Sensi Star Grow

5 weeks and 3 days from seed; 4 days of 12/12, and Mg deficient:

0011989.JPG
0031897.JPG

I've got to keep that problem in line; I'll use CaMg+ in the composts tea and add micronutrients to the in-between waterings. As soon as I see this on all of them (this is the one that started early),

0021973.JPG

I'll add 0-7-0 Superswell to the tea mix. Post more pics soon.

Man it took a long time for these to need another watering. Long enough for the Ca and Mg problems to get worse. Sensi Star - 5 weeks and 6 days from germination, 1 week of 12/12:

0011996.JPG
0021980.JPG

I watered these today with RO water, the heavy feeding of CaMg+ (2 tsp./gal.), and 4 ml. Micro (I'm not allowed to name the company here). I'll post another pic as soon as the deficiency starts to be corrected and I feed again.

Sky is all in for potchimps grow. Well detailed journal. Do you think the 400 watter will be adequate to flower your girls? Did you think about topping your girls during the veg cycle?

I've got about 66.6 watts/sq. ft. on the plants; being Indica they should be fine. I usually only top for two reasons: to avoid height issues and to keep large colas from growing; they get grey mold easily when the conditions are ripe for it. When I don't have much side room (usually from having too many plants per sq. ft.), I let them go without topping.

Note: I just started bubbling up a tea. Here's what I'm using this feeding -

3 gallons RO water
1 Tbsp. unsulfured molasses
1 cup organic compost
1 cup worm castings
2 Tbsp. Superswell 0-7-0
1/4 cup processed chicken manure 5-3-2
1 tsp. kelp meal 1-0-2

When it's done tomorrow I am going to add -

3 tsp. CaMg+
12 ml. micronutrients

I am using this tea for 2 different grows; I may separate it and add a proportional amount of CaMg+ to this part of the grow to make it a heavy dose (if the Mg deficiency is still showing).

Here it is after I took the bubblestones out of the bucket, strained the liquid, and just before I added the micros and CaMg+:

0012000.JPG

I decided that since I won't have many more chances to do it, I'd foliar feed them. I did it in a sink, one by one:

0021984.JPG

The more I look at the plants, the more I think your idea might work better for these, Sky Rocket. If I topped the tallest ones, the canopy would be nice and even. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow; I just did a bit more defol yesterday, as you can see in the pic. I don't want to hit it with too much at one time and cause a hermie.

These five Sensi Star plants are at 6 weeks and 2 days from seed, 10 days into 12/12, and were all topped this morning. I added a plant to this grow in the bottom middle row, a Chemdawg D BX 3 clone I've been repeating for some time. I'm not sure if I'll keep it in there, but I don't have room elsewhere right now:

0012001.JPG

I raised the light fixture up and it's now between 2 and 2-1/2 feet above the canopy, which did flatten out nicely from the topping of 4 plants (the last one didn't need it; too short):

0021985.JPG

I see hairs all over, so the countdown is on :) The breeder's recommended time is between 56 and 63 days. That'll put chop time in between December 5th and December 12th ho ho ho Merry :xmas: to me!

cured bud by Christmas is great! I like to really smoke down on Christmas, coffee and joints turns into cocktails and bongs. although I am not looking forward to another rocky mountain winter, I do look forward to Christmas.

cured bud by Christmas is great! I like to really smoke down on Christmas, coffee and joints turns into cocktails and bongs. although I am not looking forward to another rocky mountain winter, I do look forward to Christmas.

If all goes right, I'll be taking down about 15 of them in a 3 week period around that time. :thumb:

Note: When I put all five of these plants into bigger pots before I started 12/12, I wanted to conserve the SSM#4 I have so I put recycled soil in the bottom half of each pot. The recycled soil wasn't all the way broken down and I can see the difference in growth (I am doing another grow simultaneously with this one; the only difference being that I'm using pure SSM#4 on the other grow). I think I am going to go with straight mixes from the pros and only experiment with these compost teas, not mixing soils and soil amendments from now on. I can mess with that when I finally get (or make) a basement composter. I'll take pics again soon.

basement composter would be wonderful all around, less trash for the world and available compost for your soil! great idea man.
I am hooked on composting myself.

6 weeks and 6 days from seed, and today is the 2nd week of 12/12. The plant in the upper left corner needs nutes worse than the rest but they're all at just the right amount of wetness to the soil, so I don't want to waterlog them. I'll start the compost tea tomorrow and post the recipe too; it'll give them another day to dry out. Here they are (after the pic I put a bowl under the plant in the upper middle row to raise it up even with the others, then took most of the bottom leaves and branches off all of the plants):

0041787.JPG
0051687.JPG

It helped with the clustering to thin these out some :) Post more pics soon.....

Back
Top Bottom