Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Awhile back I showed you a young cross I made with Betty. She is closing in on harvest in about a week. Will try and reveg her for clones, ended up with a 7 week phenotype with that much frost. I'd like to grow one much bigger or a dozen budsicles would work too.

Not as nice as your girls, but packed with potential.

Peace

That's a nice cross Ganja!
Thanks! I can't take all of the credit though. Started with solid genetics, I just pollinate and pray.. lol. Even if the bud is iffy, this cultivar should make some potent bubble hash.

Can't wait for a smoke report.
I will be sure to do one for this pheno. Often I slack off on doing reports for my "custom" genetics. They tend to be very limited seed runs and mostly never leave my house. I have about 30 seeds left of this cross from two different TTB seed mothers.

I have a couple crosses I want to do this summer.
I'm pollinating Zam x Pan, Zam x Malawi, and Columbian Gold with Trailer Trash Betty over the summer. First I have to make a few hundred Harlequin seeds though. Busy busy.

Looking great Ganjagrower. Smoking your own hybrid is going to be way cool.

Always interested in anything Pennywise is going to do with the 91 Chem. It tells a lot when great strains of the past are still on top of grow lists. Lots of breeders are coming with new strains made from pre 2000 genetics. Mostly because they can't make strains as good to work with. In lots of ways breeding isn't breeding anymore. Everything else is changing I guess breeding must do it too.

I am taking my first baby steps into the Chem world right now. My Chemdawg is doing pretty good so far. Lots of trichomes but the buds are not as big and dence as I would like. Kind of fluffy as of now but there is lots of time. Its cousin Alpha Dawg is totally amazing so I know I need to look further into it.

All this has a lot to do with why I am quitting chasing all the new strains. I know where they come from and how they were made. I have all the great plants I will ever need. I just need to grow them out and find the ones I like the most. Without testing to show me any difference. I have the best weed in the world right now. It is all I have so it is the best I can get my hands on LMAO.

What's really funny as the strains I grow get better. I second guess them even more. What I have right now may not be the strongest I have ever grown. The quality of high is as good as I have ever had. I have grown stronger weed that I didn't enjoy as much as some of these. The less than perfect plants still get you plenty high it is just boring. Life must be pretty tough when you classify weed that gets you high as boring.

Not much going on in my world these days. Wait and watch is the plan of the day. Still small bad spots on some of the plants. Nothing I would need to try and solve. Everything is so far into flower now it is hard to add much. Whatever goes in needs to go out before harvest. Most plants are showing at least a few red hairs. I know things are getting close.

The Killer Queen and the Cinderella 99 will be the first to finish up as expected. They still have a week or 2 at this time. I am going to take Cinderella longer than I did before to see what happens.

The Cinderella 99 that got moved to the seed tent is going to be the first to finish. This tent has a 400 watt HPS on a 11/13 light schedule so things are going a little faster in it. I am only 2 days from my harvest date for the seed tent. It has been 5 weeks since I pulled the male out. The Cinderella was the last one pollinated so I may bring it one more week to be sure any seeds can finish.

I am not seeing any more seeds yet. Just the one on top of a Headband plant. It is turning brown and looks to be finishing fine so it might just be viable. The fact that there is one gives me lots of hope there will be more. Any seeds will be feminized and keepers so I hope for lots. I know I only saw a seed or 2 on the plants I painted regular pollen on. Some of those buds were just full of seeds. I will be totally surprised to see none or very few.

The timing was perfect I think. The reversed plant was opening flowers the whole time the clones were flowering. Last time I reversed a plant. Most of the pollen seemed to come late. This time the reversed plant damn near died of old age before I pulled it out. If at any time that plant put out pollen there females surrounding it to catch it. I HOPE LMAO.

One thing for sure this time. Seeds will be feminized. Last grow I made a bunch of seeds. Some from regular pollen then later with only feminized pollen. I got seeds from both. The fact that I had the true male alive at one time makes me question the feminize seeds I got the first run. Seeds are seeds so it is no big deal. The male pollen and me being a little sloppy has given me a couple more hybrids that I didn't plan. That is a win in both situations. As the plants with seeds are very good phenos. I know I am real interested to see what happened with the Tangilope x Jacks Cleaner 2 I am only going to have 5 to 10 by the time I get done. Plenty enough to find a great plant if things go well. I just think this could be a very interesting sativa.

Sounds like a interesting sativa for sure. I'm not having much luck with the lemon skunks again. Maybe the seeds are just not viable. I do have couple Tangieland's above ground and looking good. Tangie x candyland. Might be interesting

With killing in mind. I trimmed the Basic 99 clone last night. It was in the seed tent. I didn't see anything resembling a seed anywhere. Doesn't mean they are not there. Normally I would have found at least one. So the seed crop is back up and questionable again. SHIT!

The one seed I found on the Headband clone finished up nice and brown. It even has has cute little black stripes on it now. Looks viable to me. I brushed the plant and lost it for a while. It took some searching on the tent floor to find it. I can always hope I find at least a few more seeds in all these plants. I only need a few.

One thing I did do right with them. I got them pollinated early enough so I can harvest plants when they are ready. Everything is passed the 5 week time and still needs more time. SO if I don't get seeds I will be able to still use everything. With the upcoming move I am going to need plenty to last tell I can start again. Even seeded weed will come in handy.

A old friend is going to try the outdoor thing this year. I started 3 seeds for him. I have Critical 2.0 that has me really cuirous . I figured this was a good time to see what it is made of. There is a greenhouse present so time is not a issue like normal. Along with it are going to be a Auto Critical and a Sour Blueberry. Even with the greenhouse it is best to go with early finishing strains. With a new grower even with my help here and there I may just be wasting them but who knows. I didn't have the heart to give him cheap freebies.

Hope all is well today my friend, your girls look amazing!! The frost on your girls this go round is out of this world!

Here are a few pics of that Headband x TahoeOg lady. She may be all of 8in tall with some of the tightest node spacing ive had. I did top her and am stretching her out to the sides.
20190327_140333.jpg
20190327_140344.jpg
20190327_140423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom