RetiredRN Gorilla Glue, Northern Lights 2021 First Time Grower

Hey @Emilya . Well, I think my cheap ph meter is crap. I hope I just haven’t killed my girls today when I fed them and watered. If my ph meter was right, the fox farm nutrients lower the ph of the water considerably requiring ph up to an acceptable level. Is this true? I ph adjusted my water then fed my girls and then did the weekly calibration on my meter and found it was way off. It was showing my plain water at 7.68 instead of 7.2. I have no idea what the ph of the water I fed my girls was now. I’m jus gonna cry if I kill them. I’m going to order a better meter tomorrow but thats not helping me now. So does the fox farm nutrients require ph adjustment after you mix them or is my meter just the absolute crap.
yes, nutes are very acidic and adding the correct amount of the nutes can drive the pH down into the 4's! PH up is required to bring it back up to 6.3. When you are dealing with plain water, this is where the pH down comes in. You are not going to kill your girls by having the pH a little off one time... all that would happen is that the nutes would not be as available to the plant as they could have been.

yes, nutes are very acidic and adding the correct amount of the nutes can drive the pH down into the 4's! PH up is required to bring it back up to 6.3. When you are dealing with plain water, this is where the pH down comes in. You are not going to kill your girls by having the pH a little off one time... all that would happen is that the nutes would not be as available to the plant as they could have been.
Ok thanks so much. I will post a new picture in a few days and mean time let you know if anything bad happens so we can save my girls.

Hey @Emilya . Heres some pictures of my girls after being fed and watered yesterday with an unknown ph of my water. I have brown spots again and some yellowing. So far its only my gorilla glue auto here thats 52 days old today.

22C15187-25F3-4AD3-A355-97D917EB5FFF.jpeg

AAA5FF08-0142-4C29-9438-4B77C35361BF.jpeg

37239EB6-ACBA-4A67-88EA-471AC872172F.jpeg

Hello!

I gotta ask: RN as in Royal Navy or Registered Nurse?

Welcome to the forum!
Registered nurse/ also retired paramedic which was my first profession. I harped for years that those patients would have been easier to take care of if we gave them all a joint before start of shift.......

Looks like the good people here are helping you out. Welcome aboard!

Friend of mines auto got up to 6grams per gallon of megacrop last summer. Thing was a pig and got absolutely massive.
I did not advise against a proper VPD range... I just said it isn't critical.
It is SOOOO dry in my house, and when it gets as cold as it has been I cannot run the humidifier too high or the windows get condensation. The plants are around 15RH somtimes. I have even cloned when it is this dry with great success (although with aqua cloning they are getting moister from the stems constantly. I have noticed the plants are much happier when its humid though, I can feel it in the air when they are happy. My room feels like a jungle.

Friend of mines auto got up to 6grams per gallon of megacrop last summer. Thing was a pig and got absolutely massive.

It is SOOOO dry in my house, and when it gets as cold as it has been I cannot run the humidifier too high or the windows get condensation. The plants are around 15RH somtimes. I have even cloned when it is this dry with great success (although with aqua cloning they are getting moister from the stems constantly. I have noticed the plants are much happier when its humid though, I can feel it in the air when they are happy. My room feels like a jungle.
I’m hoping for way more than 6 grams a gallon. I’m in 3 gallon fabric pots. My grow room is like a jungle too! I run a humidifier right at my intake of my tent. Were in winter here but I suspect a dehumidifier may be needed for my next grow as I will be into summer. I keep my RH at 44-45% and temp 68-70 degrees. My lights are 20/4.

I have learned that during the wintertime in my new house, with the attic grow rooms having no insulation between them and the metal roof, I have a problem. When I raise humidity and temperature upstairs and it is much colder outside it can actually rain inside my grow area! Well, maybe not clouds and lightning and all that, but I get condensation above my ceiling because of the difference in temperatures and the high humidity from the grow rooms and enough water is collected, especially on watering days, that it drips from the ceiling in various places around the attic. Luckily there is a bit of a slant to the room up there, or I would be very worried about drips falling down into my lights, and it turns out that just by sheer luck I located all the lights on the high side of the room. This problem will go away when the warmer temperatures return, but before next winter I need to blow some insulation in between the peak of that metal roof and the interior ceiling or this little problem is likely to cause some real damage to my house.

Absolutley, a little problem can turn into a much bigger deal. Much cheaper to get your attic insolated, might even save you on heating and cooling.
it will be a snap... cut a few holes and rent one of those blow in insulation machines... an ounce of prevention that will be well worth the minimal time and expense to fix. Ignoring the problem could have profound consequences, so we are going to avoid that as best we can.

Its a lot better problem than I thought I had... there for a bit I was thinking that my roof was leaking!

it will be a snap... cut a few holes and rent one of those blow in insulation machines... an ounce of prevention that will be well worth the minimal time and expense to fix. Ignoring the problem could have profound consequences, so we are going to avoid that as best we can.

Its a lot better problem than I thought I had... there for a bit I was thinking that my roof was leaking!
Hey Emilya
Hope life’s good
I have learned that during the wintertime in my new house, with the attic grow rooms having no insulation between them and the metal roof, I have a problem. When I raise humidity and temperature upstairs and it is much colder outside it can actually rain inside my grow area! Well, maybe not clouds and lightning and all that, but I get condensation above my ceiling because of the difference in temperatures and the high humidity from the grow rooms and enough water is collected, especially on watering days, that it drips from the ceiling in various places around the attic. Luckily there is a bit of a slant to the room up there, or I would be very worried about drips falling down into my lights, and it turns out that just by sheer luck I located all the lights on the high side of the room. This problem will go away when the warmer temperatures return, but before next winter I need to blow some insulation in between the peak of that metal roof and the interior ceiling or this little problem is likely to cause some real damage to my house.
hey Emilya
Hope your well
Similar prob in my attic space.. only the water build up is between the insulation and the roof tiles... real bad for the timber rafters up there.. I’ve got a couple extra RVK fans circulating the air at the min.. seems to of helped and stopped the dripping onto ceiling below.
Your right about getting it fixed ASAP, Anything to do with water ingress/build up in the attic space is only going to create other problems. A few quid (£)spent early on, could save you a fortune. :)
I’m not going to get up there and have a proper look at mine till the weather picks up..just hoping it’s not a leak.
Stay well
Peace an love an all that

Registered nurse/ also retired paramedic which was my first profession. I harped for years that those patients would have been easier to take care of if we gave them all a joint before start of shift.......
Hey man
Hats off and a big hug to you from the UK.
Stay well

No offence meant @RetiredRN :)
Still a big hats off, an a hug from me..
peace an love
Hugs to you too! No offense taken. I’m not too sure theres that many female growers anyway.

Batting low average in here. lol I usually stick with gender neutral words when I don't know. And Im not even all up on that kind of woke culture, just from being on the internet and not knowing by handles who you might be talking to.
Hey @Reave
No clue what woke culture is?
Siting in my loft bored out my head.. been locked down most of the year.
I shall keep that in mind for the future.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom