Red balls

Cptncookd

420 Member
Has anybody seen this before, GDP early flower in a tent with 3 others and only sign is on this 1.

IMG_20220520_004317.jpg

IMG_20220520_004243.jpg

It will look like blood if you top/trim it. Grew some Dragonsblood Hashplant that was bred for that trait, shows up about 3/4 of the time as apparently was a recessive trait that the breeder got to be dominate on that one.

Copied small part from the breeders notes (Bodhi was breeder and an interesting read if you want to see if you can find online, I can't link it and all that stuff ;) ) as whole big post to it and can't link so I took a snippet of it):

ITS A NEW MALE, A MALE THAT BRINGS WITH IT A UNIQUE GENETIC MARKER. THE MALE AND ITS PROGENY BLEED A DARK RED/VIOLET HIGH BRIX SAP THAT RESEMBLES BLOOD, ALONG WITH A VERY DIFFERENT TERPENE SIGNATURE AND A BEAUTIFUL UPLIFTING HIGH. ORIGINALY I CALLED IT JUST BLOOD, BUT TO NOT CONFUSE PEOPLE WITH THE OLD HAWAIIAN SATIVA OF THE SAME NAME, I RENAMED THE LINE DRAGONS BLOOD AFTER THE DARK AROMATIC TREE SAP USED BY MAGIANS TO WARD OF NEGATIVE ENERGIES AND INFUSE THE WORK SPACE WITH POSITIVE VIBES. THE LINE IS BASED OFF A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL FROM THE PIPELINE HASHPLANT SEEDS, I SPROUTED ALL 23, AND ONE PLANT HAD THE RED TRAIT, I’M THINKING IT HAS HAWIIAN BLOOD ANCESTRY DEEP IN ITS GENETICS OR IT WAS CROSSED POLLINATED BY THE BLOOD.

He got it to around 75% of the time before he released it, there are a few crosses now as the breeder finds something he likes and uses it for other Strain combos, especially his hashplant :rofl: as lots of different ones with that parent and only a few so far with the dragonsblood even though it been out for years. Maybe the GDP has some of that hawaiian ancestry to it, you might try and clone it if you haven't already as it could be a rare keeper kind of pheno you might not see again.

It's sap, some strains produce whitish sap, other strains, that have a lot of anthocyanin will produce a red sap. Nothing to really worry about as long as the plant looks healthy and there's no obvious bug damage. I'll bet that one gets real purple come bud time. The only downside is that the sap will sometimes attract ants/bugs that will feed on it. Want to try and avoid that.

Back
Top Bottom