Sex I.D. Help

Classtime

420 Member
My second season and I am determined to control the pollen this time. Heirloom Sativas: Colombian Gold like last year and first time with Panama Red. I think these two are female. Top pic is the Colombian Sprouted 3/30 and the second pic is the Panama Red sprouted 4/14. We had a cold spring and now it is 14 hours sunrise to sun set.
IMG_8908.jpeg
IMG_8910.jpeg

male preflowers will stand up a little bit on top of a small pedestal. female preflowers hug closer to the plant and tighter in the junction of the branches.

tbh i'm lousy at sexing them by the preflowers. but that's how it's done.

Female for sure.
soon you’ll have a white pistil in the red circle
IMG_0456.jpeg

Agreed.. you’ll see white pistils show when she’s ready for flower. It’ll likely happen around the same time the branches go from symmetrical to alternating.

My second season and I am determined to control the pollen this time. Heirloom Sativas: Colombian Gold like last year and first time with Panama Red. I think these two are female. Top pic is the Colombian Sprouted 3/30 and the second pic is the Panama Red sprouted 4/14. We had a cold spring and now it is 14 hours sunrise to sun set.
IMG_8908.jpeg
IMG_8910.jpeg
Howdy can I ask where did you get the Panama red beans ? i want some of those, I'm also look for thia styke I found a chocolate this but I wasn't to interested in that. I'm not keen on all these newer strains ,to hybridized for me I grow them but I'm more into the old school strains
I remember getting ozs of Columbian gold back in the day shit came up in a driveshaft lol hard as a brick and loaded with seeds. $5 nickel bags $10 dime bags And the Maui came in a macadamia can until the hydro came on to the scene then it was Christmas tree bud northern lights and super silver haze! They look like female they look healthy 👍

Howdy can I ask where did you get the Panama red beans ? i want some of those, I'm also look for thia styke I found a chocolate this but I wasn't to interested in that. I'm not keen on all these newer strains ,to hybridized for me I grow them but I'm more into the old school strains
I remember getting ozs of Columbian gold back in the day shit came up in a driveshaft lol hard as a brick and loaded with seeds. $5 nickel bags $10 dime bags And the Maui came in a macadamia can until the hydro came on to the scene then it was Christmas tree bud northern lights and super silver haze! They look like female they look healthy 👍
Don't know where you are located but pacific seed bank has both of those feminized. I have ordered old school strains from them in the past with good results. Was curious if they were just using old names on new strains but they were authentic. Grew and smoked just like the seeds I have been saving since the 70s. They get seeds from other cultivators so results may vary. I got the "house brand" and a few from cultivators to check quality control. It was good.

Thank you, Much appreciated !!!I looked on Pacific and all's I found for the thia was chocolate thia Ill have to look again,I seen the panama. I'm in Michigan. I never purchased from them Usually Barney's Farm they just launchedan American outlet or NAS I got beans from Robert Bergman as well they turned out ok I prefer Barney's ,but they do all the new genetics I haven't seen any old ones. The Hash plant and that really isn't that old 90's I think but that's DEFINITELY on my favorites list I've done that one before.
I just ordered beans from Herbies I'm going to give them a shot Black widow and Super skunk. But I'm going to look again on Pacific. Time to get beans popped for the indoor grow.
I have to say that the best genetic I ever got was from a qtr oz of some hydro of northern lights I found 3 seeds in the bag , planted all 3 1 came up right outta the soil pencil thick stem and the first set of leaves as big as my hand about 1/4" off the soil I was like "HOLY CRAP!" I know thats a female and a good 1! I kept a mother for almost 20yrs 😂

I ordered from them during the international shipping shut down in 2020 out of curiosity.

I grew up 5 miles from the Mississippi river. The shipments came on cargo ships then up river on a barge. When I got killer genetics with only one or two seeds per oz I kept them for feminizing. Had dozens of land strains, labeled in viles, in a sealed lead lined box. My ex wife decided to save space by dumping them all into one jar. Jar is now labeled Carmen San Diego.

Don't know where you are located but pacific seed bank has both of those feminized. I have ordered old school strains from them in the past with good results. Was curious if they were just using old names on new strains but they were authentic. Grew and smoked just like the seeds I have been saving since the 70s. They get seeds from other cultivators so results may vary. I got the "house brand" and a few from cultivators to check quality control. It was good.
@seaofgreen18

Caveat Emptor...In case no one noticed, that particular bank sells seeds that are supposedly produced by named breeders that actually do not exist. I, and a multitude of others have researched to no end ...and their named breeders....do...not...exist.

Pacific Seed Bank is a sham.

I didn't trust them simply because they are in California. I have herd complaints that they are not legit but never any detail on what the problem was. They repackage seeds is the only complaint I know of. Before ordering a new strain for a friend I ordered strains I know well. As I said they a sell house brand and from different cultivators. They buy up bulk and repackage. The package did not say a known bank name but the plant was a healthy and correct pure strain. I ordered Jamaican and mowi wowi seeds because those are were the plants I was perpetual growing at that time. I couldn't be more positive that my plants are authentic land strains. There seeds grew identical to mine from sprout to bowl. Not my top choice for seeds but if they are the only ones with a strain you want it may be worth the $20 risk.

Well that's no reason why not to trust them just because they are in California but now if the don't say they are sending off breeders beans somewhere on their site then yeah because some of the other sellers do but yeah it's more than just a $20 loss takes awhile too find out if it is good or not if you catch my drift and that not worth the risk to me I try to stick with someone reputable now if it were back in the day where's that's All you can get then yeah $20 why not but now, NO WAY!
To many reputable breeds out there now with guaranteed and tested genetics👍

Back
Top Bottom