Scoooter's Green Crack DWC LED First Grow - 2017

I am using a couple of 8" airstone bars with a cheap $10.00 pump in my nutes for my coco gals, I mix up a 5 gal pail once a week and notice the PH will creep up 0.1 to 0.3 as the days and level drop, so maybe the O2 helps evaporate the stabilizer some or maybe I am not mixing it enough!:laughtwo:

Hmmm. I hadn't thought about pumping oxygen into my coco soup. I'm hand watering but getting the DO up sounds like a good idea! Thanks

Hey guys mind if I pull up a chair and watch? I'm pretty much right where you're at 24 days after born including strain the only thing that's much different is I'm growing hempy bucket. I grew DWC my first time. I didn't have a membership or register for 420 I'm usually on a roll it up for Grasscity Forum but increasingly this site looks good.

In a 4x4
5 Green Crack fem
1 Blue Dream reg
6 gorilla glue fem (but they are two weeks behind the others and I don't have room for everybody)
300w 6 3500k cobs (Timbergrowlights)
260w Quantum Board (horticulture lighting group)
300w side lighting (Releadro)

Canna Coco coir
Canna A and B
Dutchmaster silica
Recharge

420-magazine-mobile1801303224.jpg
420-magazine-mobile767429731.jpg
420-magazine-mobile514035359.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2141257874.jpg

The funny thing is I'm having the exact same experience as you with green crack being kind of stout. Even though I know I transplanted it lower. So I know what you're talking about.

The funny thing is I'm having the exact same experience as you with green crack being kind of stout. Even though I know I transplanted it lower. So I know what you're talking about.

Welcome! Great to have you on board. Let me know if you start a grow journal and we can compare as we go. Nice setup! Loving the lights. Jealous. Lol. I've got the King 1500 and will add another to get my par levels where they should be for flower. Yeah man. Short and bushy. I'm hoping they do the vertical growth soon enough to flip in a couple weeks. Scrog will be low. About 8" over I'm figuring. With 4 plants I only need to fill 2x2 each which should be easy.

Welcome! Great to have you on board. Let me know if you start a grow journal and we can compare as we go. Nice setup! Loving the lights. Jealous. Lol. I've got the King 1500 and will add another to get my par levels where they should be for flower. Yeah man. Short and bushy. I'm hoping they do the vertical growth soon enough to flip in a couple weeks. Scrog will be low. About 8" over I'm figuring. With 4 plants I only need to fill 2x2 each which should be easy.
Ur lights sure weren't cheap.
Are those custom built light setup u have there or am I just seeing shit. Looks VERY nice I must say. I share scooters jealousy. But in a good way.

Yeah sounds exactly like me and you are pretty close together as far as the tent size the strain and where there at age wise.

I kind of started one on the Grasscity but I think I would rather start one here. if you don't mind I'll check in and let you know how mine are doing if you let me know how yours are doing LOL

My green crack was short and bushy as heck, long before I started the LST

Hmm. Sounds unanimous. Now it becomes what your PPM is with your girls versus mine I'm at about 600 ppm's already and I noticed a little burning so I pulled back. The reason is because Canna AandB is definitely recommending a lot more.
40 mL of A, and 40 mL of B, per 10 L (2.5gal). Most to say pull back and yet my girls are starting to look deficient on something I ran hempy once before this one and same thing. At least with these new lighting systems you don't have to deal with that burple and taking pictures and trying to let others help you is almost impossible with those kind of lights.

Ur lights sure weren't cheap.

Are those custom built light setup u have there or am I just seeing shit. Looks VERY nice I must say. I share scooters jealousy. But in a good way.

Umm ty. Only been growing for a few years even know now I'm 44 and disabled worse than most. Haven't been able to turn my neck in 25 years put it that way. So being on disability I spend many hours a day learning but I moved from Los Angeles to a prohibition state eight years ago southern Illinois sucks. So its ruff being labeled a criminal even know the state says buy all you want which I already have many thousands of dollars. Sorry for hijacking your grow journal scooter (my dad used to be called that for many years). I'll check in with you and match strain issues

I definitely am having issues with Canna A and B (again). I like the stuff a lot but considering what it's asking for on the back of the bottle 40 mL for every 2 1/2 gallons of RO water, that seems pretty high. PH has been running steadily around 6.1.
Most guys I have come across recommend around 800ppm or 8 mL per gallon max. But this is the second run I've had with this nutrient mix and it seems that its definitely not enough by the looks of the leafs. and I keep having to foliar feed Cal mag seems to me that it's a magnesium deficiency and I should run higher then what i am (about 500ppm) but geez I would go through one bottle a month at that rate.

420-magazine-mobile832634315.jpg

Sure man chime in about your grow and ask questions. There's a few people in here that could help you out. I'm using the GH trio at about 1/2 strength now, Hydroguard at 75%, Z7 at full. Last 2 are for the DWC. Right around 685PPM (My water is ~85).

My side grow I report on every few days are auto's in CoCo though. Same nutes minus the hydroguard but add CalMAg. Week 4 from seed. Those nutes are at 1/2 strength now but were none first week, 1/4 week 2 & 3. I water 2 days of nutes and do a calmag/ph 25% runoff every third day. Auto's seem to be a bit grumpy about nutes at an early age.

I know most coco growers will probably tell you to "reset" the conditions in case of lockout which is what you could be seeing. Run at least a couple gallons of CalMAg/PH water through your pots until you have the PPM low then maybe drop your PPM to 500PPM? I don't see nutrient burn (which I've already done to mine lol) so it looks like a coco nute lockout. More won't help until you flush. Just my 2 cents as a noob grower.

Day 25
Ph was good today.. 5.8. All the ladies drank about 20oz of water and the PPM dropped from the 650PPM on Sunday to 580PPM. I take that as a good sign that PPM and water levels went down together. I don't have a PAR meter but according to the manufacturer specs they should be receiving about 475 at the distance from center which I've read is fine for veg at this stage. Only adding ice every 24hrs now that AC is in tent. Max temp at the 24 hr mark was 70.7.

The mandatory pics :)

IMG_544510.JPG

IMG_54467.JPG

The plant diagnosis chart states that a falling water level, a falling ppm and a steady ph is a good thing. "Hungry plant, raise EC. Very good situation to be in. Nute buffers are working and plant is taking a balance of nutrients." And they look the part too.....alright, alright, alright. Keep at it.

The plant diagnosis chart states that a falling water level, a falling ppm and a steady ph is a good thing. "Hungry plant, raise EC. Very good situation to be in. Nute buffers are working and plant is taking a balance of nutrients." And they look the part too.....alright, alright, alright. Keep at it.

Agreed

Sure man chime in about your grow and ask questions. There's a few people in here that could help you out. I'm using the GH trio at about 1/2 strength now, Hydroguard at 75%, Z7 at full. Last 2 are for the DWC. Right around 685PPM (My water is ~85).

My side grow I report on every few days are auto's in CoCo though. Same nutes minus the hydroguard but add CalMAg. Week 4 from seed. Those nutes are at 1/2 strength now but were none first week, 1/4 week 2 & 3. I water 2 days of nutes and do a calmag/ph 25% runoff every third day. Auto's seem to be a bit grumpy about nutes at an early age.

I know most coco growers will probably tell you to "reset" the conditions in case of lockout which is what you could be seeing. Run at least a couple gallons of CalMAg/PH water through your pots until you have the PPM low then maybe drop your PPM to 500PPM? I don't see nutrient burn (which I've already done to mine lol) so it looks like a coco nute lockout. More won't help until you flush. Just my 2 cents as a noob grower.

My PH is good. Seems im really under nuting it. I been running at 4 or 5 mls a gal when it calls for 40ml each a and b per 2.5 gal. Most guys say with cann a and b run 7ml a gal veg 10 ml flowering.

Day 25
Ph was good today.. 5.8. All the ladies drank about 20oz of water and the PPM dropped from the 650PPM on Sunday to 580PPM. I take that as a good sign that PPM and water levels went down together. I don't have a PAR meter but according to the manufacturer specs they should be receiving about 475 at the distance from center which I've read is fine for veg at this stage. Only adding ice every 24hrs now that AC is in tent. Max temp at the 24 hr mark was 70.7.

The mandatory pics :)

IMG_544510.JPG

IMG_54467.JPG
Here we go bro, they are starting to really take off now. You'll start wondering which of your nutes contains hidden steroids . I can't wait to see how much these grow in the next 2-3 weeks, they are going to get a lot bigger. Looking nice and healthy too, good work dude!

Day 26
Lowered the light from 26" to 24" Last night. Everything looks ok today. PH 5.8 added about 32oz to each. Adjusted the LST. They are looking good under that rain forest canopy. lol Another 6" Vertical growth (or nodal growth however you want to look at it) and I will start the scrog so I figure next weekend. They seem to like my week 4 veg nutes.

Peace :)

IMG_545510.JPG

Back
Top Bottom