Seeking your wisdom - What strain are these and which week of flowering?

TanyaP

420 Member
Hi there fellow growers!

So though this is my first time, I can complete my own research for the most part, however I got these seeds from a friend, the strain is unknown, and I just got told if I get a purple one that’s really good!

Strain - after all of my research, I think one may be sativa dominant, one possible indica and one mixed. The possible indica this morning I noticed the tiny tiny buds that just popped look to be a deep purple, it’s hard to see and harder to catch on camera, however you may in these photos catch what I’m talking about.

Flowering week - I do have one plant that popped about a week after the others I included a photo and I can see it in the pistols especially.

The 2 more advanced I suspect just hit the beginning of week six, then placing the dark horse at 5.

If anyone can clearly see these strains, or how old they are or both I would be so so greatful! It’s an outdoor grow, but from looking back at photos I can see the 2 oldest entered pre flower or early flower on Feb 15th.

Thank you thank you thank you for any replies ❤️

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

nice job.
they are most likely all hybrids as that is the majority of what is grown now.

the leaf structure is leaning to sativa dominant, but they probably also have some indica. the differences between them will be minor genetic differences resulting in what we call phenos. same thing as different looking children in the same family.

as far as strain - good luck. no one can tell you what it is without knowing the strains it came from. you could spend a pile of money to send it in and get genetic testing, but there's no reason. try ask your friend if he remembers.

Thank you! I’ll look up phenos - I see what you mean they appear to be from the same family, but one is throwing more bright green, and one hints of purple, and the other a mash up.. I do have a very big love for colours so I’ll look into that to really bring out their natural colour they are throwing.

The science here is crazy, and it’s almost overwhelming for a first time grow learning all of these things, so constructive feedback is more than welcomed!

I have some learning experiences with overall plant girth, I may have over lolly popped and Schwartz or whatever it’s called and because of this I’m rather uncertain on the final yield, however it seems to be going well. The thing that most plays on my mind is that what week of flowering I am in given it’s outdoors, and my location is having quite a hot extended summer which I suspect may be delaying the stages slightly, and it’s a bloody dance outside, just one wrong move and it’s over!

Thank you for taking the time to respond it’s very much appreciated as the experienced eye can often see which a rookie like myself just can’t. I guess it takes time to process the science.

Happy Growing friend.

Hi there fellow growers!

So though this is my first time, I can complete my own research for the most part, however I got these seeds from a friend, the strain is unknown, and I just got told if I get a purple one that’s really good!

Strain - after all of my research, I think one may be sativa dominant, one possible indica and one mixed. The possible indica this morning I noticed the tiny tiny buds that just popped look to be a deep purple, it’s hard to see and harder to catch on camera, however you may in these photos catch what I’m talking about.

Flowering week - I do have one plant that popped about a week after the others I included a photo and I can see it in the pistols especially.

The 2 more advanced I suspect just hit the beginning of week six, then placing the dark horse at 5.

If anyone can clearly see these strains, or how old they are or both I would be so so greatful! It’s an outdoor grow, but from looking back at photos I can see the 2 oldest entered pre flower or early flower on Feb 15th.

Thank you thank you thank you for any replies ❤️

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Great garden.
Unfortunately it's impossible to tell the exact strain by looking at it.
It's probably a sativa dominant hybrid.
Pistils are fresh and white so I'd say you have a month to 6 weeks left before harvest.
Keep posting pics and we can help you finish properly.
Here is a link if you want to start a journal.

Happy Growing.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you Bill! I will certainly do that if you don’t mind in about a week.

Appreciate the assistance there with the timeline, and just idk I have to be a kid at heart I literally got so excited when you gave me a trophy 🏆 thank you! That’s so nice l have been obviously tending to these plant’s like newborn babies, and I know it’s an electronic trophy, but I absolutely lit up with joy when I saw that. I guess for me personally it was an acknowledgment of blood sweat and tears and that made my day.
From reading a huge amount of posts on this forum I can see a united love for growing, and a great weed community/support network it’s reallly wonderful.
thank you so much my friend, and happy growing

Thank you Bill! I will certainly do that if you don’t mind in about a week.

Appreciate the assistance there with the timeline, and just idk I have to be a kid at heart I literally got so excited when you gave me a trophy 🏆 thank you! That’s so nice l have been obviously tending to these plant’s like newborn babies, and I know it’s an electronic trophy, but I absolutely lit up with joy when I saw that. I guess for me personally it was an acknowledgment of blood sweat and tears and that made my day.
From reading a huge amount of posts on this forum I can see a united love for growing, and a great weed community/support network it’s reallly wonderful.
thank you so much my friend, and happy growing
So happy your enjoying your garden.
Anything you need at all just let me know.
If you tag me like this @Bill284 I get a notification right away.
I'm always available. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well the seeds are statives, not pure I guess, but the rest I can't tell. Most of the strains basically look alike and I can't smell it so...either way it's a good plant, I guess you can tell us when you taste it :)
Hey there - thank you for replying :) funny you mentioned so I have been sniffing my buds frequently, and I’ll try to be honest as I can here what I smelt I will start with the good lol

Good - pinneapple, pine, wood, perhaps citrus, typical smell after you pull a cone - you know that unmistakable weed scent

Bad - I’m not even shitting you here a few times I got a whiff of like a dirty dishwater chux cloth. Kind of like if you use a cloth to clean up a mess and you don’t rinse the cloth for a day? It starts to stink? I’m unsure what that means, but perhaps I should pull back on the watering perhaps it’s an indicator rather than a scent.

Appreciate your feedback, happy growing

Hey there - thank you for replying :) funny you mentioned so I have been sniffing my buds frequently, and I’ll try to be honest as I can here what I smelt I will start with the good lol

Good - pinneapple, pine, wood, perhaps citrus, typical smell after you pull a cone - you know that unmistakable weed scent

Bad - I’m not even shitting you here a few times I got a whiff of like a dirty dishwater chux cloth. Kind of like if you use a cloth to clean up a mess and you don’t rinse the cloth for a day? It starts to stink? I’m unsure what that means, but perhaps I should pull back on the watering perhaps it’s an indicator rather than a scent.

Appreciate your feedback, happy growing
Hi Tanya, welcome to 420 Mag! I see you've had lots of help. The crowd here is great and super supportive. Glad you found your way here.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @TanyaP

I see many members is helping you out, so I am stepping out on that question. Too many cook's in the kitchen. :rofl:
You have already mentioned that you don't know the strain.

Do you prefer indoors or outdoors growing?
You have some pistols starting to brown up; so maybe 3 to 4 weeks to go.

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420 Magazine @TanyaP

I see many members is helping you out, so I am stepping out on that question. Too many cook's in the kitchen. :rofl:
You have already mentioned that you don't know the strain.

Do you prefer indoors or outdoors growing?
You have some pistols starting to brown up; so maybe 3 to 4 weeks to go.

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
'pistils' Tok - 'pistols' are guns aren't they?
I am autistic/ocd so I probably shouldn't be on site at all given my precondition
Inaccurate etymology/grammar irritates the fek outta me; sorry to be a gawk but that's me lol
[bad spelling and grammar deliberately inserted to make me seem normal to normal people... :smokin: ]

hi - having Autism makes you a super hero :) I have bi polar, but I Channel that for greatness.

Good to e meet you

Tanya
Most people have no understanding because I suppose it's difficult to understand
Pleasure to meet you too
Tell me, what is the square root of 225 multiplied by eight?
:passitleft:

Just checking

Back
Top Bottom