Scoooter's Green Crack DWC LED First Grow - 2017

Quick question. Do you guys do preventive spraying in your grows with neem or something else? Seems like a good course of action.

All I am using is a product call Home Defender made by Bayer I think...I spray it on the floor of the room and veg tent and also the perimeter around my room. If you don;t have bugs on the plants, no need to used something that is not needed...on that note, If you are working outside amongst other plants (garden mowing, spraying weeds) be sure to change and wash before you enter the tents, those little bugs or the round-up you are using will latch on to you and get a free ride to your plants!

All I am using is a product call Home Defender made by Bayer I think...I spray it on the floor of the room and veg tent and also the perimeter around my room. If you don;t have bugs on the plants, no need to used something that is not needed...on that note, If you are working outside amongst other plants (garden mowing, spraying weeds) be sure to change and wash before you enter the tents, those little bugs or the round-up you are using will latch on to you and get a free ride to your plants!

Good idea. I think I've seen that at the hardware store. I live in the woods so there's everything you can imagine when I step outside the door. I do try and keep the room clean and shoes off before going in. .

Quick question. Do you guys do preventive spraying in your grows with neem or something else? Seems like a good course of action.
I didn't, I got thrips, I will always do it now. Just organic stuff like Neem or DE. Neem oil spray is so cheap and easy to make yourself you literally need warm water neem oil and dish soap. 5ml neem/2.5ml soap/1L warm water. Then mix well. For about £0.20 per plant to treat, its not worth me even skipping it out lol.
Wish I'd done it from the start as I just had to spray my budding plants with neem. Not so great, but then I plan to wash them at harvest so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I didn't, I got thrips, I will always do it now. Just organic stuff like Neem or DE. Neem oil spray is so cheap and easy to make yourself you literally need warm water neem oil and dish soap. 5ml neem/2.5ml soap/1L warm water. Then mix well. For about £0.20 per plant to treat, its not worth me even skipping it out lol.
Wish I'd done it from the start as I just had to spray my budding plants with neem. Not so great, but then I plan to wash them at harvest so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Thanks. I've read many journals where people do it as preventive. What type of dish soap? Not sure if we have the same brands on this side of the pond.

Day 18
Ok so good news is there's been no additional spots since yesterday. :thumb: The spots that are there are turning a little brown but that's to be expected. The bottom second node is looking sad but I'll keep it until it fades out. I learned a ton about mites, mold and bugs with my little fire drill freak out last night though! LOL

Everything else seems good. They are sooo bushy! I need another couple inches before I can even think of doing LST. These seeds are from Crop King and they seem to be more indica then sativa like the Humboldt strain.

Music for them this evening Strunz & Farah

IMG_54059.JPG

IMG_54066.JPG

IMG_54079.JPG

Thanks. I've read many journals where people do it as preventive. What type of dish soap? Not sure if we have the same brands on this side of the pond.
No idea, I just grabbed what was by the kitchen sink. Think it might have been fairy?? Just any old liquid dish soap is golden. Its just used to get the oil into solution, it won't* affect your plants.

*ALWAYS test spray any new sprays on a small bit of your plant before going balls deep. The unfortunate thing here with neem is that it doesnt really keep too well once mixed so just make a tiny bit first to test then scale up and go for it a couple days later assuming its all clear.

Everything's looking great dude!
Good job.

Could you lift the coco plants up and put a big tray under the whole lot?

Yeah I could. They are sitting on on of those plastic shelving units broken down which make really nice tables and are cheap. Since they are full of holes I was almost thinking of making something underneath them to catch the runoff. The room is 8FT high so I have lots of height.

Yeah I could. They are sitting on on of those plastic shelving units broken down which make really nice tables and are cheap. Since they are full of holes I was almost thinking of making something underneath them to catch the runoff. The room is 8FT high so I have lots of height.
Sounds like it could be a plan.
I got a few trays for the floor of my tent 115cmx65cmx20cm from my local grow shop for like £10 each so I can't see it being too expensive for ya. That and a cheap little siphon pump and you'll be on cruise mode .

Day 19
Good vibes all around today!
Z7 came in and I added to my DWC as well as my Coco autoflowers. Everything grew a bunch. Nice! I tried a test and didn't add ice bottles for 24 hrs. High water temp is 71.1F I'm thinking with the Hydroguard and the Z7 that should be fine going forward. I'll watch when I add another light but there should be a full canopy by then as well.

That's about it for tonight! Thanks for checking in!

IMG_541214.JPG

IMG_54138.JPG

Look at this pile of nutes. How did it come to this? LOL

IMG_541110.JPG

Back
Top Bottom