Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Ok i had a question about that actually. With a sawdust block in a bag can i do agar with those to inoculate them or do they have to be done with a syringe? Cause im guessing i wont be able 2 do the shiitake in grain jars right? Dont i shoot up a sawdust block or wud i do a grain jar like normal an then add the grains to the sawdust block at the same time i add it to the unicorn bags? Im jus tryn to figure out how do i continue my shiitake mushrooms and also my oysters once i get there prints?
Similar process... you go to AGAR from the spores, I like to transfer once or twice, if it looks clean I'll take a piece for another AGAR plate, and dump the whole plate in one jar. If it's(in the jar) contaminated, you will usually see it within 3 days. You have to sterilize the blocks 2.5 hours and let them cool for 8 hours. You can leave them in the PC if you aren't doing anything else, or I stick them in a clean Alcohol sprayed box if I have more duties with the PC. I warn you, it's a little more involved process, but I KNOCK up two blocks per quart jar of spawn at a time. It's a tight fight in a SAB, I have a little over 100 quart tub for the SAB and it's still takes getting used to. I've done 34 blocks so.... It's just like anything else in life, (repeating a process), I'm fast and efficient now.

Fold your blocks underneath themselves and have the filter patches facing each other in the PC, if the filters are facing outward(towards outer edge of PC instead of in the middle), you run the risk of the bag getting caught underneath the trivet. Also, if your bag or bags are close to the metal bar inside the PC that connects the locking mechanism(seals the PC), shut it down before it fully pressurizes by flipping the bobber. IT won't effect the block since it's not even close to 15lbs yet, but if that doesn't seal correctly, it will leak and won't pressurize properly. When inoculating blocks, turn the block on it's side, you will know what I mean if and when you do this... Your Welcome in Advance! :)

Also shake spawn jars in advance so they are just ready, then spray them down with alcohol when you are about to put them in the SAB. I try to slide the jar in between both bag flaps and wrap the bag around the glass (on it's side in the SAB) use my other hand to pour in the Oats, slide jar out while closing up the bag around the glass and twist the top of the bag(make sure you get all sides of the bag in the twist). Grab your zip tie that is on top of the SAB while holding the twist with your other hand. You will get there, just be patient, you have a window of opportunity as long as you sprayed everything down well(70% IS0). All the Best! :volcano-smiley:

Similar process... you go to AGAR from the spores, I like to transfer once or twice, if it looks clean I'll take a piece for another AGAR plate, and dump the whole plate in one jar. If it's(in the jar) contaminated, you will usually see it within 3 days. You have to sterilize the blocks 2.5 hours and let them cool for 8 hours. You can leave them in the PC if you aren't doing anything else, or I stick them in a clean Alcohol sprayed box if I have more duties with the PC. I warn you, it's a little more involved process, but I KNOCK up two blocks per quart jar of spawn at a time. It's a tight fight in a SAB, I have a little over 100 quart tub for the SAB and it's still takes getting used to. I've done 34 blocks so.... It's just like anything else in life, (repeating a process), I'm fast and efficient now.

Fold your blocks underneath themselves and have the filter patches facing each other in the PC, if the filters are facing outward(towards outer edge of PC instead of in the middle), you run the risk of the bag getting caught underneath the trivet. Also, if your bag or bags are close to the metal bar inside the PC that connects the locking mechanism(seals the PC), shut it down before it fully pressurizes by flipping the bobber. IT won't effect the block since it's not even close to 15lbs yet, but if that doesn't seal correctly, it will leak and won't pressurize properly. When inoculating blocks, turn the block on it's side, you will know what I mean if and when you do this... Your Welcome in Advance! :)

Also shake spawn jars in advance so they are just ready, then spray them down with alcohol when you are about to put them in the SAB. I try to slide the jar in between both bag flaps and wrap the bag around the glass (on it's side in the SAB) use my other hand to pour in the Oats, slide jar out while closing up the bag around the glass and twist the top of the bag(make sure you get all sides of the bag in the twist). Grab your zip tie that is on top of the SAB while holding the twist with your other hand. You will get there, just be patient, you have a window of opportunity as long as you sprayed everything down well(70% IS0). All the Best! :volcano-smiley:

Ok kool i wasnt sure if i cud do agar to bags or not or if i needed to take these spores an make spore syringes with them. But yea im tryn to get my pearl oysters to fruit a second time so i can get some spores frm them as well then ill be doing alot mre shiitake n oyster blocks then. But yea thanx man for the detailed info much appreciated.

AGAR to sawdust wouldn't be a good idea, AGAR to grain, then Blocks. If you shake up the bags well with your Oats, they will colonize very quickly. I noticed a HUGE difference in colonization times when properly mixed.

Jeebus, these Golden Teacher and B+ are still producing.
Got a 4th and now a 5th flush of Golden Teacher and got a 3rd and 4th flush of B+
And still looks like more on the way.

This Golden Teacher was over 34gr and so heavy it couldn't hold itself up it leaned over and grew sideways.

20210201_135744.jpg

This B+ was just under 30gr and is literally deep dark blue top to bottom, even stained my hand blue and I was just as careful handling it as I could possibly be and it still turned so freaking blue it is really a blend of scary and beautiful.
This one shroom would literally send both my wife and I to the moon and back twice each.
I am almost scared to eat this thing.
20210201_131901.jpg

Subbing this thread

AGAR to sawdust wouldn't be a good idea, AGAR to grain, then Blocks. If you shake up the bags well with your Oats, they will colonize very quickly. I noticed a HUGE difference in colonization times when properly mixed.
SeeOrr yea thts what i meant not to the bag lol but yea thanx man i got 4 jars going now with tht method u told me 2 try for boiling the grains i got 2 golden teacher going an 2 columbian rust. Guna get a few shiitake jars going later 2day now tht i no tht it will work n how to noc up sawdust blocks lol.

If and when you start doing blocks, fill the PC up to the first bag, almost all the way. Also, I added some jar rings(7) to the bottom of my trivet to raise off of the canner just a little more. No issues with bags, it's a long time to PC so dial in the bobber to a nice low sounding rock. If it's making too much noise, it's too high of heat and dial it down. You will use up almost all of the water in 2.5 hours so be careful and control that heat. Too noisy equals too high of heat. I can't stress that enough. And make sure the bags aren't blocking or too close to the lock valve mechanism(pops up when it seals).

Haven't updated any pics in awhile, the Turkey Tail is killing it, I will get some shots of that block up when I can. I have some more jars to NOC up and AGAR work. Always something to do in this hobby. :volcano-smiley:

View media item 1813542
View media item 1813543
View media item 1813545Turkey Tail in the Background
View media item 1813544First flush was a Bust(tasty tho') so I cased it for the
Second Flush.

Dam bro tht looks great nice job cant wait to see the turkey tail. An were u the one with the chestnut mushies going?

Ok
If and when you start doing blocks, fill the PC up to the first bag, almost all the way. Also, I added some jar rings(7) to the bottom of my trivet to raise off of the canner just a little more. No issues with bags, it's a long time to PC so dial in the bobber to a nice low sounding rock. If it's making too much noise, it's too high of heat and dial it down. You will use up almost all of the water in 2.5 hours so be careful and control that heat. Too noisy equals too high of heat. I can't stress that enough. And make sure the bags aren't blocking or too close to the lock valve mechanism(pops up when it seals).

Ok awesome man thanx alot. An yea here r 2 of the jars i got going with tht new way u taught me to do grains. An man its workn like a charm lol.
View media item 1813706
View media item 1813707
Now i got a mini tub going with 3 different strains an im already seeing lil pins starting but its barly covered on top in mycelium so what do i do jus leave it n let it keep going to cover more surface area in mycelium or shud i initiate fruiting on her? Also does this look like sum type of mold or sumthn starting if so why is it keep happening? These lil white dots cluster 2gether n usually end up making a mold patch dwn the line is this from not enuf fresh air or sumthn?

View media item 1813705
View media item 1813704
View media item 1813703
View media item 1813702
View media item 1813701
View media item 1813700

Ok

Ok awesome man thanx alot. An yea here r 2 of the jars i got going with tht new way u taught me to do grains. An man its workn like a charm lol.
View media item 1813706
View media item 1813707
Now i got a mini tub going with 3 different strains an im already seeing lil pins starting but its barly covered on top in mycelium so what do i do jus leave it n let it keep going to cover more surface area in mycelium or shud i initiate fruiting on her? Also does this look like sum type of mold or sumthn starting if so why is it keep happening? These lil white dots cluster 2gether n usually end up making a mold patch dwn the line is this from not enuf fresh air or sumthn?

View media item 1813705
View media item 1813704
View media item 1813703
View media item 1813702
View media item 1813701
View media item 1813700
That looks like some real clean spawn there... VERY Nice my friend.

I just fruited two more Chestnut blocks, but Chestnut shots from the first block are a few pages back.

Those blobs are the very early formation of PINS, your tub must be getting a good amount of FAE. IT's no problem, just leave it be and let it colonize a bit more. If you are opening the tubs, it's causing the pre pins if you will. I'm a set it and forget it for a week or so, but I check on them here and there without opening the lid. I never get pins until I'm ready with just the lid FAE. Everything looks good thus far... keep it Goin'. I'll get those turkey tails up today, the block is 6 weeks fruiting (As of Today). :volcano-smiley:

That looks like some real clean spawn there... VERY Nice my friend.

I just fruited two more Chestnut blocks, but Chestnut shots from the first block are a few pages back.

Those blobs are the very early formation of PINS, your tub must be getting a good amount of FAE. IT's no problem, just leave it be and let it colonize a bit more. If you are opening the tubs, it's causing the pre pins if you will. I'm a set it and forget it for a week or so, but I check on them here and there without opening the lid. I never get pins until I'm ready with just the lid FAE. Everything looks good thus far... keep it Goin'. I'll get those turkey tails up today, the block is 6 weeks fruiting Today. :volcano-smiley:

Dang nice job on those blocks. An holy shit 6 weeks fruiting 2day thts crazy lol. But they sure look gud u make it look so easy hahaha. But yea as for my tub. I wasnt meaning the thick fuzzy patches i know those r good there is jus these lil dots next to the patches tht i mite think r mold or sumthn idk. These r the pics with the dots i was talkn about see above the fuzz in the 1st pic. An below the fuzz an to the left lil bit in the 2md pic.
View media item 1813705
View media item 1813700

View media item 1802029
View media item 1802030
View media item 1802031Keep an eye on the blobs, if they turn green... you know what has to be done. In above pictures,
similar blobs and or beginning primordia stage. The fact that I see PINS is FAE, or contaminated and it's trying to fruit or abort. If those blobs start turning reddish brown(sometimes darker), you're GTG.

Yea the blobs i noticed 2day were actually jus lil pins starting. Cuz they developed alil more since yesterday so i cud notice them 2day. An yea they r getting a reddish brownish color patch on the tips of the shroomies. So shud i start fruiting or no an wait alil more? Here is the tub as of a few min ago.
View media item 1813864
View media item 1813865
View media item 1813866
View media item 1813867
Then here is one of my grain jars has alil sliver of sumthn greenish blueish idk what.

View media item 1813868
View media item 1813869
View media item 1813870
Here we got my shiitake log after the first flush. I was wondering what do i do now 2 get it 2 fruit a second flush?
View media item 1813871
Then here we got my Lionsmane block jus getting giant lol. I cant believe its getn so big lol.
View media item 1813872
View media item 1813873

Yea the blobs i noticed 2day were actually jus lil pins starting. Cuz they developed alil more since yesterday so i cud notice them 2day. An yea they r getting a reddish brownish color patch on the tips of the shroomies. So shud i start fruiting or no an wait alil more? Here is the tub as of a few min ago.
View media item 1813864
View media item 1813865
View media item 1813866
View media item 1813867
Then here is one of my grain jars has alil sliver of sumthn greenish blueish idk what.

View media item 1813868
View media item 1813869
View media item 1813870
Here we got my shiitake log after the first flush. I was wondering what do i do now 2 get it 2 fruit a second flush?
View media item 1813871
Then here we got my Lionsmane block jus getting giant lol. I cant believe its getn so big lol.
View media item 1813872
View media item 1813873
How Long has the tub been colonizing and how much spawn did you Use?

That looks like contamination from the AGAR material more than likely(Seems early for blusish-green
bruising)... Keep an eye on it.

The Shiitake block needs to rest for 10-14 days, I went I think 10 or 11 days rest, soaked it cold water for 8 hours or so and let it dry over night on a rack in open air to let it dry out completely. I had to put a 20 lb weight on the block to keep it submerged(buoyancy like a big fishing Bobber). Put it back in the Greenhouse and mist it for the first 3 days. I mist the block twice the first two days, and the third day I have Pins and one last misting and that's it. Let the Humidity and FAE do it's work.

Your LM block looks FANTASTIC... One of my favorites to Grow.

MY FIRST(Purchased) Edible/Medicinal syringe is finally paying off.... I PRESENT TO YOU... The Beautiful... The Bodacious... TURKEY TAIL!!! :woohoo:

View media item 1813876
View media item 1813878
View media item 1813880
View media item 1813879
View media item 1813881
View media item 1813877
View media item 1813882The New brain Clusters growing FAST!

MUCH Love to 420Mag, I thank everyone for getting me back into this Wonderful Game!

I'll get some Current Pictures up soon, the KINGS are doing well and More Shiitakes coming Sunday or early Next week. I'm hoping for a decent 2nd flush from the block. I have two more really close to going In. My favorite tasting for sure... Shiitakes and LM thus far.

How Long has the tub been colonizing and how much spawn did you Use?

That looks like contamination from the AGAR material more than likely(Seems early for blusish-green
bruising)... Keep an eye on it.

The Shiitake block needs to rest for 10-14 days, I went I think 10 or 11 days rest, soaked it cold water for 8 hours or so and let it dry over night on a rack in open air to let it dry out completely. I had to put a 20 lb weight on the block to keep it submerged(buoyancy like a big fishing Bobber). Put it back in the Greenhouse and mist it for the first 3 days. I mist the block twice the first two days, and the third day I have Pins and one last misting and that's it. Let the Humidity and FAE do it's work.

Your LM block looks FANTASTIC... One of my favorites to Grow.

I'll get some Current Pictures up soon, the KINGS are doing well and More Shiitakes coming Sunday or early Next week. I'm hoping for a decent 2nd flush from the block. I have two more really close to going In. My favorite tasting for sure... Shiitakes and LM thus far.

Awesome man tht turkey tail looks great congrats what a long fruiting time she is lol. But yea as for my minitub i started it on 1-24-21 and i used like 4 or 5 half quart jars of brf pucks tht i soaked for 24 hours in water then shaved them up using a cheese grater. Then i jus did layer of substrate layer of spawn an so on.

Awesome man tht turkey tail looks great congrats what a long fruiting time she is lol. But yea as for my minitub i started it on 1-24-21 and i used like 4 or 5 half quart jars of brf pucks tht i soaked for 24 hours in water then shaved them up using a cheese grater. Then i jus did layer of substrate layer of spawn an so on.

I'm fascinated with Turkey Tail (Polypore mushrooms) so the WAIT is worth it to me. I have 6 Reishi blocks, a few of them already colonized(I'm addicted). I just shot up some Piopinno and Maitake LC a few days ago, quite a few Blue Oyster blocks will be ready soon. Unfortunately, the Chicken of the Woods didn't fruit in the bag, NO Shock there(near impossible, not much out there fruiting them indoors), it needs to be on a log. I'll get a nice Oak log or something when I get a chance.

11 Days Colonizing, and it's PINNING, I say send her to fruit.

Back
Top Bottom