Monster Cropped White Widow - SCROG - Hydro - 2015

2 1/2 to 3 weeks until flush. I only flush my plants for 5 days if they are growing via dwc. They are usually done in 4. All I use is pure ro water and my ppm meter. Every day I change the bucket water during flush. Here's my reasoning behind it. When you flush plants they Leech unneeded nutrients back into the water. Now by doing that they add those nutrients back into the water solution making them available for uptake later on, like a fly regurgitating it's last meal to ear it again.

Obviously this does not sound very tasty for the plants or for me. To me, by letting the nutes stay in the water is just like a feeding and that's the exact opposite of the point of doing a flush. If you change the water everyday then you are taking away those nutrients ts and truly flushing the plant. Doing it this way the plants usually done in 2 days, if I was feeding very heavy it can take up to a max of 4 days to finish the flush. I judge when it's done, by checking the ppm of each bucket every 5 to 6 hours. Your plant is still flushing if every time you check the ppm it gets higher. Once you check for about 18 hours with no change to ppm, your plant is finished. Takes a lot less than 2 weeks to do, doesn't stress your plant out for that long of a time period, it also allows you to take advantage of being able to grow with full strength nutes for longer allowing for a growth for bigger buds. Hope that answered the question bama, thanks fir stopping by, now it's time to go back to playing fallout 4.

Lol have fun with the game! :) It did answer the question. That is a very interesting observation about the flush. I will keep my eye on that. As I have 3 strains on a single res and I expect a staggered harvest i am not going to be able to get a flush done on the first one to finish probably. One of the things I did not consider in the beginning.

Yeah that's why I went individual buckets instead of a storage tub. I use the rub for cloning. I also hated the roots getting entangled with its neighbors and got tired of them fighting for space. Now they all have their own water and their own nutes and we'll I tried to give them plenty of space but they still tend to get crowded

20151110_214905.jpg
20151110_214918.jpg
20151110_214925.jpg
20151110_214940.jpg
20151110_214951.jpg
20151110_215002.jpg
20151110_215011.jpg
20151110_215026.jpg
Took some time off from fallout 4 to give the plants some water and take some pics for you guys. Here they are

2 1/2 to 3 weeks until flush. I only flush my plants for 5 days if they are growing via dwc. They are usually done in 4. All I use is pure ro water and my ppm meter. Every day I change the bucket water during flush. Here's my reasoning behind it. When you flush plants they Leech unneeded nutrients back into the water. Now by doing that they add those nutrients back into the water solution making them available for uptake later on, like a fly regurgitating it's last meal to ear it again.

Awesome tip... +rep
I'm going to give this a try when I do a final flush (assuming I get that far :) ).

Things are looking very nice in your tent; great work!

Lol have fun with the game! :) It did answer the question. That is a very interesting observation about the flush. I will keep my eye on that. As I have 3 strains on a single res and I expect a staggered harvest i am not going to be able to get a flush done on the first one to finish probably. One of the things I did not consider in the beginning.

Bama don't have you have your plants in individual buckets, but have a single recirculating system to feed them? If so couldn't you just drop the plant to flush in a bucket not hooked up to your system and flush / change the water daily? Just rambling off ideas as I understand your product can be less than optimal if you don't get in some final flush.

Sciguy, I learned an interesting fact about using co2 at greater then 750ppm, the plant prefers to take in co2 rather then use the nitrates from the nitrogen, but it can not stop taking in the nitrates, if they are present it will assimilate them, but if it is getting its needs from co2 then it stores the nitrates rather then storing sugar and may affect taste and quality.

Bama don't have you have your plants in individual buckets, but have a single recirculating system to feed them? If so couldn't you just drop the plant to flush in a bucket not hooked up to your system and flush / change the water daily? Just rambling off ideas as I understand your product can be less than optimal if you don't get in some final flush.
the other thing you could do is have a separate res with just flushing water, and unhook the nute res hook up the flush res, when your done hook the nute res up and unhook the flush res it would only require 1 more pump if your using ebb and flow

The tent smells bad so does the grow room. It smells like minty weed with a mix of a few other smells I can't quite tell what they are but the room smells good. Makes me more anxious for harvest.

I went ahead and removed the CO2 bag out of the tent. That could have been what was causing the burn, oh well lesson learned.

The ladies even though burned a little, still haven't shown any signs of slowed growth so that's a good thing. I am still looking at harvesting around the first week of December

It's a touchy issue, I've had success with it though the last few runs. Basically it boils down to humidity and temps. If you have very low humidity and high temps during the light on, the plant perspire. Some part in all this makes the plant more frosty. But if your humidity is 40% or higher it won't do much difference. But in a hot dry place like where I live, it's a perfect environment, I just had to get the CO2 bag out of the tent, since it raises the humidity so high.

In a few days I should really start seeing the plants become more frosty, and continue even more as I lower the lights. How the process works with the plant itself, I have no idea. I just know it works under very dry conditions

Thanks for the info...

I've also heard of people doing the last 24hrs of flower with lights-off (then chop) and also running with very low humidity (dehumidifier) the last 2 weeks of flower... I was thinking to try them both. Any comments you have on these topics are appreciated.

I put my plants into 48hrs of total darkness before the chop. If you try it, you will see why I do it. Calyxes swell up nicely in those 2 days.

Tomorrow night will be when I change the nutrients. Looks like I have a couple more weeks left of flower and then it'll be time for harvest. My harvest window begins December 2nd so I will be checking trichs message daily at that point. Big bertha may need to be harvested in stages to get the best yield but I will cross that bridge when I get there. I will post pics later tonight

Back
Top Bottom