Rockets First Grow - Euforia - 600W HPS - 4x4

TheRocket

after debating for a while i've decided to give it a go!!

prob a bit premature in setting a journal up but yesterday i ordered the equipment.

4ft x 4ft tent
600W HPS light
2 cooling fans
5'' inline fan with carbon filter

once setup ill post some pics :)

this is my first grow and as much as id like to do coco and perlite im gonna stick with a soil grow to gain experience.
the plants are most likely to be blue cheese and will be getting 4 rooted clones from a friend.
soil used will be canna terra professional. by using a proper grow soil im hoping in the long run it will help me run into less problems.

600watts of HPS will light the grow room but whilst in veg i have opted to run a MH to help with the plants stretching and hoping for the to grow bushier. light cycle will be 18/6, may change to higher lighting hours as its an outdoor garage grow so temps depending, the bulk of the lighting will be over night hours due to temp drops its gonna help keep the temp right but also means i can keep the lights off during the warmest hours of the day.

Pot size will end up prob be 11litres in the last transplanting where the plants will flower.
The plan is to take it easy but as ive got some support who will watch over the grow ill be doing this my self with limited support but hoping to top as well as scrogg training!

veg time will be 5 weeks hopefully depending what size the plants grow lol....

watering - still undecided if i should water smaller amounts but water everyday or water larger amounts less frequent, im heading more towards the first option. i have bought a soil moisture tester just so im not over watering as ive read this is a common issue with new growers.

soil-moisture-meter-eartheasy.jpg

Nutrients - gonna have a chat to the bloke im getting clones from and see what the plants have responded well to but also research the best ones for the soil im using.

Well let me be the first to say welcome to :420: . You have joined a great source of knowledge that will guide you through your first grow if neeeed.

Sounds like a great setup. Basically the same setup that I have. :thumb: I will say about the watering that I would go with option 2. I am on my first grow as well and watered less more frequently and lost 6 girls due to it. Now I water less often but a water to runoff and they are thriving. I have a moisture meter like the picture you posted and I use it as a guideline. I let them tell me when to water.

About the training...I did some topping, LST, and I just put a SCROG in there and it is awesome.

As for pot size...I have 7 gallon (11 L) pots now and almost wish I did 5 gallon. A rule of thumb is 1 gallon for every month they are alive.

So welcome and we shall be looking forward to your grow!

Hey nismo, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Appriciate you sharing your problem with the water, ive read the link in your signature and really helped, not in a rush to get growing.
Trying to research a lot first and make it smooth as possible and that has Deffo helped!
Had a read of your blog and once I get a sec I'll subscribe :)

Thanks mate

Not a problem man. The entire reason for us new growers to have a journal in my opinion is to get as much help from the veterans as we can. We don't know everything and neither do they, but what we lack in experience someone on here will have the knowledge and they are not afraid to lend a hand. This is a great community.

Awesome stuff :)
Hopefully once I'm up and running more people will get involved with my journal!

Sent the tent up today, that was fun cause there was literally just enough head room... Mental torture getting it up lol..
Once I've got the filter etc on I'll put a pic up of the set up.
Just waiting on a few more bits coming before I can collect my clones

Got back from a few days fishing and managed to get my tent sorted today.. Happy with how it's looking :)

The ph pen, soil moisture tester, temp/humidity meter have arrived...
Just a matter of sorting some pots and soil out now ready for the clones coming in a week or 2 time

Another fan is needed as the one I have doesn't have a rotating head on it

image8919.jpeg

image8923.jpeg

image8927.jpeg

image8928.jpeg

Well the girls have arrived! And wow there huge....

Look slightly stretched and need to be put in bigger pots, there still damp so didn't need to water them today

Light is about 100cm above the plants at the minute just don't want to shock them to much, should I lower it, 30cm a day? Til it's about 40-50cm away? Also what's best way to bush them out?

Sorry for questions just didn't expect the girls to be so big so I've jumped a head of my self a bit lol

image9168.jpeg

image9167.jpeg

Hi Rocket! Welcome to 420 community!
You have a very nice set-up there :) I can't answer light question, since I am using LED lights, but yeah, go lower everyday, untill you see the plants to thrive ;} I think if you want to have bushy plants, you have to top them and maybe even LST them. I hope you workout those issues. Im a very little to no help, but maybe I will take you on the right track.

Here is a picture of my topped plant. :)
imgp3965.jpg

Ok I'll go with topping then, when I re-pot them tomorrow I'll cut them them a bit then, may change my mind depending how the plants are cause there stems are looking fairly purple, prob cause they been stuck in a box for a while today

Put them into 10litre pots yesterday.

Canna coca with canna clay pebbles on the bottom to allow better drainage and a handful of the top to stop the soil pulling away from the sides.

Temps seem decent at 78of, humidity slightly low at 38% not to worried as the plants seem to be happy.
They had 1.5 litres of water with half strength nutes.
Didn't bother with topping, may not bother with them due to go into flower in 2 weeks time, possibly may use the pony tail technec to get better growth on the bottom, there's a lot of growth on the top nodes hence why I don't really wanna top.
I'll try get some pics shortly before lights out

Few photos of the girls, sorry not the best pics.. There a bit droppy today cause they were fed before coming to come and 2 days later I had to feed them when I transplanted them to their new pots...
Some yellow spots on the leafs of second photo at the bottom but I believe it's where he's misted them with the lights on? Seems to be getting better and not any worse? If anyone has an input id be greatful :)

I'll try get some photos with the camera in a couple of days as the iPhone doesn't seem to like the MH

Light have been moved down to about 50cm about the plant now so hopefully see some good growth soon

image9278.jpeg

image9279.jpeg

image9280.jpeg

Thanks for changing the title :)

Not much to report but getting some decent growth now, they have been going through some LST last few days and seems to be really helping. Haven't really got photos to compare to but I can notice a difference

(Temp dropped as tent was open)

image9424.jpeg

Struggling with temps on a night, so having to use a small heater to keep them at 18oc but just for safety I've ordered a temp controller, only cost £6! Needs wiring up your self but I've used this one before on my marine tank, it's simple enough.. And means I can add extra air intakes/out takes and they will only turn on at temps I set cause this unit has a cooling function and also a heat, the probe can be kept level with the canapoy to keep it all sweet

image9423.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry forgot about this! Had that much on lol

Grow is still alive and there a week into flower.. Growth is lovely, was advised to skirt them so cut down the lower leaves so the plant can use more energy on the buds :)
Just got back from 2 days away and plants are showing slight signs of calcium deficency, but just dosed some mag/cal

Been feeding with an EC of around 1.2 (canna a & b, cannazym, and boost), with a ph of 5.8, dosed with some liquid oxygen.

I'll grab some pics later on once they wake up

Back
Top Bottom