Red lines on the stems

The70’s

1656461287406.jpeg

1656461318459.jpeg

Here are two photos, one is just to show the plant thriving.
The other are the red lines in the stems. They are surely stressed by the recent branch tie down i did a few days ago, but when i see these red lines, i wonder ? My other PunchCake has the same lines. Theres dry amendment’s from a repot i did two weeks ago from 1.5qt to these 2.5gallon, so they got enough food, watering is done about every 36hrs no run off.
1656461776989.jpeg

Heres some numbers…

red lines generally means nothing. you'll see it more depending on pheno and if the plant gets a bit of a day/night temp swing.

1657102061513.png

Here is a recent pic, im further down this road, the stems are hard rigid and red, the leaves are lime green at best, little to no real growth…
I top dressed with worm castings and gaia green 444 all purpose 1Tbsp/gallon, its a 2.5gal pot i did 3Tbsp to be safe 7 days ago….watering after a moderate dry out or a light pot

Lites are 19” above the canopy and drawing 280watts, i know Lux conversations are a real “pill” and topic of controversy, my approx Par value is 520 with a Lux of 350x100x.015

Ok, first off im sorry for posting and not listening, it isnt right and im sorry, now i will explain.

I went to my GrowStore to get CalMag. The owner was like, you use dry amendments why the CalMag ? I showed him the pics of my lime tree and red stems. There were a bunch of people hanging around and passing my phone around. The consensus was my problem coukd be environment. So i explained everything, and when i got to temp and humidity they all went Ah Ha ! Your humidity is freaking 72% !!!!!!!! You are killing your plants!!!!!

So after a bunch of Omg’s and this and that, i was adviced to get it in the mid 50’s, not mid 70’s so here i am and again im sorry for asking for help and being a jerk and listening to the store people….
1657146679804.png

They also were interested in the settings back when the girls were green on green and happy ^ this is where i am now, they also said, between the humidity, LST, and topping, they need to be in a stable environment……so here is where its gonna stay.

And if in 7 days things dont improve i will be getting some liquid nutes.

I don't think it's calmag (at least not yet), the leaves don't turn lime green. It needs your basic NPK, lack of nitrogen is turning the leaves light green.

"If you look at your plant and you’re noticing that it’s pale all over, in addition to the red stems, that’s a sign your plant may simply need higher levels of nutrients overall. This is especially common if a plant has stayed in the same plant container for a long time without getting extra nutrients."

It's light stress, notice the main stem gets greener the further away from the lights you go and also the striping on the upper leaves. Either lower the intensity or raise your lights up.

Nice shaping and training for both plants. Impressive looking.

I top dressed last time i watered, so tonight a mite give em a half dose of 444 see what happens
Full dose works better than a half dose. If they are as light of a green color as they appear in msg #7 then @Phytoplankton's recommendation in msg #11 of "It needs your basic NPK, lack of nitrogen is turning the leaves light green.". A photo taken with the grow lights turned off and just the camera flash and some typical white room light should give a photo that is closer to the true colors.

I am not knocking the Gaia Green 444 All Purpose fertilizer that you have been using. The company has a decent reputation and they are respected in the gardening world. However, now it is time to move up to a fertilizer mix that is directed towards the plants you are actively growing.

If they were my plants I would give them a full dose (none of that half dose theory stuff) of a mild Nitrogen; maybe something like a liquid fish with a 3 to 5 percent Nitrogen ASAP. If the soil mix is very damp then wait a day or two but do it as soon as you can. I am partial to fish, the 'magic' natural source of nutrients and minerals for plants, but it is possible to find a mild Nitrogen product that is not fish based with a bit of looking. What you find might not be considered "organic" but it will be naturally derived from rock minerals, etc.

After that start the switch over to a Cannabis/Marijuana specific fertilizer program. There are a lot of good ones available.

I went to my GrowStore to get CalMag. The owner was like, you use dry amendments why the CalMag ? I showed him the pics of my lime tree and red stems. There were a bunch of people hanging around and passing my phone around. The consensus was my problem coukd be environment. So i explained everything, and when i got to temp and humidity they all went Ah Ha ! Your humidity is freaking 72% !!!!!!!! You are killing your plants!!!!!

So after a bunch of Omg’s and this and that, i was adviced to get it in the mid 50’s, not mid 70’s so here i am and again im sorry for asking for help and being a jerk and listening to the store people….

They also were interested in the settings back when the girls were green on green and happy ^ this is where i am now, they also said, between the humidity, LST, and topping, they need to be in a stable environment……so here is where its gonna stay.
I would not knock the "grow store". Ya, the bunch of people might have been passing your phone around but remember that that is all you had to show them. Aren't the photos they saw the same ones we are seeing here?

And, also important to consider is that the people in the grow store are giving you their opinions based on what they saw on your phone, just like the people here are going to be giving you their opinions based on what they see on their computer monitor or on their phone (for those who access the internet on a phone).

I went to my GrowStore to get CalMag. The owner was like, you use dry amendments why the CalMag ?
OK, I gotta admit that this comment by the owner was strange but your answer should have been that the Gaia Green 444 does not have enough Cal-Mag in it, if it has any. Then remind him or her that there are many companies that produce Marijuana specific fertilizers and soil amendments that are 'dry' calcium-magnesium.

Speaking of 'dry amendments' it should be possible to find a fertilizing program that is entirely dry and can be applied as a top dressing instead of having to mix with water and then applied.

At this point i have much greater control over the temp and humidity now that my second inline fan is hooked up.

Looks like my temps are stable between 75° and 79°. I have crazy control over the humidity now, basically anything between 43% (my basement average) and higher if needed. They seem happy where they are at. They feel nice and light in weight so a good watering will continue to feed them from the recent top dressings.

The red stems are fading slowly

****im learning that stress, damage, happen rather quickly, and recovery takes more time****

Back
Top Bottom