Sex I.D. Help

I got a Maui from Robert Bergman 420 and I still got it it's like 3 or 4 years old well been cloned a few times but his beans are good! But I go to Barney's or NAS pic is Bergmans beans

IMG_20230703_112431.jpg

Reliable seeds- It seems like a lottery these days.
If someone was selling good seeds that are stable, and not likely to hermie just because you looked at them the wrong way, please let me know. ~Seeds in the past seemed much more 'stable' {1990's}
I had a look at that alleged 'Scam' site that was mentioned- it looks like they made half of the names up {Holland Farms &c}.

Reliable seeds- It seems like a lottery these days.
If someone was selling good seeds that are stable, and not likely to hermie just because you looked at them the wrong way, please let me know. ~Seeds in the past seemed much more 'stable' {1990's}
I had a look at that alleged 'Scam' site that was mentioned- it looks like they made half of the names up {Holland Farms &c}.
My personal opinion about that is I look for only 2 Cross maybe if it's been crossed with 5 different strains or GMO no thank you I'll stay old school Land race and heirloom if I can✌️

I gotta tell you Bergman replaced some beans for me for free when they didn't germinate pretty cool considering I drowned them it was all on me oops🥴🥴🥴😎
That's very good of them!
I have had seeds not germinate, [a bad batch of Barneys] but the lot number corresponded to to other people whose hadn't germinated either, they were replaced by the shop.

Damp definitely is the enemy of vulnerable seedlings- but a fresh, healthy seedling is usually 'up and away' before it can die.
Some run out of 'Oomph' and can't struggle out of the seed head.

Was that taken in in Hawaii?? Lol that Maui I grow came to the island back around the 1890s according to archives
The modern hybrids are very unstable, especially when breeders are breeding from known hermies.
An historic Maui hopefully will be ''all girl'' or ''all boy''.

The pic is from Paris, France. You'd not think Paris would be warm enough for a Sativa.
But it looks to be a couple of healthy plants.
I wondered if it might be sprouted birdseed, as her aviary is behind her and birds scatter their seeds everywhere?

I would tend to think maybe someone got it not knowing what it is cause it looks and smells cool especially when it flowers 😂 or it's hemp that was used for alot of textiles back in the day before plastic some of those strains are grown in mountainous high altitude region's they do good in inclimate climates short flower times because of the quick winters up in the altitudes

The Panama red came from a friend of a friend of a friend in Spain about 30 years ago. So maybe.
She looks like a girl at this stage..But time will tell. Edit..she looks like the 1970's Weed we used to try and grow in London, UK, from Bagseed as teenagers~ Too cold there for her, for sure.

Hey Classtime,
My second season and I am determined to control the pollen this time. Heirloom Sativas: Colombian Gold like last year and first time with Panama Red. I think these two are female.
I also grew an equatorial sativa hybrid this year, regular seed of Green Mountain Grape from Ace Seeds.

The females were easy to identify, with stigmas coming out of the tiny bracts at the upper nodes. The males took much longer to show (and no stigmas). So that is one way to sex the males – they take potentially much longer to show. Here are the photos, taken the same day...

Female - two stigmas coming out of the bract.
blueberry_indicates-jpg.2635701

Male... something that looks like a tiny bud, and no stigmas coming out.
gmg_sexing1-jpg.2635702

We had a cold spring and now it is 14 hours sunrise to sun set.
Your night length is now 10 hours. I think equatorial sativas need 12+ hours of darkness to start flowering. Here's a helpful website to show your day length in the future, for your location: SunCalc sun position- und sun phases calculator

I transferred my GMG girls to flower in mid Feb. here in Hawaii. At that time, night length was about 12.25 hours. They did just fine.

The cool thing about some equatorial sativas, and the GMG that I grew, is that the males are photosensitive – you can keep them in veg as you would a female of any photoperiod cannabis, using lighting. (Almost all male cannabis plants are autoflowering.)

Back
Top Bottom