Round 2-4140w LED-6x12 Monster SCROG-Hydro Recirculating System-PK-Chernobyl-Berrybom

Re: Round 2-4140w led-6x12 monster scrog-hydro recirculating system-pk-chernobyl-berr

Sweet Journal so far Jon705!! We have been very busy with school and our last crop was not good... :( but the Jack Herer is doing way better this round!! It is crazy what happens when you decide to check your pH ;)

This is our first time cloning and we are using i think its called peat moss pellets. You poor water on them and they grow and expand. The first time we did it about 15 clones wilted and died and only 2 are going strong. So we we re-cloned again. How long do you have the dome on for? We have a heating mat underneath. How do you do make your clones? Maybe you can do a video on this to show us girls :) Thanks Jon705!!

Re: Round 2-4140w led-6x12 monster scrog-hydro recirculating system-pk-chernobyl-berr

Sweet Journal so far Jon705!! We have been very busy with school and our last crop was not good... :( but the Jack Herer is doing way better this round!! It is crazy what happens when you decide to check your pH ;)

This is our first time cloning and we are using i think its called peat moss pellets. You poor water on them and they grow and expand. The first time we did it about 15 clones wilted and died and only 2 are going strong. So we we re-cloned again. How long do you have the dome on for? We have a heating mat underneath. How do you do make your clones? Maybe you can do a video on this to show us girls :) Thanks Jon705!!

I keep the dome on until roots start to show on most of my clones. One thing you may want to look at is the temp of the bottom of the tray with the heating mat. Sometimes you need to add space so the temp doesn't get too high and cook your clones. I keep mine between 70 and 75 and as humid as possible. Just ma 2 cents

lol...it might look that way but those monsers in my other journal were trained the exact same way bro...a month from now everyone of those plants in the table will have 15 to 20 main tops all at the same level,they will be around 8-10 inches tall and 12-14 inches across the top.Its a really good way to grow much bigger plants and keep them low until your ready to flower them.

Well I've seen how awesome your grows are, so if it's good for you m8 it's good for me. How tall would you say the plant needs to be before you first do this. Mine is 4 inches tall right now.

I cant do a video right now because my new mothers arent much bigger than clones right now. ok I set my heating mat at 80 degrees and once you see roots on most of them turn it off for a few days.I use jiffy pellets, pretty much the same thing you have just different brand. make sure they are fully saturared. take your cuttings at a 45 degree angle and emedietly put them in a cup of water. personally I cut them bigger than they need to be and make the final cut when im ready to plant them.if you do it this way make sure to put them back in the water for a minute or so.when your ready to plant them take one out of the water at a time shake of the water and dip them in the hormone( I use liquid stim root from walmart 3$) for a few seconds and then insert it into the pellet give it a little sqeeze to get rid of exess water and into the dome. make sure you leave the vents on the top of the dome open a bit so they get some air exchange.when you plant them in they're first pots you might need to put a ziplock bag over the cup or pot for a couple of days until they get used to they're new enviroment.so keep an eye on them for the first couple of hours,if they are going to wilt you will see signs of it in the first hour,dont panic lol...just cover them with the bags and they will bounce right back.after a couple of days take a bag off one of them and check it in an hour or so if theres no droop your good to go:)

ps: I mist the dome and the clones once a day,until they root they take in water from the leaves,dont soak them though just a light misting.

Well I've seen how awesome your grows are, so if it's good for you m8 it's good for me. How tall would you say the plant needs to be before you first do this. Mine is 4 inches tall right now.
I start training them pretty much as soon as I see new healthy growth. bend them at a 45 degree angle carefully some strains are more brittle than others and then secure it however you like( i prefer paper clips or the wire im using now from dollarrama). then let them grow a few inches and bend them down again following the shape of the pot. make sure you take your clones alot earlier than usual,this style of training will add a month or so to your veg cycle depending on how big you want them. defoliation is up to you but I suggest everytime you do a new bend remove the fan leave that is now covering the new growth, you'll see what I mean once you do it,this will expose the new growth.i ll be doing an update here everytime I do a new bend or defoliation:)

YO YO YO jon! So do you top/fim or UBT your clones? I have a new idea for tieing down the clones. I'll try both and post them in my journal and see which ones work better. HEY, I need a purple kush clone!!!
hey bro glad your here my man:) I ll get a clone in the mail asap lmao! I do strait up lst training until they have around 15 tops or so then top all of those tops which gives me around 30 tops then I let them grow 3-5 inches and top them all again and so on until I get the desired amount of tops to fill the squares. you arent using a screen right? so it just depends how many tops you want in the end bro. I would'nt suggest this style of training with a sativa dom strain with no screen though,unless you plan on tying the colas up once they put weight on but im pretty sure the pk I have for example would be fine with no support at all.

forgot to mention that Jack Herer is not the easiest strain to grow,I know your patients want it but maybe look for a hybrid(tga have alot of strains crossed with it, Jacks cleaner is the only one i can think of off the top of my head but theres lots of them and they are all probably easier to grow and alot faster finishing the pure Jack Herer if I remember right most of them are 8-9 week strains.

Unleash the beast for sure. Lol DAMN SON. :bravo: u know I'm subbed for this ill load first

Thanks man. Looking forward to the show.

im here man nice to see the next round is getting ready!!!!!

UPDATE
temp 78 degrees
rh 50%
ppm's 700
base nutes 80%
h2o2 1.5mpg
sns 209 2 mpg

I decided to built the cover for the table, I had a role of ice and water shield left over from my roof and i didnt want to spend any money on this table because I wont be using it in the new space.It actually works really well and reflects the light. Some of the girls needed to be tied down again heres a few pics.
IMAG043211.jpg

this chernobyl is a little pale but I just did a res change and up the nutes a bit so I think she'll be fine
IMAG043312.jpg

IMAG043711.jpg

IMAG04388.jpg

IMAG043912.jpg

IMAG04406.jpg

IMAG04417.jpg

IMAG04428.jpg

IMAG04439.jpg

this is gonna be a nice one
IMAG04447.jpg

IMAG04457.jpg

IMAG04469.jpg

IMAG04479.jpg

IMAG04488.jpg

IMAG04508.jpg

I can already see the gnats dont like the sns 209 so they're coming out of the hydroton and landing on the girls thats when I nail em with Safer End All.I ll get them all eventually:)
IMAG04499.jpg

thats about it for now hope you like the pics:)

I always like your growing Jon, hope to be able to do similar things one day. Got my equipment and am getting ready to install it, bummer is having to buy wire and trench a ditch etc... It's a lot of the right kind of hard work

Back
Top Bottom