Monster Cropped White Widow - SCROG - Hydro - 2015

Oh Linux for enterprises is growing. The DOD and govt are using it as well in some instances for servers or server managers. Especially for virtualizing machines. And yes, I also install them and support them, and train them, and curse them. :) lol IMO there are much easier ways of managing a network and monitoring it as well, and yes I am talking about windows.

I did not mean to get off track and start a random conversation on someone else's journal. Sorry Sciguy. Looks good in there.

Cogreen I did not mean anything disparaging about Linux. Your girls look nice as well :)

Meh; sounds like a matter of opinion to me. As you stated Linux is dominating the cloud / app / enterprise segments. Winblows continues to appeal to the "average joe/jane user". Yes there are easier ways to monitor + manage + etc... It's called virtualization (as you stated) / software defined data center at which point the OS becomes a black box from a management plane perspective (unless you have to dig into the guest to debug) anyway. But as you said, let's not go on a tangent with this topic; suffice to say if I could -rep you I probably would... lol

sciguy
Looking grand in there! Nice approach to use video rather than pics!

any advice on how to make the video take up the whole frame? I tried holding my phone vertically and horizontally but it didn't change how the screen was.

I like doing the video updates instead of trying to take all unblurry pics. It makes it a lot easier and goes a lot faster. I will try to do them everyday and upload them. I will also try to take pics of the buds, since I cant zoom in on them to show them off. So those will be the only pics I will be taking on video upload days.

I also wanted to start toying around with the video since I am expecting my rotating garden in a couple weeks. I want to take video of that thing and show it in action once I get it and get it set up and running. That system will not be using LED lights. It uses ballasts and bulbs. I ordered the 300 plant unit, which has a spot for 2 bulbs and you put your ballasts on the wall or just away from the unit itself. The only thing that goes onto the unit itself are the lights. I plan on using 2 1000w bulbs during each stage connected to 2 1000w ballasts that can use both MH and HPS bulbs. During veg I will use MH and during flower I will use HPS. Or atleast that's the plan. With this unit, it does not go inside a grow tent, its too damn big unless you had a giant grow tent. So general bugs may become a problem during grows later on since it wont be in a sealed up tent but just in a second room.

I have no idea what to expect from that machine, it was a big investment and if I can get my money back on the first time using it, than I will be a very happy man. Which brings me to my next dilemma, what to grow inside the rotating garden? I have some seeds I have bred, but then again I also have a bookfull of autoflower seeds I should probably use up. I have around 260 auto flower seeds that I have collected over the last year or so either as freebies with seed orders, or I ordered a 10 pack and only tried to grow 1 seed and left the rest. I have a few different strains, both indica, hybrid and sativa that I can grow. The issue that I am having is what will work best in that growing unit. Do I use my other regular photo seeds in the rotating garden or should I stick to small structured plants and go with autos to grow in the rotating garden? That is the question.

Sorry for discussing this now, even without the machine being here, but I need a plan of attack before it even arrives. I am actually leaning more toward using autoflowers in the rotating garden since I need to keep the size of the plants down. That pretty much knocks photos out of the question since they will grow too big.

Heres another pic of what it looks like so you can see the height from the plant buckets to the light so you guys can get a better idea of the height I have to work with. Its dimensions are 68" D x 62" W x 64" H.

This is the 120 plant model picture, but its the same distances from lights to plants in all models.

bonzai1.jpg

I am thinking of growing 200 auto flower strains, I have about 20 different strains or more that I can use. I just need to go through them and find out which ones grow shorter than the rest.

Does any of this sound like a good idea, or should I just use it to grow out clones for my commercial grow? I figured either way it would save me money and space. I could just keep really small mothers and continuously clone them and grow the clones till the root in the rotating garden. That way I will have a constant supply of plants, and mothers always ready to have clones taken. But I would really like to use this for a grow from seed to harvest to see what yield I could get off it.

Think about it 200 small auto flower plants growing under 2000w+ of MH and HPS lighting. All done hydroponically, ebb and flow system. with an average dry weight of each plant being optimistically 30 grams. This shouldn't be hard to achieve even under 1000w much less 2000w. So 200 plants x 30 grams per plant, 6000 grams, or a 13.22LBS harvest. Now obviously that's just a estimate, but autoflowers shouldn't be too hard to grow and get a decent yield off of them in the rotating garden. I do forsee that it will take some adjustment time to get use to and dial in but I truly think I can pull off some insane harvests with the garden if I can dial it all in correctly. I will also be using the exhale bags in the room the garden is going in. I'm thinking 4 bags should do it to increase the CO2 in the entire room, if 1 bag efficiently provides enough CO2 for a 4ft x4ft grow tent.

Again sorry for the ramble, any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated on the subject. trying to get a master plan together. I will upload another video tonight for a update, I am thinking of changing all the water out tonight instead of tomorrow. I will let everyone know later tonight what I end up doing. KEEP IT GREEN

Tonight I changed the bucket waters for all 4 plants. I took a couple pics of big bertha in the bathroom and also did a video update for you guys after everything was said and done and the plants rearranged. Hope you enjoy!

Here are the pics of Big Bertha,

20151027_213929.jpeg

20151027_214054.jpeg

20151027_214134.jpeg

Here is my video update,

[video=youtube;2FT-zRmX6kE]
[/video]

Each bucket received,

2 gallons of RO water
10ml of CALMAG
16ml of SWEET
15ml of FLORAMICRO
5ml of FLORAGRO
25ml of FLORABLOOM
5ml of LIQUID KOOLBLOOM
25ml of H2O2
PH UP to bring the buckets to 6.0

The ppm after adding CALMAG and SWEET was 494ppm. After adding the rest of the nutes is 1570ppm. a difference of 1076ppm. I don't count calmag and sweet into the ppms for my feeding, some people do that's why I post all the numbers. To me I am only feeding my plants 1076ppm of nutes is how I see it.

in the pics there are a couple burnt tips, but that problem was my own fault that was quickly corrected. She pretty much drank all her water overnight a few nights ago, so when I added more water I also added more calmag, sweet, and floramicro. I was a little high and put too much micro in. I had to flush and replace it all again with the right amounts.

Sorry for not updating last night, I decided to go out on the town with the wife instead of taking pics of the plants.

But tonight is a different story, I did another video update and took some pics of the plants.

I added about 1/2 a gallon of water into each bucket to help bring down the ppms in the buckets as the plants are starting to burn. I miscalculated the K and have been overfeeding for the last few days. I will check in a couple hours to see if they are showing any signs of improvement. The burn however does not seem to have affected the growth of the buds at all, they are all getting bigger and chunkier.

Here are the pics I took,

20151029_182955.jpg

20151029_182751.jpg

20151029_182833.jpg

20151029_182552.jpg

20151029_182602.jpg

20151029_182700.jpg

20151029_182730.jpg

20151029_182932.jpg

20151029_182441.jpg

20151029_182422.jpg

20151029_182453.jpg

Here is the video,

[video=youtube;eBxSldbtGqk]
[/video]

"any advice on how to make the video take up the whole frame? I tried holding my phone vertically and horizontally but it didn't change how the screen was." What do you have the video resolution set to?

"Again sorry for the ramble, any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated on the subject. trying to get a master plan together." that thing looks sick man rotating garden nice i have seen some pretty cool vertical gardens also. You have a good plan going once you collect the data on the strains to determine which will be best suited i dont think i would do 20 strains though i would do like 5 strains and get 40 plants per strain, this way you are getting more even bulk if your going to grow them, or if your going to use it as a mother station then as many strains as you can find 200 if you can ;-)

Looks like your cat is ready to "get some" in the pics above.. LOL
Things appear to be progressing well for you -- nice work!

Question -- what is that white stuff on the outside of your res buckets? Is that just over flowed / spilled nutes that dried up or do you have something magic going on there?

Cheers

No that's just calcium buildup from the tap water. Every time I clean the buckets I clean the inside with a bleach solution and I scrub the buckets with a dedicated sponge. After rinsing and getting the bucket ready for RO water, it leaves those calcium streaks from the tap water I use to clean the outside of the buckets. Its not like that inside the buckets though, just me personally, I don't care about it running on the side of the bucket since the inside of the bucket is what I'm concerned about. As long as that's clean I'm happy.

That rotating garden is huge, it says it can grow 300 plants, but the manufacturer only recommends putting in 75% of that if growing to maturity. I figured 200 plants grown to maturity, especially if they were all autoflowers, would have plenty of room to grow and achieve a nice yield per plant. I'm not looking to max out the yield on each plant with the machine but if a strain averages lets say 45g per plant, I think 25g per plant shouldn't be too hard, its not going to be easy either. but 200 plants at 25g per plant is 5000 grams. With the grow being nothing but autos and them growing faster I could get faster harvests. If I cant get it to turn out many harvestable plants then its destiny lies as the mother of all cloner machines. I could keep many different mothers, and the cuttings in the machine at the same time, and just switch to a flowering room when its time. Cant wait to finally receive and set the damn thing up!

Looks like your cat is ready to "get some" in the pics above.. LOL
Things appear to be progressing well for you -- nice work!

Question -- what is that white stuff on the outside of your res buckets? Is that just over flowed / spilled nutes that dried up or do you have something magic going on there?

Cheers

That cat is always ready to get some, shes a sneaky little punk too. She comes in the room all quiet and gets in the tent, I don't know shes in there until I move a plant to the side and see her staring back at me. She likes to lay under them using them as shade from the " sun " in the tent. ( she basks in the tent under the lights as if it were sunlight ) Then she likes to eat the leaves that hang over the buckets as a snack.

This is why I warn anyone with cats about their potential little pot monsters! She even has a bell around her neck so we can hear her, but the cat is a damn ninja and walks around in complete stealth even with a bell around her neck.

That cat is always ready to get some, shes a sneaky little punk too. She comes in the room all quiet and gets in the tent, I don't know shes in there until I move a plant to the side and see her staring back at me. She likes to lay under them using them as shade from the " sun " in the tent. ( she basks in the tent under the lights as if it were sunlight ) Then she likes to eat the leaves that hang over the buckets as a snack.

This is why I warn anyone with cats about their potential little pot monsters! She even has a bell around her neck so we can hear her, but the cat is a damn ninja and walks around in complete stealth even with a bell around her neck.

3 cats in my house and yes one is sooo curious he is always in the room with me.. loves the lights and one of my other cats wants to lick my fingers if I have touched any leaves... Agreed .. cannibus they love. I look in my tent alot and I m like shit spider mites... nope cat hair ;/

Get outta here cat!

FE

yeah that's why my cat gets brushed with a comb that has a little vacuum on it that sucks up the hair as I comb her. Its nice now not only does she not leave hair in my grow room but I also no longer have her hair all over my furniture. A $12 investment in that comb has saved me countless hours of vacuuming furniture and prying hairs off my plants.

Well looking in the tent today before the lights went out, I didn't like the way the plants were looking. They still look healthy but they don't look as happy as they use to, and I can see very slow browning on the edges, so tonight I will be doing another flush, and adding in a different mixture of nutrients.

I still think that the plant is slightly too much K for its current conditions. Last grow using the same formula I had 0 nute burn on the plants, this grow I am using the CO2 and I think that its affecting my mixture ratio for the plants. So I am having to adjust it to compensate for the addition of the CO2 into the tent. I forgot to take that into account when adding the CO2 into the tent. So I will be testing a different mixture tonight with a slightly lower dose of K in the mix. I will flush the root balls with RO water and the rockwool cube as well, clean the buckets with a bleach mix, clean and scrub the air hoses and air injection devices, then add into each bucket,

2 gallons RO water
13ml of FLORAMICRO
5ml of FLORAGRO
20ml of FLORABLOOM
5ml of LIQUID KOOLBLOOM
16ml of SWEET
10ml of CALMAG
30ml of H2O2

Hopefully that will bring it down to the right levels needed with the CO2 enrichment. I forgot that since the CO2 helps the plant deliver the nutrients and uptake the nutrients that I didn't need to feed so excessively as I was. So now I should be back on track. I will take plenty of pics and a video later tonight and post them. Stay tuned!

Have you considered using floranova its just one mix and then i add cal/mag+. I was using the floraseries but it was so much mixing this and that and i was looking for simplistic and effective, seems to be working well and i have a bag in my tent as well

It still is simple, it was my error not the nutrients or the plants, I was the dumbass that forgot to put in less nutrients. And the answer is simple, you flush the plant, and add in 85% of what you put in previously. If you know what signs your plants are showing you and you catch them early enough its very easy to bounce back from problems that can arise.

Back
Top Bottom