Scoooter's Green Crack DWC LED First Grow - 2017

They are looking nice dude don't be nervous. You're doing a great job. Mine got seriously abused (like seriously, ripped out of soil at 4 inches tall and 12 days old, then blasted soil off roots with the shower and stuck it directly into hydroton with no support) and I only feed it half strength nutes because I'm cheap and want the bottle to last longer. Its doing great, you'd be amazed at what they seem to be able to handle.
Did the same with mine haha
420-magazine-mobile1139371060.jpg

Day 22

Picked up one of the gals to and accidentally pressed a tie down which broke a main top. Taped together but it was a clean break right at the node. Live and learn a valuable lesson on that one! GRRRR.. LOL

Was very hot here today. 82F with 100% humidity. Another week or two like that. Temps are ok but I'm going to install an air conditioner for the room tomorrow night. With two grow areas and multiple air inlets I figure cooling the outside room itself is better that trying to do each area.

Otherwise things are looking pretty good!

IMG_54206.JPG

Poor baby :(

IMG_54217.JPG

Pic from Day 10. Pretty good 12 days of growth I think!

IMG_53355.JPG

Day 22
Heat wave here. Mid 80's and 100%RH The rooms haven't gone over 80F. Humidity is around 65%. Water temps creep up to 72F then down to 68F after Ice. Got an AC running in the room the tent is in to see if that will reduce temps a bit. It's ok for now but when I add a 2nd light I know it will creep up. Trying to test this stuff ahead of time. Everything looks pretty good though. Tomorrow is water change. Bumping up the nutes a little from 585PPM to 650PPM (~.8EC to 1.0EC). It's my week 4 GH schedule which I will keep there until I flip them.

Peace!

IMG_542310.JPG

IMG_54245.JPG

Day 22

Picked up one of the gals to and accidentally pressed a tie down which broke a main top. Taped together but it was a clean break right at the node. Live and learn a valuable lesson on that one! GRRRR.. LOL

Was very hot here today. 82F with 100% humidity. Another week or two like that. Temps are ok but I'm going to install an air conditioner for the room tomorrow night. With two grow areas and multiple air inlets I figure cooling the outside room itself is better that trying to do each area.

Otherwise things are looking pretty good!

IMG_54206.JPG

Poor baby :(

IMG_54217.JPG

Pic from Day 10. Pretty good 12 days of growth I think!

IMG_53355.JPG
Same thing happened to me tight down the middle

No I'm not. I'll get some ArmorSi. It's pretty cheap. How much do you add per gallon? Their instructions range from 1/4tsp to 1tsp. You use for the whole grow or just the veg?

Thanks!

I am adding 1 ml per gallon, my nute line calls for it weekly until the second week of flower. The stuff I am using comes as a powder form and you mix the entire bag with 1 qt of RO water...I have enough for many grows!:laughtwo:

Day 23
Busy Day!. Changed water to week 4 nutes. 650PPM and cleaned everything. Already see a difference with the Z7. No film in buckets. Nice! My tent is a cheap $75 model from Wally world. It's light tight but barely any ports and one was right in a corner you unzip that I will need access to. That's where my air hoses run so I made a new port in back corner using a plastic coffee can. (100% Colombian at that!) Problem solved. Next was my heat issues. I dug out an old 5000btu air conditioner with manual knobs and Cut it right into the tent. lol Since you have to deal with the face, air intake and exhaust radiator getting correct air I lucked out on my tent position and the plastic wall of the grow area. Pics below. Running it on low off my Inkbird and dropped from 80F to 72F in a few minutes. Very happy! Especially when I add a 2nd light in there. It's a bit of a hack job but I think it's going to work. :)

OK Pics.....

Roots on all look good to me. Very stiff and bright white. The brown stuff in the bunch is gritty. 99.9% sure its the hydroton sloughing off and getting caught.
IMG_542710.JPG

Little growth spurt. all over the bucket edges now. Any specks you see are from when I turned on the AC and dust flew out. LMAO I yelled Noooo! but it did no good.
IMG_54329.JPG

My champ plant.
IMG_543810.JPG

AC inside. I cut 3 sides and used the flap folded under itself to direct the air down.

IMG_54306.JPG

Middle vents. These need to get at least room temp air to cool the compressor. The black plastic is 6mm thick I have as walls when partitioned the area. Drilled a hole in the bottom drain pan and bucket underneath. Will add a hose to top of a bucket lid to catch.

IMG_542912.JPG

Radiator venting to basement area so no hot air circulates back into room.

IMG_54317.JPG

Day 24

No big news. Things are cruising along. Great growth overnight. Did a little more light LST to open them up a bit. Per usual the PH after res change jumped to 6.7 and I knocked it down to 5.6. Might get a cheap air pump and stones and throw in the water that I make a day before. See if that raises the PH before I change. It will be a PITA under the scrog to adjust.

~Peace

FullSizeRender_56.jpg

IMG_544211.JPG

Day 24

No big news. Things are cruising along. Great growth overnight. Did a little more light LST to open them up a bit. Per usual the PH after res change jumped to 6.7 and I knocked it down to 5.6. Might get a cheap air pump and stones and throw in the water that I make a day before. See if that raises the PH before I change. It will be a PITA under the scrog to adjust.

I see a lot of others having the same PH issues you have after a res change, I never had that problem in my system...It would usually rise 0.1 or 0.2 hear the end of the week as the PPM's dropped. I don't know if its was because it was a recirculating system or if my nute line was more stable, how do your PPM's react when it rises like that? I would imagine they jump up a little when you PH the buckets back down.
I would think that your 4 inch stones should give you plenty of O2 in each bucket and you are running the same noisy pump I ran which puts out enough air, are you using RO water?

I see a lot of others having the same PH issues you have after a res change, I never had that problem in my system...It would usually rise 0.1 or 0.2 hear the end of the week as the PPM's dropped. I don't know if its was because it was a recirculating system or if my nute line was more stable, how do your PPM's react when it rises like that? I would imagine they jump up a little when you PH the buckets back down.
I would think that your 4 inch stones should give you plenty of O2 in each bucket and you are running the same noisy pump I ran which puts out enough air, are you using RO water?

My PPM only go up about 10ppm from the PH Down. It's usually about 3/4 tsp to bring it inline. Yeah my stones and that loud, hot pump put out some good bubbles. Not using RO water. My well water is 85 PPM which is pretty good. After adjusting back down today it will creep up about .1 per day now. They are starting to drink so will be topping off daily I think. Have to see what that does.

Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom