Monster Cropped White Widow - SCROG - Hydro - 2015

Well tonight was the night, the ladies got a nice flush with ro water. The buckets were cleaned with a mild bleach solution, and then just ro water was added, the buckets were phd to 5.8.

Mini Bertha whose branch is so heavy its fallen over and has had to be tied up, well I had to untie her to change the water and flush her, and gladly all was done with no breakage. She was retied after she got new water and shes happy and healthy.

All of the ladies buds are nice and frosty. They are also fat! all the branches are being pulled down. The trichomes are more milky everyday and I am starting to see a hint of amber, not enough to be even 1% but over the next week as they use up their stored nutrients and over a slow dry and cure that percentage should rise.

Here are the pics,

20151128_185350.jpg

20151128_185407.jpg

20151128_185420.jpg

These pics are of the inner most buds that get no light, not the colas

20151128_200304.jpg

20151128_200316.jpg

20151128_200331.jpg

20151128_200406.jpg

20151128_200433.jpg

20151128_200448.jpg

20151128_205910.jpg

I have a little trick that flushes the plant in around 3 to 5 days. Thankfully because of where I live it's very dry, and hang drying my buds even still on the stem, they are dry in only a few days. It never takes a full week for the bud to dry.

Last night after checking on the buds making sure they were dry ro go into jars, and they were right where I like them for jarring. So I snipped the buds off each branch, after cutting off all the buds I weighed it out. The total weight is 57 grams dry weight. Now I may lose another gram or 2 in overall weight over the next 4 weeks of curing.

On a side note, I took a fee of the buds and ground them up and used my vaporizer, the high hits you right in the face with your first inhale, a nice cerebral high very euphoric, then a nice relaxation over the whole body. After about 10 minutes my fingers and hands started to go numb as the pain was completely washed away out of my hands. So if it's hitting like that now, I can't wait until the cure is finished. There really was no hay smell or taste. I also could not taste any chemicals, there was no crackling weed or chemical smells. And the ash was mostly white.

This is off one of the smallest plants. So 50+ grams isn't too bad. But I'm excited to see what the others bring

Tomorrow night will be chop down night for the rest of the plants. expecting around 2oz from the other small plant, and between 3.5-4.5oz per plant on the bigger 2 plants. This weekend I will also be using my Magical Butter Machine to make some tincture on Saturday. I will be using 2 cups of everlcear and 1oz of the white widow that was jarred up yesterday. I set the machine to 160F and then set it for 8 hours, it gives a stronger tincture. It only recommends 4 hours, but if you want it stronger you have to dilute it down even more, I just figured running it twice as long achieves the same goal. Last run with the same recipe I got 13floz of end product.

Thanks for that simple recipe sciguy. Congratulations on your future & present harvest. I stay to the shadows but wanted to thank you.

Well tonight is the night, chop time for the remaining 3 ladies in the tent. Then after they are done drying I will be packing up the grow tent for a few months, gotta make room for the rotating garden. The next journal will be with that monster up and running. I have already received it I just have yet to put it together and I also want to customize it a bit before it starts its first run of plants. Looking to start that journal in the beginning of February.

I will post some pics either late tonight or tomorrow sometime when I am done.

Congratulations sciguy on a great harvest. :bravo:

Please post a link here to your new journal in Feb. :thanks:

Alright everything is dry and jarred, the total dry weight for the plants came out to be 316 grams, or 11.147oz

Not a bad harvest, but it could be better

.68 grams per watt, I am getting closer to my goal of 1 gram per watt in a personal grow. next time I wont use the CO2 for as long and I will not feed so much nitrogen and potassium during flower, maybe next time around if I miss those obstacles I will get 1gram per watt.

.68 grams per watt was figured using total dry weight divided by actual watts. so in my case, it was 316/460 which equals .68.

I am still doing some tweaking on the rotating garden, but will have it up and running the second week of January, I am still sorting out which strains I'm going to grow in the damn thing, but I already have the seeds its just deciding which ones to grow first so its not like I am waiting to order them or anything.

I will be making some tincture as soon as the amber glass dropper bottles come in the mail, no point in making the tincture if I cant store it. So that's on the to do list this week, I am already sitting on multiple orders for them so got to get them done sooner rather than later.

Today after weighing everything out and jarring everything up, I took down the lights and the fan and filter, and then the tent. Took longer taking the thing down than it did putting it together. It feels weird packing it up, like I'm boxing up my best friend.

Well that's about it, I will update later when I make tinctures and with a smoke report.

Looking forward to it sciguy, great harvest.

Thank you for your journal and your knowledge sciguy!!!

Back
Top Bottom