Sensi NL Fem - Advanced LED 150W - Indoor - Scrog - Organic - 1st Grow!

ChiefMaryJane

Hello everybody!! I'm ChiefMaryJane. I've been scrolling through these forums for about the past five years everytime I needed help or came across a question.
A few weeks ago I came across a stealth scrog micro grow cabinet in the forums. This was the first time I had ever seen anything like a scrog grow, and decided to give it a try. This is my first grow, so if anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate them more than you know.

I’ve been researching non stop over the internet for the past 5 weeks on absolutely every aspect of cannabis growth. Some of the methods I’ve been studying are LBH’s, Subcools, and I’ve also read Greg Greens cannabis bible 4th edition. I only have enough room for two plants right now, but if I do it right I know that will be more than enough bud for myself. At the second week of growth, I topped both of my plants, and let them grow for another week while bracing the main branches down so the topped branches could grow. They grew well, so yesterday at day 23, I topped them for the second and last time. I was debating whether I should brace them down again, or allow them to grow towards the screen. Any advice on this issue would be very much appreciated!!!

What strain is it?:
Northern Lights Feminized from Sensi Seeds

Heavy Yield
Short flowering period (45 - 50 days)
90% Indica
Compact plant

Date seed was planted?:
Feb 12, 2015

Number of seeds?:
2 planted, 2 germinated

Germination method?:
A propagation tray w/ peat pellets. seeds sprouted in 2 days.

Type of lighting:
Advanced LED 150W Full spectrum grow light. I also have a heating mat under both pots to warm the soil.

Soil or Hydro?:
Organic soil

Pot/Pot size?:
3 gallon Smart pot, removed top 2.5 inches from pots.

What is the soil medium?:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Fox Farm Light Warrior, Schultz Horticultural perlite.

What amendments were added?:
Dr. Earth's fish bone meal, Dr. Earth's Blood meal, Pure organic montmorillinite/bentonite clay dust, worm power organic worm castings, Espoma organic plant tone.

Cabinet Temp?:
76 degrees w/ light on, 69 w/ light off

Cabinet RH?:
55%

Cabinet specs:
The grow space is on the side of my computer desk where the drawers once were. I tore out the drawers, turned it into a wooden box, and installed hinges on the far side of the computer desk so you can open/close it. It is very stealthy, and that is what I was going for. the dimensions of the box are 24" length, 14" width, 28" height.

This is the same picture except the door is slightly open
desk_w_door_slightly_open_zpssnxterap.jpg

Door all the way open. I purchased MyLar tape and put it on 3/4 sides of the box. looks good! :)
desk_w_door_open_zpst0rzma5y.jpg

This is the view inside the box when standing up. I made the screen out of small oak square boards and dolls(long round wooden sticks). The dolls are tied down with fishing line at every other intersection. It's pretty sturdy, and is wedged into place at 7" above the medium. It was put into place on 3/7. I am thinking about raising it another inch but I think with the indica genetics the plant won't get much taller, it is just branching out. Right now the plant is about 1.5" below the screen. Suggestions?
looking_inside_box_zps6dsq7cfc.jpg

This picture was taken when the plant was almost 3 weeks old. I attempted to use LBH's scrog method, bracing down the 4 largest branches to allow the topped centers to grow. I've since then taken out the metal braces and am allowing the plant to grow towards the screen. Should I allow the plant more time to grow the shoots expected from topping before letting the branches grow towards the screen? Any advice is appreciated.
NL_2-3_weeks_branches_zpszjgiwl5e.jpg

3 weeks old. Beautiful isn't she? :D
NL_3_weeks_3_zpsnkxbzlh3.jpg

This was a attempt at LBH's 4 way method after topping.
NL_2-3_weeks_LBH_method_zpsprpli8lr.jpg

Annndd one more
NL_3_weeks_zpsbtj4zmzi.jpg

Herbies head shop, the breeder was Sensi seeds. After looking at pictures of other peoples plants online I was worried after week 2 because it was just branching out and wasn't getting any taller. But after reading multiple threads, I've realized that short and bushy is exactly what I want. I just wish the growth was a little faster.

Herbies head shop, the breeder was Sensi seeds. After looking at pictures of other peoples plants online I was worried after week 2 because it was just branching out and wasn't getting any taller. But after reading multiple threads, I've realized that short and bushy is exactly what I want. I just wish the growth was a little faster.

Yeah i had the same issue and with abit of research its fine they will stretch and compete for light in the flowering stage but were see what happens, i am also considering raiseing my 400wMH to see if they will stretch

Yeah but that's exactly what I don't understand. Most scrog tutorials say that you need to fill 70-80% of the screen with indica strains Before switching to flowering. If the stretching doesn't come until flowering how am I suppose to fill it?

Yeah but that's exactly what I don't understand. Most scrog tutorials say that you need to fill 70-80% of the screen with indica strains Before switching to flowering. If the stretching doesn't come until flowering how am I suppose to fill it?

My guess would be to clean up the bottom take the leafs that are not getting much light and dont take more then 30% of the leafs off its bad for the plant, also check if the plant is old enough to do this, its still new to me aswell , also movin gthe light further away will obv make the plant stretch

Thanks man. I have been trimming where the fan leaves block new growth, but not much other than that. Everything seems to be branching out and spacing out nicely, I lowered the screen to help keep things spread eagle and it seems to be working pretty well so far

Alright I put the screen over them last night, and I wish I would've done it along time ago. it spreads all of the branches out way better so the light can get to the stem. The screen is currently at 6.5" above the screen, I will move it up one more time before setting it into place permanently. Here are some pictures :)

Scrog_day_1_zpsxeuk2qdd.jpg

scrog_day_1_2_zpsezmlkdoi.jpg

And these are the first two pictures that didn't work.
0308152117_zpsxisnejgg.jpg

Door view..
Desk_zpsomuy4vtk.jpg

:Namaste:

Hell yeah man same here. What strain are you growing? I just flipped through your journal a little and its looking good. I read on a few different training guides that you should trim back all of the large fan leaves to allow new growth to spur on the stem and main branches, and about 4 days ago I cut all of them off. My plants looked like skeletons. Today they look absolutely perfect with new growth sprouting everywhere. I lowered the screen about 2 inches and started running all of the branches along the screen. Hopefully within 2 weeks the canopy is filled. I also added 3 supplemental lights, 1 75 watt led bulb, and 2 60 watt led's. They look like they are loving it. Good luck on your grow bro!

-ChiefMaryJane

Well hell, I guess I must be doing everything right with all the views and no comments :)
I'll have pictures up tomorrow. The ladies are looking gorgeous they're spreading their legs like a gypsy on the corner

-ChiefMaryJane

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom