Question re how stinky your flower room gets with certain strains

I have some Skunk and some Cheese seeds. I've been told they're really stinky in flower. Overall, I like cannabis smells but I have been sensitive to certain smells in the past, e.g. perfume, diesel exhaust and fresh tar.

Is it a mistake to grow them both in the same tent?

No, as long as you're not "sensitive" to a specific terpene I don't see a problem. If you've grown those two strains separately, growing them together should have zero adverse effect. You won't know until you try it, but the reality is, that although some strains have more of certain terpenes than others, terpenes (smell) are in all the buds, just some are in larger quantities than others. (not sure if that helped)

Thanks, Phyto. I've never grown either of them before. I was just wondering if it was a mistake to grow them in the same tent because of the smell. This info will help me figure out my winter grow so thank you for that.

I've never grown Skunk or Cheese.

I'd say strong odor implies high resin production, and that may be correlated to bud rot resistance, depending on the dominant terpene in the strain. Myrcene may be the best overall one for bud rot resistance... I'm looking into this. Terpinolene looks promising as well (e.g. Durban Poison). I just found out that myrcene is the most common dominant terpene in all strains analyzed by Leafly.com – 1,323 strains have myrcene as the dominant terpene.

Skunk is high in myrcene and pinene [ source ].

Cheese is also high in myrcene [ source ]. It's a pheno of Skunk #1. Look out for the strong odor of Cheese! ... I just found this article: click here. ... "One try is followed by a primal desire for more" ... I'd like to grow some!

happy growing! 🪴

I have some Skunk and some Cheese seeds. I've been told they're really stinky in flower. Overall, I like cannabis smells but I have been sensitive to certain smells in the past, e.g. perfume, diesel exhaust and fresh tar.

Is it a mistake to grow them both in the same tent?
Why do folks love gas so much? I have a run I just did and one strain I had ended up so so gassy that I can't even try the different phenos to make a final selection. It's so gross...and since I'm the grower I 100% know there is no pesticides or anything at all...100% organically produced terps. It really is nasty...it's got this gross pinesol finish too but I know someone will LOVE it so one will move to production...anyway the point was I grew the gross along with some sweet terped strains and a piney terped strain too...At the end of the day the combination of them all smelled like grapefruit....From my experience I think it should be fine

Back
Top Bottom