They do look great until they get their haircuts. Then it takes a bit to grow into those haircuts again lol

It is a beauty of a specimen

They do look great until they get their haircuts. Then it takes a bit to grow into those haircuts again lol

It is a beauty of a specimen
Going to take me a bit to get through each of the plants but two of the girls did not give af about being topped. Perky as they were.

Update Ace Seeds #4

She is also growing very well. Not strange mutations just healthy fast growth.

Before topping.

After topping

Seems to be very good genetics so far , had some 9 fingered leaves already. Just beautiful.

Going to take me a bit to get through each of the plants but two of the girls did not give af about being topped. Perky as they were.
Love when they're like that and start showing lower growth the next day. I top way early, always seemed to be that way, guess I like to take control as soon as I can and manipulate with LST while nice and bendy.

Love when they're like that and start showing lower growth the next day. I top way early, always seemed to be that way, guess I like to take control as soon as I can and manipulate with LST while nice and bendy.
We will see how this round goes but the plants were between their 6th and 8th node. I wanted to see how they take to this coots mix.
These are my fastest and best growing plants yet. Might have something to do with experience at this point too.

We will see how this round goes but the plants were between their 6th and 8th node. I wanted to see how they take to this coots mix.
These are my fastest and best growing plants yet. Might have something to do with experience at this point too.
They certainly do have vigor in that soil, I was quite surprised when you said they were 17 and 21 days old. You seem to have environment dialed in much better than I though. I get some faster growth during summer when my basements RH rises. Sitting at 24% right now doesn't help.

They certainly do have vigor in that soil, I was quite surprised when you said they were 17 and 21 days old. You seem to have environment dialed in much better than I though. I get some faster growth during summer when my basements RH rises. Sitting at 24% right now doesn't help.
From listening to these KiS podcast there has been a theme. VPD is important. Hold around 1Kpa. It prevents disease and pests as well as increases growth rate. There has been some differing opinions on how far in flower to hold 1Kpa but that is about all the difference.

Also one of the guys said anything more than 550 ppfd and you need C02. I don’t really want to run c02 as I think the risk is greater than the reward and implementing a safe system is costly. I think I will be happier with lower power usage and cropping out every two months I don’t have the need for more cannabis.

I need to get another humidifier, since I jacked the veg tent one for the cure. I have the potential need for three. I have a line on one for fee maybe so that would be good. Then a couple humidity controllers and maybe a dehumidifier for the flower tent to help with dew point. Problem with running higher humidity in flower is lights out. Bah I’m rambling again but this will be good for me to go back over so I can stick to the plan.

No worries on the ramble, good info. And I jotted down where that info is here as well as the podcast name so I can go back to it.

The big thing here is I'm not in grow tents, I'd imagine it would be much easier to control that way. Where my room is larger, 10x12, and my only air intake is whatever my basement happens to be sitting, I don't have a lot of option I don't think. At least not at the moment with HID lighting, I need air exchange to keep the heat out.

I'd imagine if I get situated with some new style led's and a fogger unit I could keep my air exchange at a minimum and possibly achieve this. Most humidifiers I've tried do next to nothing.

:hmmmm: I think there's one of those here that Mrs D had for the kids. I might have to sneak it downstairs and try it out :idea:

I've tried a fan and wick style humidifier as well as the little room sized ultrasonic ones, doesn't help much. And I have to run RO water in them or I get those white stains on everything from tap water, so it could get costly trying to battle it. Long winters here, usually November til March.

Nevermind.. it appears to not work anymore. Doesn't do anything once plugged in

Yes a tent is much easier to control. The leds are not too hot and you can dim them to control heat to an extent. Obviously you do not want to sacrifice PPFD. The flower tent is going to be a larger challange than the veg tent because of higher power requirements is more heat. We will see if we can balance. RH and leaf temp and correct PPFD in the next flower cycle.

I'm going to try messing around with my room again and see what happens. Looks like that Vicks humidifier might work after all, just takes time to heat up? But I turned off my exhaust blower fan, and left my inline fan running for the 2 air cooled hoods and passively venting towards the blower fan, going to watch Temps as well. See what happens.

I did have 1 led panel but it was blurple, it started to crap out, I can maintain those Temps without my exhaust. Will see how this new spectrum x+ light fairs out for heat when it comes in.

Update Barny’s Farm Utopia Haze Day 27

Very good growth she is as happy as the previous two girls. Very perky and happy plant. First time using Barny’s Farm genetics and I must say I am really impressed. Purchased two seeds both popped and both look like great plants.

Update Canuk Seeds Afghani Regular

Looks pretty good , a little droopy not sure if that is the strain or what? Kind of hoping for a male. Growth seems good so maybe this kind of plant is just a bit floppy.

@InTheShed Yes, I found out with the help of Mrs D unfortunately. But she didn't say anything, she must be used to me taking household items for my room :laughtwo:

I'll keep an eye on it, not completely sealed. Drywall outside and black/white poly inside. 4 passive intakes, a door and a furnace blower (now turned off) for an exhaust. I don't think it will get out of control at 22% lol

Back
Top Bottom