Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Very nice. Congratulations. :blushsmile:

Bud washing injury

After partaking of Marijuana for 40 years, I have suffered my first bud related injury! After washing my bud, I noticed for the first time that there was baking soda residue at the bottom of the bucket. After 24 hours, I noticed a burning sensation on my left pinkie under my ring. I failed to remove my rings before bud washing. My left pinkie ring is a large Lapis Lazuli. Unbeknownst to me, Lapis Lazuli and acid form Hydrogen Sulfide. Aparently my ring in the water for several minutes combined with the lemon juice (acid) forming hydrogen sulfide and chemically burning my skin. Ouch.

The moral: Cleaning agents can be harmful! Don't wear Lapis Lazuli while exposing yourself to lemon juice - even dilute lemon juice!

20151010_162422-2.jpg

Harvest a plant, repot another plant - in this case two :)

Caramelicious Quiffa and Sassy - after 5 months vegging in small pots.

20151010_212655.jpg

The roots on both of these barely reached the sides of the pots a little heavier at the base.
If their growth stalls at any point, these cannabis plants seem weak from that point on.
I'm not happy with either plant, but I loved the first Quiffa so they get another run.

20151010_212334.jpg

I started a worm poop and molasses tea bubbling in the blue bucket in the background.

On my first worm poop tea I believed there were valuable mycorrhizal fungi in the worm poop,
since the soil inputs didn't have these fungi it makes me wonder.

I'd like something to ramp up my soil life in the big pots, they seem bland.

Hello rado,
Long time,
I'm your buddy COo, new name here. Had to drop by and check things out. I'm loving seeing the potent looking herbs your producing. And to hear of you harvesting and using your VC gets my blood pumping. Nice job man, hope things are excellent for you.

A simple top dressing of your homemade VC watered into the pots will add lots of new life to your pots. I'm over AACT, I just occasionally add some (top dress) vermicompost and let it do it's thing. Nice and effective and boring really.

I wonder if you are busy like me getting firewood for the winter ahead?

Hello rado,
Long time,
I'm your buddy COo, new name here. Had to drop by and check things out. I'm loving seeing the potent looking herbs your producing. And to hear of you harvesting and using your VC gets my blood pumping. Nice job man, hope things are excellent for you.

A simple top dressing of your homemade VC watered into the pots will add lots of new life to your pots. I'm over AACT, I just occasionally add some (top dress) vermicompost and let it do it's thing. Nice and effective and boring really.

I wonder if you are busy like me getting firewood for the winter ahead?

Good to hear from you. Sweetsue has been trying to cover your organics thread in your absence. I believe your old ID is still up and running the way you left it 6 months ago, if you need it.

I have been running water only for months now. The leaf performance in the flower room seems to be fading since I drained the SWICK. I don't know about the bud performance. Spider mites have been behind some of the lower yields and slower growth too.

I did a 1/4 inch layer of vermicompost 2 weeks? ago. I'm waiting for it to kick in.

Don't be a stranger (unless you want to :) )

Bloody spider mites aye mate? Knock on wood .... these lil mongrels have not made their way into my garden yet..... knock one wood again!

I was looking carefully this afternoon. I still have living spider mites in the flower room.

After bagging the last harvest due to the bud washing incident, you know the one where I could have killed myself and the people near and dear to me, seeing these spider mites gave me the impulse to turn off the lights and let the girls all die. I didn't do it.

These spider mites suck the joy out of growing as they suck the vigor out of the plants.

At least Inow know it's not the soil getting old. It's bugs.

:sorry:I'm not "liking" the situation Radogast and I'm feeling really bad for you Sir. But your a great grower & I'll bet you kick their ass in no time. Hang in there brother, I'll send some killer vibes to you.

Hey Radogast, what do you think of "Prozap" bug strips? Ronnie69 uses them all the way through to harvest.

:sorry:I'm not "liking" the situation Radogast and I'm feeling really bad for you Sir. But your a great grower & I'll bet you kick their ass in no time. Hang in there brother, I'll send some killer vibes to you.

Hey Radogast, what do you think of "Prozap" bug strips? Ronnie69 uses them all the way through to harvest.

Do spider mites fly around enough for pest strips? I only ever see them crawling.

While they allow these in grain storage areas and on milking floors where people are there less than 4 hours per day, it seems fairly toxic stuff.
Carcinogenic Potential: Dichlorvos has been listed by IARC as a possible human carcinogen (Group 2B). EPA has classified Dichlorvos (DDVP) as a
Category C possible carcinogen.

Grrr. Im sorry to hear you still have the uglies. :( But Im really glad you didnt turn off the lights and go home. There is no doubt youll be kicking those life sucking critters out forthwith. :blushsmile:

Grrr. Im sorry to hear you still have the uglies. :( But Im really glad you didnt turn off the lights and go home. There is no doubt youll be kicking those life sucking critters out forthwith. :blushsmile:

My hand sprayer (repurposed Safer sprayer(a pyrethrin type pesticide))... anyway my sprayer stopped working, and i have mites, so I changed my water spray bottle that I was using to hydrate clones when starting in rockwool into my neem water sprayer.

I sprayed the underside of every leaf on every plant, including clones in the cloner.

Starting in the flower room, where Hawaiian Skunk Hani has a light to herself

Looking from outside, Hani on a bucket

20151012_144525-1.jpg

The Hani mother had a main cola, Hani Jr was topped to add a few more main buds.

20151012_144235-1.jpg

Buds are widened at 7 weeks in flower

20151012_144257-1.jpg

Snapshots from above

20151012_144318-1.jpg

20151012_144310-1.jpg

20151012_144308-1.jpg

Under the left hand light in the flower room, where a Snowcap and two breeder seeds are newly flowering

Current flowering room layout, 4 girls in flower

20151012_144458.jpg

Looking in from outside

20151012_144538-1.jpg

Snowcap Snow Queen on the left

20151012_143558-1.jpg

Snow Queen's slender profile

20151012_143420-1.jpg

20151012_143425-1.jpg

Snow Queen's fuller profile

20151012_142905-1.jpg

20151012_142920-1.jpg

Janice in the left side back row

20151012_143611-1.jpg

Janice has closely spaced branches and tightly packed leaves like Big Bertha had.

20151012_142425-1.jpg

Janice also has dark, largish leaves

20151012_142450-1.jpg

Lachesis looks a lot like Hani from the side - which is why I just deleted her profile picture.

Lachesis' smiling bud

20151012_142502-1.jpg

This plant has the oddest cannabis leaf structure I believe I've ever seen. Elegant, but so odd.

Damn the mites. You just can't catch a break, can you? Burn some sweet grass and do some corner clapping or ring some spirit bells. Your grow space needs a cosmic defense shield. :laughtwo: keep plugging away. Your soil will grow stronger. Those mites are a real challenge though. Drat! Good to know you went into full attack mode.

Excerpts from the Garden Room

Girl Scout Cookies - one of 4 four and five month old girls in late veg

20151012_145521-1.jpg

The late veg swick, note the happy looking plant in the back row

20151012_145130-1.jpg

3 month old Stella (Northern Lights) is my star in Late Veg. Among the youngest in the garden room, she is aso the largest and most energetic.

20151012_145302-1.jpg

20151012_145314-1.jpg

Stella leans :)

20151012_145241-1.jpg

Hani clone roots died after repotting. After the photos, I put her back into the daisy cloner. I would like another Hani clone.

20151012_145440-1.jpg

Despite recent setbacks, I am having better luck with the daisy cloner.

20151012_145731-1.jpg

I feel good about the fan, the space heater, and the worm bin. They each do their jobs with very little fuss :)

20151012_150523-1.jpg

The worm castings, molasses tea will be ready tomorrow. Let's hope there are mycorrizae forming fungus in there :)

This plant has the oddest cannabis leaf structure I believe I've ever seen. Elegant, but so odd.

Damn the mites. You just can't catch a break, can you? Burn some sweet grass and do some corner clapping or ring some spirit bells. Your grow space needs a cosmic defense shield. :laughtwo: keep plugging away. Your soil will grow stronger. Those mites are a real challenge though. Drat! Good to know you went into full attack mode.

Hani has some branches with 'normal' 5 leaf fan leaves, but most of her branches are growing mitten shaped leaves. Odd, but it seems to work for her.

I choose to act as if the mites will be defeated some day.

I admire that optimism in the face of evolution and numbers. We're but puny humans. :cheesygrinsmiley: Best of luck in elimination tactics.

Those are some smart looking plants, Radogast. :blushsmile: :thumb:

Congrats Rado and nice bud washing pictorial.

Back
Top Bottom