Quad12 JustMeds RDWC Build

I got to thinking about the pea stone in the bottom of the totes... If you have to vacuum out the cell during a nute change they will be a pain in the arse.

My thinking is that with the pea stone level with the bottom of the drain vacuuming wouldn't be necessary. There would be such a little bit of water left it would be negligible.

I just thought of this..... Ya a little expensive out of the gate but I think it may work great. I think it could be cut down a little in height to get rid of the lip which would make it a little smaller square so you could fit 4 nice in a 4x4 tent, real tight. The legs are not attached so would not have to install. Has a nice lip around bottom for sitting on floor. With the larger capacity you would not need as much of the height for volume so could afford to raise it to drain from the bottom. Its 20 gallon so half full is still 10 gallons, more then I have with the tote's and you get 100% drain.

Shop Mustee 23-in x 25-in White Freestanding Polypropylene Laundry Utility Sink with Drain at Lowes.com

Got another delivery.

Fan:
IMG_20170525_193838.jpg

Filter:
IMG_20170525_193901.jpg

My thinking is that with the pea stone level with the bottom of the drain vacuuming wouldn't be necessary. There would be such a little bit of water left it would be negligible.

There would be a little over a quart of liquid left in each tote even with pea stone.

Looks good in there. Where are you going to go out the tent to the reservoir with the lines?

My plan here is to cut holes to allow pipe out where needed. They will have to be light proofed somehow. They have fabric glue that I think could be used to fabricate up something useful.

Ok, that liquid sitting in the bottom during drain just bugged me. I am sure I am making a mountain out of a mole hill here. I am sure they would work great, but I don't see myself using them. Someone else can run with the tote idea. I will help if I can.

........A good plan is one that is flexible, I went to the store.

The trade off is I have to make a cover for each cell in order to have a lid.

To get them into the 4x4 the extra lip for the faucet had to be removed, so here are those pics. Then drain design will begin again.

Had one cut before I remembered I needed pics.

IMG_20170528_184038.jpg
IMG_20170528_183904.jpg

Here they are after the trim.

IMG_20170528_184709.jpg

Do yourself a favor and add a liberal amount of aquarium silicone around each glued connection on the drain piping while its still easy to access. As careful as I was and as much PVC cement as I used there was still a drip at the end of the day. Whats the old saying..."An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
I put a wrap of masking tape on either side of the connection then applied the silicone and then removed the tape to get a clean look around the seal.
If nothing else its piece of mind and really cheap insurance.

Can't wait to see this come together.:clap:

With the air stones, I don't plan on running any. Hope I am right.]

You will have a lot less of an issue with your PH .

From what I have read that is why I am doing it this way. With a little larger volume of water you also get some stability also I understand.

Back
Top Bottom