Second Attempt At Indoor Grow With Boomslang

Hey squiggs. Yes they do send a sms but by the time I receive it I'm already at work and each town is on different times. So it's not always same times. The app is also not as reliable. My town info does not ipdate correctly. Its really crappy what we as south africans goes through each day with the loadshedding. I am currently looking into a strong inverter ups for the grow setup. I really hope she bounces back.
Inverter and batteries could be the way forward.
I did not know yous had such a thing in place. My heart goes out to you..
Especially if you can't plan ahead, hopefully you can figure something out with the lights..
She may just be confused for a while. It's amazing how resilient these plants can be..
Good luck mate. Keep us updated when you can..

Inverter and batteries could be the way forward.
I did not know yous had such a thing in place. My heart goes out to you..
Especially if you can't plan ahead, hopefully you can figure something out with the lights..
She may just be confused for a while. It's amazing how resilient these plants can be..
Good luck mate. Keep us updated when you can..
I have a back up plan in place for now. Got a few samsung strip led's with 3 diodes per strip on that is 1.5w. I will be using an small 360w ups and connect say 3 x strips to it to keep some sort of light on in the cabinet. I also have a 650w generator but can't run it in the evenings as I will have alot of angry neighbors because it is loud. Lol

Hey all!

Update time. Got bad news on the DP. She did not make it due to loadshedding. I have tried everything I could to save her but light is very important at this young age for them. I will get another DP seed and this time I will be more prepared for it.

The big buddha cheese just shot out from the last photo that was posted here. It got a bit of a stretch like a mofo. Lol. I have tied down the stretched branches to get more control over the growth and that the nodes can develop better. The nutes is still on 1 scoop per 5l water for the buddha.

The boomslang is doing really well and are dark green which means she is happy. I hve just one small concern about her. Some of her leaves on the tips are showing yellowing/copper colouring. I've read a bit about it and there is many factors that can cause this. I might have sligthly given her a bit more nutes than I should have and have reverted back to 1 scoop per 5l water and the light also has been moved up higher a bit to see if this won't rectify my mistakes. One needs to make mistakes to learn from it.

All in all they doing well and only time will see if I will be successful with this grow or not.

I am still working on the grow space but for now both plants has been moved to tje new space due to the cabinet starting to become small in space for both plants. This will also give me a chance to get the trelisnetting on to stretch those babies out from side to side.

Here are some pictures of the 2 babies:

IMG_20210619_135512.jpg

IMG_20210619_111022.jpg

IMG_20210619_111006.jpg

IMG_20210619_110959.jpg

IMG_20210611_172735.jpg

IMG_20210611_172728.jpg

IMG_20210611_172717.jpg

Hey guys. Just an end of the month, start to the new month update.

So we have been having heavy weather in South Africa and it is coooold!! Forcast show that we will have heavy weather till sunday.
Even though the weather is cold the two babies are doing fine. I have flipped the light cycle to flower on 30 June.

I will also be trying my hand at cloning the boomslang to have a consistent grow in the future that im planning for spring time outdoors. I kept her lower branches to make use of it for the clones.
I do not have pics to add to this but soon will have when some pistils are starting to show. Im really looking forward to this flower taken that my previous grow on the blueberry was an utter fail due to lighting.

Stay safe peeps and hit those bongs, blunts, pipes and dabs!

Hey guys been a while. I do apologize that i havent been so active lately. Work has been hectic here. We had cold weather sweeping in over the few past weeks.

So the big buddha cheese turned oit to be a male and i have pulled the plant. The boomslang is still going but at the rate shes producing pistils is at a snail pace. Suspect that the cold weather has to do with this. Nevertheless she is atleast in flower.

Not much happening. Still keeping to my water schedule with nutes. I try and not to disturb her so much.

Will see how she forms with in the next two weeks as our weather got a bit warmer now.

IMG_20210724_164016.jpg

IMG_20210724_163946.jpg

IMG_20210724_163913.jpg

Hey guys! Im baaack! Just want to apologise for not being active lately. Things were hectic for me and the wife. But not going to bother you guys with the boring stuff.

We have been having cold weather and our spring season just started. Should've warm up a bit already but just having ice cold winter weather still.

The boomslang baby is doing well. I have done a bit of light training on her, stretching the branches a bit wider for better light intake on all nodes.
Water schedule has been kept the same but the nutes have been upped and kept on the new amount.

I have also turned off my intake fans due to the cold. So just want keep a bot of heat inside and it seems that she is liking the warmth shes getting now. Fans will be turned on again when the weather heats up a bit.
Here with a few pics of the boomslang:

IMG_20210829_101530.jpg

IMG_20210829_101519.jpg

IMG_20210829_101510.jpg

IMG_20210829_100926.jpg

IMG_20210829_100913.jpg

IMG_20210829_100850.jpg

IMG_20210829_100557.jpg

IMG_20210829_100536.jpg

IMG_20210829_100527.jpg

IMG_20210829_100503.jpg

Hey guys. Small update.

The boomslang lady is doing well and damn she smells sweet when ever I open the garage. When I inspected the plant I was quite suprised with the crystal buildup on it. It is frosty white!

I have ordered another small focal light from a grower buddy of mine and it ahould arrive within this week. This light should help the burple with some better bud formation.

IMG-20210906-WA0000.jpg

Can I change my heading to the boomslang strain or is it something that only the admins can do?
Hi mate, its only admin that can do that,
Just use the report button and tell them what you want.. the team are really helpful
Everything is looking good though.:thumb:what's in the box

Hi mate, its only admin that can do that,
Just use the report button and tell them what you want.. the team are really helpful
Everything is looking good though.:thumb:what's in the box
Thanks mate! Appreciate the time and thanks for the positive feedback on this grow. Whats in the box is a small 60w focal growlight that I will be pairing with my burple light just so that my bud formation can get better.
Here is how it looks:

IMG-20210903-WA0019.jpg

Awesome looking lights mate.. have they got fans attached to them? And are they a white light?
Just never seen them before
Yeah they have fans on. Its sumsung diodes and there are 3 options on these. You get the 3000k warm white, 6000k cool white and then the burple spec. Its samsung diodes that is being used. Its a grower buddy of mine that started building lights to get into the market in south africa. I dont want to say too much that might break the rules here. He has been developing and testing grow lights since the covid story. I am quite impressed at what he has been developing so far and I can see that he is putting proper time in this. Here are a pic of the two that is on that he has been using for testing.

IMG-20210903-WA0022.jpg

Yeah they have fans on. Its sumsung diodes and there are 3 options on these. You get the 3000k warm white, 6000k cool white and then the burple spec. Its samsung diodes that is being used. Its a grower buddy of mine that started building lights to get into the market in south africa. I dont want to say too much that might break the rules here. He has been developing and testing grow lights since the covid story. I am quite impressed at what he has been developing so far and I can see that he is putting proper time in this. Here are a pic of the two that is on that he has been using for testing.

IMG-20210903-WA0022.jpg
Great little compact things.. you can see the difference between them.. more red in the warm white and more blue in the cool. Is it difficult for yous to get grow equipment where you are?

Great little compact things.. you can see the difference between them.. more red in the warm white and more blue in the cool. Is it difficult for yous to get grow equipment where you are?
It isnt really difficult to get grow equipment here but the pricing is expensive for us here. The pricing would be cheaper for foreign countries as their exchange rates are good against our exchange rate. He has good pricing on his lights and he wants to be an affordable competitor in our country as he knows that equipment here can get expensive. He also builds qb's and use all the best components that other well established manufacturers use. He has been helping me alot recently with my personal grow.

We also have importers of most of the sponsors that are on this forum. But I personally cant afford those lights in our market. My pay does not allow me

Wishing him the best of luck.
Most lights are unaffordable to a lot of us mate..so you are not alone. It is an expensive hobby we have chosen :laugh:
Looking forward to seeing them in action, keep us updated :thumb:
I will keep you updated on how these focals perform mate! Yeah its a expensive hobby we chose. Lol

Back
Top Bottom