Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

I'm fascinated with Turkey Tail (Polypore mushrooms) so the WAIT is worth it to me. I have 6 Reishi blocks, a few of them already colonized(I'm addicted). I just shot up some Piopinno and Maitake LC a few days ago, quite a few Blue Oyster blocks will be ready soon. Unfortunately, the Chicken of the Woods didn't fruit in the bag, NO Shock there(near impossible, not much out there fruiting them indoors), it needs to be on a log. I'll get a nice Oak log or something when I get a chance.

11 Days Colonizing, and it's PINNING, I say send her to fruit.

Awesome ok man thanx for lettn me no ill get her fruiting rite away 2nite lol.

I'm fascinated with Turkey Tail (Polypore mushrooms) so the WAIT is worth it to me. I have 6 Reishi blocks, a few of them already colonized(I'm addicted). I just shot up some Piopinno and Maitake LC a few days ago, quite a few Blue Oyster blocks will be ready soon. Unfortunately, the Chicken of the Woods didn't fruit in the bag, NO Shock there(near impossible, not much out there fruiting them indoors), it needs to be on a log. I'll get a nice Oak log or something when I get a chance.

11 Days Colonizing, and it's PINNING, I say send her to fruit.
Ive seen those reishi b4 on different spore sites. Thats the dark reddish brownish kinda glossy lookn arent they? What r those gud for again cuz if i remember they arent edible ones right?

Nope, they aren't edible, strictly medicinal. You can powder it or boil them in a tea. I just want some Reishi CONKS! :rofl:

Immune Booster, Antioxidant(Debatable), Blood sugar management... Possible Anti- Cancer Properties... really Great Stuff!

I picked a nice Chicken of the Woods last year, hoping it comes back.
Was huge, got a ton of mushroom off it.
Made great faux chicken sandwiches.
20180602_131931.jpg
20180602_131940.jpg
20180603_162953.jpg
20180603_163226.jpg

I picked a nice Chicken of the Woods last year, hoping it comes back.
Was huge, got a ton of mushroom off it.
Made great faux chicken sandwiches.
20180602_131931.jpg
20180602_131940.jpg
20180603_162953.jpg
20180603_163226.jpg

Sulpher Polypore... or Sulpher Shelf Mushroom. Beautiful specimen, I hope you return to another year of them. Looks like you used a knife to cut them, I bet you have luck again. Good Vibes! :meditate:

Dang man, NICE hunting... I see Reishi, Chantrelles it looks like... wild oysters... LM... CotW.. Wow what a score. What are the first three pictures... looks like Amanita(Agaricus first two Pics) edible species maybe. The Orange Red Mushroom with the Vulva, is that a Caesar mushroom or... Appreciate you sharing... some Wonderful shots.

Antlers and CONKS... MAN... I can't Wait.

Is that an elm oyster underneath?

Dang man, NICE hunting... I see Reishi, Chantrelles it looks like... wild oysters... LM... CotW.. Wow what a score. What are the first three pictures... looks like Amanita(Agaricus first two Pics) edible species maybe. The Orange Red Mushroom with the Vulva, is that a Caesar mushroom or... Appreciate you sharing... some Wonderful shots.

Antlers and CONKS... MAN... I can't Wait.

Is that an elm oyster underneath?
The red ones with the vulva are Amanita Jacksonii which is i guess the north American Ceasar.
Yep, Elm Oyster.

First two are Boletus Edulis

@Nunyabiz... If you had some Morels in there, that would of been the Cherry on the Sundae. You have me SO excited to go find some Spring Kings now or MORELS. Your Bolete is a different color, are you in Canada. Maybe it's the dark picture throwing the color off. I should of known with the white outer edge, I love Cannabis AND mushroom photography. Thank you SO much! :Namaste:

I'm a wood lover species fanatic right now, but the Boletes are mycorrhizal and a beautiful sight. The first pic looks like a wood ear mushroom, and the second looks maybe early Sawgill, and I have NO idea what the last picture is. Wow, that's a Cool skirted mushroom. You ARE SO making my day right now.

@Nunyabiz... If you had some Morels in there, that would of been the Cherry on the Sundae. You have me SO excited to go find some Spring Kings now or MORELS. Your Bolete is a different color, are you in Canada. Maybe it's the dark picture throwing the color off. I should of known with the white outer edge, I love Cannabis AND mushroom photography. Thank you SO much! :Namaste:
Haven't found a single Morel in my area.
I used to find them in California everytime I hiked to this crater lake in the Sierras.
Small little lake at about 9,800 feet called Evelyn Lake, chock full of rainbow trout.
We used to stay there for 7 to 9 days and never see another person.
There was a meadow on the trail called Hockett Meadow and there were always wild onions growing there. Id pick a bunch of those then along the trail id see Morels and I'd grab those.
Then when we got to the lake and set up camp I would catch a couple trout which would literally take 2 minutes.
I would saute the onions Morels and trout in butter, was soooo good.

Here in the city, the trout are all plants, where I Go camping deep in a Canyon down a real BAD road that you have to be careful going down. Nothing like catching Wild trout that are much smarter than plants for the rivers for Stripers Running. I'll never forget this guy throwing a trout out for bait(it's illegal) and catching the biggest monster I've ever seen in person. Also, I'll never forget my buddy catching a 25 pound striper on a bass Rig, I've never seen someone going up and down the banks running out of reel. He landed it though, too a long time, like trying to get in a big Salmon. I don't know who was more wore out, HIM or the fish. :D

I'm a wood lover species fanatic right now, but the Boletes are mycorrhizal and a beautiful sight. The first pic looks like a wood ear mushroom, and the second looks maybe early Sawgill, and I have NO idea what the last picture is. Wow, that's a Cool skirted mushroom. You ARE SO making my day right now.
The first is actually a Amber Jelly Roll which basically everybody mistakes for the Wood Ear because they are so similar.
The second is Wolf Balls
The really weird one is a Chocolate Tube Slime mold.

Back
Top Bottom