnt mess up. Or i jus try an work in the middle of the night when every1 is sleeping so i dnt get bothered kinda like 2nite haha. Check it out i finally got my 6500k light strip all strapped up to the wire frame an now got it hung up in the tent.
View media item 1811366

Yea i couldnt find the long gloves i was lookn for lol. Plus figured it wud take up more room too. So jus went with like u said. But i unfortunately dont have my own seperate room to work in i wish i did tht would be amazing lol. So i jus turn the air off n tell no1 to come in while im working so it dnt mess up. Or i jus try an work in the middle of the night when every1 is sleeping so i dnt get bothered kinda like 2nite haha. Check it out i finally got my 6500k light strip all strapped up to the wire frame an now got it hung up in the tent.
View media item 1811366
Are those the waterproof strip lights... I was looking at those as well for the future changes I would like to make. The bulb outside the tent is working fine for now, but I'm looking for a cleaner all inclusive look. :volcano-smiley:

Are those the waterproof strip lights... I was looking at those as well for the future changes I would like to make. The bulb outside the tent is working fine for now, but I'm looking for a cleaner all inclusive look. :volcano-smiley:
No i jus looked N they r not water proof which wud b awesome if they were lol. But still pretty bright so i bet they work pretty gud. Hey wen i start my shiitake log an blueoyster block in a monotub shud i put the pollyfill in the holes right off the bat or shud i tape the holes up i cant remember how 2 start them lol.

Back
Top Bottom