Short intro

Good Morning and welcome to 420 Magazine @Kingstonmike1964

Have you tried to grow indoors?
Don't be shy we have lots of Canadians on the forum, so you should feel right at home here.

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
I haven't tried growing indoors...

To be honest my wife is still on the fence about letting me grow.
I tend to get VERY interested in topics and subscribe to web groups like this as well as various seed companies and all in all this past feww months have been very cannabis-centric.

That being said, she has suggested that if I REALLY had to grow inside (/ resigned voice) I could make room in the corner of the furnace room for a grow tent and vent out through the side window.

So, all in all, as long as it's not going to be Cannabis talk 24/7, I have her permission to start small and see what happens.

Absolutely awesome!
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Here is a thread if you want to meet everyone and say hi.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey....sup?

Hey Mike. It's a wet day here today and unfortunately, I have to go out to my torture appointment.

That's great news that your wife is going to let you get a tent. Have you checked out our sponsors? You can get a complete tent kit with everything from @Mars Hydro, for example for quite reasonable prices, IMO.

You will definitely become obsessed with everything cannabis. I've been down this rabbit hole since 2015. :laughtwo:

So yeah, turns out the (now gone) plant on the left of the photo was a male....

Sooooooo, entirely possible that the other plant was pollinated.

And all the seeds from the bag sprouted but then the seedlings died for some reason.

s$$%%#!!!

So yeah, turns out the (now gone) plant on the left of the photo was a male....

Sooooooo, entirely possible that the other plant was pollinated.

And all the seeds from the bag sprouted but then the seedlings died for some reason.

s$$%%#!!!
So, the female wasn't pollinated, as far as I can tell.
It seems to be flowering up nicely, so hopefully, I'll at least have something to dry and try in October.
Basically, if I get enough to be the equivalent of 50 bucks' worth of flower in a dispensary (basically my start up cost was roughly fifty dollars) I'll consider it it a moderate enough success.

I know what mistakes I made (too small of a pot and not topping it when I should have) and how they will impact my yield.

I figure that if I plant directly into the garden in good, prepped soil, top at the right time and make sure that I let my seedlings get big enough to survive any critters, my crop next year should be far better (maybe 4x the yield per plant)

So, after all that drama...I harvested my Auto Northern Lights. I ended up with one 6' tall stalk and about 12-14 buds, ranging from 2g down to .5 g.
Not the best yield and I'm almost positive I harvested too soon---tricomes were milky but not amber, but that seemed to not be changing, so I figured the plants were done.

Harvested and dried and cured and got enough to make a lot of joints.(I ground 3 of the smaller buds (about 1/10 of the crop) and got enough for 8 Js)

The effect is pretty good but not too over-powering...definitely something I can enjoy during the day and still function, so while it's probably not the strongest iteration of Northern Lights, it's definitely not garbage weed, like I feared.

All in all, I think I made my money back and more and definitely got a lesson in growing cannabis for next year.

So, while it wasn't all that it could have been, I still feel I came away from this in the black, not the red, in terms of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom