Secret Jardin tent vertical grow?

hydrogrow

I'm thinking about setting up a vertical grow in a Secret Jardin DR150 II grow tent. Its 60"x60"x80" which is a bit bigger than your average guest bathroom if you took out the sink, toilet, and shower. but I'm skeptical about a few things. first of all, it might seem big but after you take into account space for tubing and a light and cooling tower, your left with like 2-3 feet on each side for grow space. which brings me to my first question, how much horizontal room am i going to need for a vertical growroom? are the plants going to grow at an angle towards the light or straight up because of the reflective nature of the tent? i know indica and sativa strains grow to different heights but that's part of the question as well, will i have enough room for both or do i not have enough room at all? Is there a way to enter the flowering stage at an earlier point in vegetation such a the SOG/SCROG method to shorten the plant size. if anybody has any advice or experience with a vertical growroom of this size please help me out. ill try to post a sketch approximately to scale to show the idea i have in mind.

Re: Secret Jardin tent vertical grow??

I just got the same tent. It only holds 60 lbs, which has been a problem for me as my filter is 40 and my light is 35. It might not affect your vertical grow, but I wanted to share that info in case it mattered to you.

Re: Secret Jardin tent vertical grow??

thanks man, that might be a problem but i can work with it. ill either reinforce it or just hang a light and build something to hold a filter and fan. I actually answered most of my own questions with a TON of research but i still have a few. My biggest question now is how do people keep their plants that small? i mean i understand they usually just veg for a few weeks and then flower for 7-9 weeks and its done but what lights, nutes, etc. do some of you use for that

I'm thinking about setting up a vertical grow in a Secret Jardin DR150 II grow tent. Its 60"x60"x80" which is a bit bigger than your average guest bathroom if you took out the sink, toilet, and shower. but I'm skeptical about a few things. first of all, it might seem big but after you take into account space for tubing and a light and cooling tower, your left with like 2-3 feet on each side for grow space. which brings me to my first question, how much horizontal room am i going to need for a vertical growroom? are the plants going to grow at an angle towards the light or straight up because of the reflective nature of the tent? i know indica and sativa strains grow to different heights but that's part of the question as well, will i have enough room for both or do i not have enough room at all? Is there a way to enter the flowering stage at an earlier point in vegetation such a the SOG/SCROG method to shorten the plant size. if anybody has any advice or experience with a vertical growroom of this size please help me out. ill try to post a sketch approximately to scale to show the idea i have in mind.
Hey mate, My last grow was a near vert, it was only on a slight lean due to the crap setup i had at first, but i was able to grow her to 5ft tall from top of pot to her main cola.. I am able to move my light left/right/up/down so it helps with getting light down lower but i did have a rather shaded area i had to stick 2 hi output cfl's on a twin socket in the gap to give more light. Your plants should grow up, toward the strongest light source, the reflection just gives more light spread across ur girls, I mite suggest sum fluoro tubes in a thin reflector box,standing up lengthways, sorry forgot the right term for em, and place them on two opposite walls if that would help your setup, but how many plants do you intend putting in there?? I made a cfl grow box that had 5 cfl's- one on each wall with reflectors, and one up top i could raise or lower too that was surprisingly good,plants responded well nice short n bushy had two in there which i topped.. But i am usually a "ONE PLANT MAN", growing a 5-6 ft girl, keeping tabs on her aint so hard if theres a prob, its only one girl-no worries of it spreading or whateva, and i usually get a yield equal to my friends who grow 4-6 smaller plants flowering at 17 ..

Yeah man, I've seen some pretty awesome single or double plant grows from verts, check out Heath Robinson's critical mass. i think he did something like 76 ounces from 2 plants vegging for 6 or 8 weeks. but im thinking more along the lines of between 40-60 plants, just to keep a shorter turn over period. but yall got me leaning a little more towards the single grow. I like your idea of having the cfls on the walls. The light setup is so expensive though, since this is my first grow and i just came into college i dont have much startup money. I want to have the least ghetto setup possible so I'm thinking i might just build my own inside the tent cuz im pretty handy, plus i can save money to pay for lights and ballasts. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom