Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

It's ok Rad. Next time. Hug. :love:

Im sorry your little seeds didnt come up. :( But at least you still have your big girls to help soothe the sting of the loss.

Speaking of big girls. I measured out my flowering room with the SWICK, curent pot size, light clearance, and have I room for plants up to 40" tall.

These are the three Iam considering putting into flower,

Leilani, Hawaiian Skunk, 4 tops, 21" tall, 18" diameter

20150511_213036-1.jpg

Hani, Hawaiian skunk, 1 top, 24" tall, 16" diameter

20150511_213004-1.jpg

Giselle, breeder free seed, 6 tops, 25" tall, 18" diameter

20150511_213011-1.jpg

Do you recommend I move to 12/12 light under the 600W HPS ?

Speaking of big girls. I measured out my flowering room with the SWICK, curent pot size, light clearance, and have I room for plants up to 40" tall.

20150511_213036-1.jpg

Hani, Hawaiian skunk, 1 top, 24" tall, 16" diameter

20150511_213004-1.jpg

Giselle, breeder free seed, 6 tops, 25" tall, 18" diameter

20150511_213011-1.jpg

Do you recommend I move to 12/12 light under the 600W HPS ?

I cant recommend, since I know zero about HID lights. I do have a suggestion though. You said that Giselle, I think was, you thought was a boy. I think I might put that one in there first, like a week ahead of the others for sexing purposes. Just my thought.

I cant recommend, since I know zero about HID lights. I do have a suggestion though. You said that Giselle, I think was, you thought was a boy. I think I might put that one in there first, like a week ahead of the others for sexing purposes. Just my thought.

They all could be boys :)

Giselle is actually my major concern, I recently busted off her top and am wondering if I need to let the smaller branches bulk up a little before flower - but all the plants are growing about an inch a day. I can't wait much longer. I've only 15" more to play with.

I'd prefer to flower them on the same day or two. It gets to be a shuffle and I lose focus if the harvest are more than a week apart. (OK, I only have one harvest experience, but I am easily distracted :) )

20150511_213036-1.jpg

That luscious green gave me the chills. Beautiful :)

lol Im easily distracted too. I like shiny things. hehe

That luscious green gave me the chills. Beautiful :)

This Clackamus Coot soil mix is doing great things. If I can get my soil teas flowing, I can reuse this soil for years :)

So far, I think I've only done two teas (more would be better.) No liquid fertilizers have been applied, just the worm castings and other nutrients in the mix.

This Clackamus Coot soil mix is doing great things. If I can get my soil teas flowing, I can reuse this soil for years :)

So far, I think I've only done two teas (more would be better.) No liquid fertilizers have been applied, just the worm castings and other nutrients in the mix.

Both CO and I were very lax with the teas our first runs Rad. It didn't hold the plants back at all. It gave me time to gather supplies and get used to the idea of preparing them. It's very forgiving soil.

I am getting antsy to use my new soil! I almost can't take it.

Just week three turned the soil. A turn next week, a few more days and it's ready!!

The first week I turned the soil you could still see evidence of all the ingredients. Week two soil looked more like soil, but somehow not quite yet. Week three is BEAUTIFUL. Smells sweet, I've got worms in there already, I saw a couple of spiders and even a few slugs. Life is attracted to that soil. There definitely is energy coming off that stuff. I can't wait to get some plants in it. I think it's ready on the 20th!!!!

They're the right height and the right bulk. Trust your instinct and run with it Rad.

I am getting antsy to use my new soil! I almost can't take it.

Just week three turned the soil. A turn next week, a few more days and it's ready!!

The first week I turned the soil you could still see evidence of all the ingredients. Week two soil looked more like soil, but somehow not quite yet. Week three is BEAUTIFUL. Smells sweet, I've got worms in there already, I saw a couple of spiders and even a few slugs. Life is attracted to that soil. There definitely is energy coming off that stuff. I can't wait to get some plants in it. I think it's ready on the 20th!!!!

That's really exciting. I was so frustrated trying buy compost in winter and overcoming my resistance to perlite, I didn't enjoy the process enough.
Now I stir perlite, peat moss and compost together at the drop of a trowel. :)

That's really exciting. I was so frustrated trying buy compost in winter and overcoming my resistance to perlite, I didn't enjoy the process enough.
Now I stir perlite, peat moss and compost together at the drop of a trowel. :)

That's so funny Rad. The only thing I used perlite for was my SWICks and I still had to overcome that resistance! :laughtwo:

Hani, Giselle, and Lailani go into the flowering room at 12/12
All three are 'regular' unsexed, photoperiod plants grown from seed.
I placed them under a single 600 watt HPS at 75% power in a 4'x3' half of the swick. I'll go 100% power on Friday.
The timer is set for 12 hours on and 12 hours off. A second half of the swick with identical light is waiting for use.

A small oscillating fan in on 24/7. A blackout curtain and door seals keep outside light outside the flowering room.
A temperature controller exhausts hot air outdoors through 6" ducts routed through the light hoods.

Hani, Hawaiian Skunk

20150512_210153-1.jpg

20150512_210140-1.jpg

Giselle, breeder free seed (She smells of citrus)

20150512_210438-1.jpg

20150512_210500-1.jpg

Lailani, Hawaiian Skunk

20150512_210906.jpg

20150512_210917-1.jpg

Looking at the photos, I realize I was planning to trim them up a little at the base during the move.
I'll get back to that :)

They are all very pretty plants. I cant wait to see what happens next. Fingers crossed for girls across the board. :blushsmile:

I love the leaves on Lailani. They all have such beautiful leaves. I take it you're happy with the soil mix?

How satisfying to get them into bloom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I love the leaves on Lailani. They all have such beautiful leaves. I take it you're happy with the soil mix?

How satisfying to get them into bloom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm very happy with the soil mix. I will let the results speak for themselves :)

- - -

I'm less happy with the plant training and shapes, As I dial in the planting, lighting, watering andsoil amendment patterns, I expect my plant care to improve,

- - -

I love the SWICK and soil results in late veg (and presumably in flower.)

I'm still working on a plan for early veg. I'd like to go SWICK.
Pot choices seem to be: one gallon fabric, one gallon plastic, or full LOS ten gallon fabric.

Ten gallon from seed gets crowded in space and short on light very quickly.

I'm leaning towards one gallon fabric pots. Maybe the velcro closure GeoPots. I might have to wait until a harvest.

Ok, it's decided. I'll try to SWICK seedlings and clones with plastic pots and go fabric if the plastic pots don't SWICK well.

Looking very good Rad. I hope you get ladies across the board.
I would work my way up in pot size at least to a 4" and maybe 6" depending on the final pot size.

Looking very good Rad. I hope you get ladies across the board.
I would work my way up in pot size at least to a 4" and maybe 6" depending on the final pot size.

Final pot size is 16" (10 gallon.)

I need to be in that pot size as soon as the girls start craving fertilizer, as it is the soil food web in the 16" pots that does the feeding. There is some fertility in the compost(30%,) but I am not doing any direct fertilizing.

A one gallon pot is about 6" diameter. This a more convenient size for training and sharing light than a 60 lb,10 gallon pot.

One of these days I'm going to weigh one of my 7 gallon no-tills. I'm pretty sure they're coming in well over 40 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom