Second Time Around

TinkerFarms

I am going to try and grow as close to organic as I can indoor.
SOIL is organic (not miracle grow).
LIGHTS right now I am using 2 lights equaling 4200 lumens. ( I know Ill need more)
NUTES None for as long as I can. When they do need NUTES, I am planning to use 100% organic if possible.

I decided to just germ my seeds (4) directly into the soil. All of them have germed, but only 2 have totally broke the shell and the embryo leaves are grown out.
I have been watering them about 4 times a day, 1-2 tablespoon's only.
I had the lights on during waking hours and when I went to bed I shut them off. Now that 2 are fully open I will have them on 24/7 for about 4 -5 weeks then move to 12/12.

Preying for lil girls!
11949281_877164832391227_9090445177799480687_n.jpg

UP DATE: I added a bit more soil as they are getting kinda tall.

I was planning on putting them into 1 gallon plastic pots? is that to big? when do you think I should transplant them?

Yes another UPDATE...
I added another CFL 1600 lumans. Now I have one that is 2200, 2000, 1600.
I also added tin foil around my whole box...
Is this a good start?

PHOTO UPDATE 09/03/15
CAM005861.jpg

OK THIS IS MY NEW BOX THAT I THROUGH TOGETHER.
CAM005871.jpg

THIS IS MY LIL GIRL NUMBER ONE 5 DAYS AFTER DROPING SEED IN SOIL
CAM005881.jpg

THIS IS MY LIL GIRL NUMBER 2 ALSO 5 DAYS AFTER DROPING SEED IN SOIL.
Not real sure why Plant number 1 already needed transplanting last night and number 2 still shows no sings of roots growing out yet..Hmm a mystery...
Hopefully Ill get some subscribes

Good evening, Tink! Congrats on those cute lil' babies! Fingers crossed for girlies!

Good evening to you MagicMediwana :welcome: to my journal! I hope you enjoy and if you have and suggestions do not be afraid to speak up...
Good evening, Tink! Congrats on those cute lil' babies! Fingers crossed for girlies!

I just wen ahead and transplanted both are now in bigger containers... How do they look?
CAM005921.jpg
CAM00593.jpg

Looking good, Tink! Did you go up to the 1 gallon size? I haven't used cfl's myself, but if they are getting stretchie and lanky and too tall I believe you can lower those bulbs closer to the babies. :goodjob:

Yes i already planted them into gallon containers. They seemed to slow down growing sense. is that normal?

Often they will slow a bit from the shock of being re-planted. Shouldn't last long! They"ll being trucking along in no time at all!

Hey,
good luck with ur lovely plants , they look great ..
as MagicMediwana said i suggest keeping the bulbs not morethan 3 inches away from the plans , just put the pots on some box if it's difficut to lower the lights
cheers :volcano-smiley: :cheer:

Thanks everyone for all the advise that is given here and for fallowing my grow.

Ok so Plant number on seems to be starting to pick up its growing today thank goodness the second serrated leaves are now very visible but still not grown out all the way. Plant number two seems to be a little behind number one for now but still a good color and is just starting to get its second set of serrated leaves.. Picture update coming soon!

JUST A LITTLE PHOTO UPDATE
09/04/15
CAM005942.jpg
plant 1
09/04/15
CAM00596.jpg
Plant 2 I am assuming that the color diff is because of the pots they are in cause they are in the same closet

High Tinker

They won't need repotting right away and you should water so all the soil is wet to the bottom. They are sending a tap root down longer than they are tall and are looking for water down there.

That soil should have some perlite or very coarse sand to break it up a bit. If it's pure dirt some peat moss to go with the perlite would be good for when you repot.

Some cones made out of tinfoil would aim more light down to the babies and help them grow too. Nothing fancy just wrap some around the base of the bulb(s) and shape it into a cone.

They are looking pretty healthy so far. :thumb:

L8r

So I should water them until the water comes out the bottom then right?
High Tinker

They won't need repotting right away and you should water so all the soil is wet to the bottom. They are sending a tap root down longer than they are tall and are looking for water down there.

That soil should have some perlite or very coarse sand to break it up a bit. If it's pure dirt some peat moss to go with the perlite would be good for when you repot.

Some cones made out of tinfoil would aim more light down to the babies and help them grow too. Nothing fancy just wrap some around the base of the bulb(s) and shape it into a cone.

They are looking pretty healthy so far. :thumb:

L8r

Yep. Make sure it's soaked thru and not just water running down the side. I have mine in a tray so it sits in the runoff for a bit to see if it sucks it back up. Then get rid of the extra after a half hour or so.

Then don't water again until the pot feels light and near dried out. Gets air into the pot for the roots.

Did you mix in some perlite?

L8r

Yep. Make sure it's soaked thru and not just water running down the side. I have mine in a tray so it sits in the runoff for a bit to see if it sucks it back up. Then get rid of the extra after a half hour or so.

Then don't water again until the pot feels light and near dried out. Gets air into the pot for the roots.

Did you mix in some perlite?

L8r

I havent yet got to the store but as soon as i do im getting it. Oh i thought you said do it when i transplant? ?

Back
Top Bottom