Second Times the Charm

Eyeless

k guys...i've started my second grow....gonna be in soil again... i bought a 400watt HPS with MH conversion....light should be coming in today if everything goes well.

I've started 2x White Mix - (White widow Vs. Northern Lights vs, Ak-47)(apparently)
and 1x "edna" as my local pot supplier calls it

i am now growing in my HRV room (air filtration) which is in the basement (only thing i'm not sure of yet is if the equipment is producing too much CO2 down there...like the generator effect)

This is during the 1st week
IMG_24541.jpg

2nd week (white mix on left edna on right)
IMG_24561.jpg

side profile
IMG_24591.jpg

here is the harvested plant with current incomplete setup...top is 400 watt light...with 2 4 foot standing flouro tubes...fan is right behind plant and power bar (400watt HPS to come etc.)

IMG_24512.jpg

anyways...
guys how long is it ok for young plants to be going through a 24 hour light cycle...? i need these plants to grow as quickly as possible and so i've had these bad boys...(well hopefully girls) under constant light for prob a bit over 2 weeks now...when should i stop this cycle???

Pls let me know
Also any advice on fertz and when to start plus initial concetrations you guys like would be appreciated.

let me know what you think

This is the plant i harvested... I put it back into Veg 18-6 but it didn't grow at all for over a week...then i threw it back into 12-12 and it started growing almost instantly....i don't know why ...but is this bad? as in should i have vegged her for much longer? She doesn't seem to be very happy now as her leaves are getting a bit brown and burnt almost...but it could be the light not sure

IMG_24601.jpg

Pls let me know if you guys have any experiences with re-vegging or flowering after harvesting

now time to blaze

for co2, you have to charge the whole room for that to work. as for that plant you already harvested, throw it back into 18-6, for like 1-2weeks, than go back into 24-0, put it back in veg. that would seem to me like the best idea? hey go look at torco555's regeneration string.
iam quite fond of alaska fish ferts, and superthrive, try some superthrive, sounds like your plant is stressed, the superthrive will help. use it alone.

24 hour light cycle is fine up till you switch to 12/12. I always run 24 hour veg. If they can take it and use it why not give it too them? Only time I would even suggest a less than 24 hour veg is if you are running a metal halide light. Those can benifit in how long they last from having some rest time. What I would suggest if you are running a mh and floros is to have the MH turn off for 4 hours a day and leave the floros on 24. Never tried it myself but I would think that the plants would do very well with that. Gives both the light and the plants a little bit of rest from the intense HO bulb and still keeps your plants absorbing light & nutes and growing.

Your reveg definitely needed more time in veg. You have to remember that when you harvested you put the plant in to quite a bit of shock. It can take a while for it to come out of that, but when it does it will grow very very fast because of it's pre-established root system.

:peace: NDW

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
24 hour light cycle is fine up till you switch to 12/12. I always run 24 hour veg. If they can take it and use it why not give it too them? Only time I would even suggest a less than 24 hour veg is if you are running a metal halide light. Those can benifit in how long they last from having some rest time. What I would suggest if you are running a mh and floros is to have the MH turn off for 4 hours a day and leave the floros on 24. Never tried it myself but I would think that the plants would do very well with that. Gives both the light and the plants a little bit of rest from the intense HO bulb and still keeps your plants absorbing light & nutes and growing.

Your reveg definitely needed more time in veg. You have to remember that when you harvested you put the plant in to quite a bit of shock. It can take a while for it to come out of that, but when it does it will grow very very fast because of it's pre-established root system.

:peace: NDW

do u think the 24-0 light cycle makes them grow better/quicker than 18/6 (with a rest night cycle)? i'm guessing you will say yes but still

aLso do you guys think i should throw the other plant back into veg even though it has started to produce flowers etc. again?

Yes it makes them grow faster.

And yes you should get it back to veg if you want to get much out of it. Try if you can to do it gracefully and like dank said increase it's hours gradually.

aight...will do....

i have the youngins on 24 light cycle and finally placed a proper fan in the area today...they seem to be growin quite quickly which is awesome!!!!

i decided i would give them a 6 hour dark period tonight after about 4-5 days of 24 hr. Do you guys ever do this... just seemed like a 6 hr dark period here and there could be a useful rest for them?....but maybe i'm just high from that homegrown lol

No NO NO. You don't want to change the light schedual around. Mixing up the light schedual can very easily turn your plant hermi. You don't want that. Just pick a light schedual set your timer for it and leave it be till you go to either preflower (18/6) or flower (12/12). You don't have to preflower and I usually don't, one of those up to you things. It's a little easier on the plants to give them that midway ground, but you're adding on to your total grow time. But no mixing up the schedual.

dankcloset said:
remember man, the more stress, the more % chance of your plants goin hermi

so do you think a 24 light cycle would produce more hermi's than a 18-6 cycle?? Seems like more stress that way

Anyways will upload some pics Now :Rasta:

k got some more pics...this is around day 17...they still growing nicely :allgood:

this is a scenic side view (edna and white mix)...trying to keep them short and bushy..
IMG_24841.jpg

This one is Jody...(white mix) looks like some side growth is starting (hopefully)
IMG_24861.jpg

This is my fav i call her Ali (edna...this plants has so many trichromes when flowering)
IMG_24771.jpg

This one is Kali (white mix)
IMG_24791.jpg

My 400 watt HPS came in today...but i missed delivery so apparently i have to wait until Monday to get the light... It should be coming with a MH conversion for vegging...You guys know anything about the conversion bulbs and how well they work?

let me know
Peace :Rasta:

k guys i got DHL to re-deliver the Light system today so i got it now :)

question...with a MH conversion bulb do you just place the bulb is in as normal? (don't want blow/buy any more bulbs any time soon)

because i ordered a MH conversion bulb for the HPS system but how do i know if my ballast can actually use the MH bulb?

As long as you got the same wattage and it's a conversion bulb and not just a regular mh, then you should be just fine. Make sure the bulb is completely clean with no fingerprints on it. Make bulb go boom! lol

New Setup Day 17

K here r some pics from day 17 when i installed my 400watt MH...and the new setup (it is covered now with mostly tin foil right around the top and sides...i know this isn't the best but i couldn't find mylar anywhere....)

IMG_24911.jpg

this is the Therm and hygrometer guages i bought...(i thought it was pretty sweet atleast)
IMG_24891.jpg

k now i'll upload Day 21 which is today under a new post just to make things easier

K it's day 21 now and the plants are remaining nice and compact...The temps are almost steady near 32-33 C humidity is normally between 45-35% Ph is right around 7.... let me know what you guys think about these conditions.....
also here some pics:

This is Jody (this one is the closest to the light and she is short but compact with some nice side growth starting:
IMG_24971.jpg

This one if Kali (she is the furthest from the main light)
IMG_24991.jpg

This is Ms Ali (in the middle)
IMG_25001.jpg

IMG_25051.jpg

side pic...looks like some side growth
IMG_25021.jpg

IMG_25011.jpg

let me know what you guys think :smokin:

looks great man!! if you're gonna top or fim you should do it soon... or now...

Back
Top Bottom