Monster Cropped White Widow - SCROG - Hydro - 2015

I love it when they first get their flowers and you see all those little hairs popping out everywhere. The smell is so pungent I had to replace the ONA gel container outside the grow room door. I keep it outside the grow room to trap the odor that comes out from the room under the door that way my house doesn't smell like weed. Granted with all that I smoke it probably smells like weed within 100ft of my house anyway.

The ladies are continuing to grow without a hitch, their flower production is a lot farther along than last grow. I'm attributing that to the use of CO2 this time around. I will admit that even though I cant keep the CO2 in the constant range that I want, the Exhale bag has kept producing enough CO2 to keep it in the 1000ppm range. For $30 for the bag and its suppose to last up to 6 months, this is looking so far like a good deal. Lets see how long it continues to keep the PPMs up, that will be the true determining factor. Just like a lot of other products, they may work great at first but they may not work that great for long.

I am still feeding a high ppm solution to the plants. 350ppm CALMAG and SWEET, and 1010ppm of base nutes and other supplements, bringing the total ppm to 1360. The plants are a healthy dark green with no signs of nute burn. I could actually bring the PPM up a little bit if I wanted, but I don't want to burn them, they look so pretty. So I will just keep to my usual feeding schedule. Since I am still in for another week or so of growth the hardest part right now is trying to keep them from growing over each other. Between Big Bertha and Mini Bertha, the tent would be full if I stretched out the branches. Those other 2 smaller ones are taking up valuable space. With no other tent and light set to put them under to flower seperately, I'm just going to have to grow them out and harvest what I can from them.

I am going to take an educated guess at what the yield will be from all 4 plants at the end of harvest. Assuming everything continues to go well with the plants and I don't run into any unexpected problems, fingers crossed, I am going to estimate around 4.5oz off each of the smaller plants, bringing those to 9oz, and 8.5oz off of Big bertha, and 6.5oz off of Mini Bertha, bringing a grand total of 24oz, or 1LBS 6oz. Last grow I took an educated guess at a harvest off of 1 white widow and an autoflower, I guessed 4oz, got 3.8oz. Hopefully this time I am just about as close, we will see.

Everyday now that I go into the tent I see new growth sites. What a wonderful surprise everyday, I truly feel like my plants are constantly trying to make me happy. It seems like every time I open the tent they have something new to give or show me, whether its how big their buds have gotten, or she puts off more of a pungent smell, to showing me more growth sites. And to think I use to use their roots as little punching bags when they were first rooting! Yes I said I use to punch the roots of my clones as they were rooting. I know it sounds funny, but try it one day and see what happens! They are little gluttons for punishment, those kinky little bastards.

But on to a more serious note, the growth of the plants may continue for another week or so, but I can definitely see that the growth rate has already slowed down tremendously. Instead of the plant growing the buds are growing more than the plant. I like that a lot! More hairs are coming out everyday, the buds themselves are almost doubling in size everyday. Hopefully that rate of growth in the buds continues all the way until harvest, if it does I will be a very happy man come harvest time.

That's about it for now until later on tonight when I take pics and upload them. KEEP IT GREEN!

Heres the nightly update with pics.

Tonight I just turned on the lights, added some water into each bucket, and took some pics. I will have better pics tomorrow but tonight but for tonight I'm too tired to be messing around with everything.

Here are the pics,

20151023_195809.jpg
20151023_195816.jpg
20151023_195829.jpg
20151023_195836.jpg
20151023_195843.jpg
20151023_195852.jpg

Very nice plants, it's getting stuffy in there Sci! :goodjob:

Do you think this kind of result would be possible starting from seed? Like with the same parameters that you used and maybe vegging for a little longer but without clonning twice from flower?

ideally you grow a mother from seed and then take clones from her, I dont think i would grow from seed every grow, just when i want a new mother

G00ch is right typically I only grow a mother from seed then clone the mother that way I don't have to use so many seeds, unless your breeding your own seeds, their fricken expensive after awhile.

But to answer Bamas question, yeah you could achieve the same result from seed, however it would require a lot of effort. You would have to veg it 2.5-3.5 months, and during that time you would have to FIM the plant multiple times, not top it, you will need those extra tops from fimming and fimming would incur less stress on the plants, and you would have to do some serious LST and supercropping. If you don't mind the extra long veg time and all the work involved then yeah you could achieve the same results under the same conditions. Or you could just grow a plant from seed, clone it during flower, harvest the mother and have the clones growing, then you can just top the clones 1 time, and do some minor tying down like I did with some mason line and screws drilled into the bucket. I think I have 12 screws around each bucket and I only used maybe 8 on each bucket or less. Not very time consuming at all and get the same results with a lot less work, you also don't have to keep a mother plant alive to take clones off of, just clone the clones every time, the more you do it the more monstrous the clones will grow out to be. To me it was easier this way and saved me money.

I am sure there are other ways to achieve the same results from seed, but I don't see any of them achieving those results in a timely manner or without a lot of work inside the grow area. Hope that answered your question Bama, and your girls and clones are looking good my friend!

The Video would not play sciguy. :oops:

I don't think it's you sciguy. I tried to watch a video on another site and the same error message came up.

Thank you to all who have seen the video update, and to those who couldn't I apologize. Here are some pics showing the plants last night before I took the video.

20151025_184325.jpg

20151025_184402.jpg

20151025_184415.jpg

20151025_184430.jpg

20151025_184458.jpg

Tonight I will do another video update and upload some bud pics of the plants. I think the reason why the video is not taking up the whole frame is due to how I was holding my phone when taking the video. So tonight I will be holding the phone a different way to try and get the whole shot in the frame.

For the most part the plants have grown pretty uniform in size and shape. It wasn't until I put the Exhale bag in that a couple tops shot up in growth. Now some of the plants look like they have little bud antennas coming off the top of them. Oh well I tried to keep it even the best I could, and atleast its not growing too crazy.

Everytime I look at Big Bertha I kick myself in the ass for not having another grow setup here that I can flower just her under. I look at the branches coming off of her, and just want to bend them down and tie them. But with such limited space in the grow tent I cant do that to her since she will be growing all over the other plants. I am wanting to open her up to really take advantage of all the bud sites she has that are covered by all the under growth that's a mess.

Last night I was taking her colas and branches and bending them out to the side opening her up for a few minutes to allow the light in, even if it was just for a short amount of time, any light has to be better than no light. I have been doing this almost everyday for the last 2 weeks. Pulling her branches to the sides and fully opening her up, that's when you can see how big bertha truly is, her size is kind of misleading just looking at the pictures, they really don't do her any justice at all. But just based on what I can see by opening her up, she could easily fill the entire 4ft x 4ft grow tent all to herself, I'm talking about taking the top of each main branch and bending them down as far as they will go and then tying them down to open the plant up exposing every bud site she has. I truly think she could be a 600-700gram plant on her own, if given the grow space, and that's why I'm kicking myself in the ass, I know I have a plant that can produce that easily if I were to give it the space, I just don't have the space so I know I wont yield close to what I know shes possible of.

I hope that made sense, I have yet to medicate today so i am typing this post while still in pain and my focus isn't completely here in the journal so I do apologize for that.

I mean I could just pull out a smaller plant to give big bertha more room to grow, but since I'm already a few weeks into flower, that would be a waste of money for all the nutes I used and plus even though I call them my small plants, they still are not that small, its just in comparison to the other plants. If I knew for sure how much yield I would lose by taking out the smaller plant, and how much yiled I would gain by having more room for big bertha, but at this point in time, I couldn't tell you so I am just going to stick with opening her up everynight for a few minutes to allow light through.

That's about it for an update so far, ill be back on tonight with the video upload and pics of the buds. KEEP IT GREEN!

Video works for me (Linux + Chrome)... and it's looking very nice in there!

Linux?!? :rofl: It is always a good laugh when I get to meet a Linux user. So few and there is always something funny about it. :)

rama actually many fortune 500 companies have switched to linux when microsoft stopped supporting xp, i know i installed it on their systems

Oh Linux for enterprises is growing. The DOD and govt are using it as well in some instances for servers or server managers. Especially for virtualizing machines. And yes, I also install them and support them, and train them, and curse them. :) lol IMO there are much easier ways of managing a network and monitoring it as well, and yes I am talking about windows.

I did not mean to get off track and start a random conversation on someone else's journal. Sorry Sciguy. Looks good in there.

Cogreen I did not mean anything disparaging about Linux. Your girls look nice as well :)

Tonight I have another video update for you guys, I was however highly medicated while doing the video, but its about the girls anyway.

[video=youtube;RiffTbYY7QI]
[/video]

Sorry for the quality of the video. I will more than likely be changing the bucket water tomorrow night. I had to add some water into Big Bertha and Mini Bertha tonight, almost a gallon each, so hopefully I will get around to changing their waters tomorrow night instead of Wednesday night. Since I added more water I also added more CALMAG and SWEET into the buckets. 2.5ml of CALMAG and 4ml of SWEET.

Back
Top Bottom