Short Ryder Auto & Bubba Kush - 1st Grow

Quick question here guys, do you have any idea if me pounding my nutrients to my short Riders might have done this type of Klein to the leaves? I really gave them a heavy dose yesterday, and it only seems to be on the mid leaves, not the new growth or the old growth.
420-magazine-mobile1732663223.jpg
420-magazine-mobile832011046.jpg
I've never had a bug, so I don't know what to look for if that's what it is?

On a positive note, these two are looking amazing other than those few Clawed leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1769439975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1219775700.jpg
420-magazine-mobile527152878.jpg

Weird eh. Same feed, same schedule. OK, thanks for the input, I'll adjust tomorrow. Anything I can add as a supplement in a dry form to help?

Nitrogen TOXICITY is the cause of leaves "clawing". Mostly on middle leaves where there is poor light penetration (but it can be random). Those leaves do less photosynthesis, are less able to process the nitrogen. Its not alarming if there aren't too many other signs of toxicity and if it is limited to a few leaves in the shade.

==> If new leaves or random leaves are very dark, clawed, etc, you should back-off on the N because it will lead to other problems like yellowing, spots, nutes blocking, the plant could dry faster (drink more) and uptake even more N, etc.

I presume there can be some sort of N accumulation in the growing media, so I'd give very little (maybe 1/4 - 1/2 dose) on next watering and then resume to maybe at 75% what you were giving before.

You are possibly high on the PK also if you are following manufacturer's schedule/dosage.
At first signs of N or P or K toxicity, I'd reduce all nutes to be on the safe side.

For my plants, anything over 75% was too much. Even at 75% I had clawed leaves, but those were few and in the shade and the rest seemed fine so I stayed at 75%. I also had a few burnt tips here and there, another sign of toxicity, but it was minor, not widespread, and I ignored it mostly.

You are possibly high on the PK also if you are following manufacturer's schedule/dosage.
At first signs of N or P or K toxicity, I'd reduce all nutes to be on the safe side.

For my plants, anything over 75% was too much. Even at 75% I had clawed leaves, but those were few and in the shade and the rest seemed fine so I stayed at 75%. I also had a few burnt tips here and there, another sign of toxicity, but it was minor, not widespread, and I ignored it mostly.
You guys are awesome.....420 to the rescue lol. In the past I might have just let some of the smaller things figure themselves out....this, not so much. I started with 2L of PH 6.5 water yesterday, I'll do it again when she's light and then reintroduce 1/2 strength before I go away on vacation. Give her a bit of a rest.

It's funny I was just thinking to myself that I can't confirm these are actually short Riders, I can confirm that they definitely are not autos. If they are not ready in another five to six weeks, I can probably confirm that early girl wasn't part of their genetics either as promised. So that leads me to wonder potentially..... What the hell are these LMAO?

my girlfriends pretty smart.

You, sir, are a lucky man. I was married to a woman for... wow, nine years and I remember one... If only one side is doing the screaming, is it still called a fight, lol? Anyway, I distinctly remember her SHOUTING, "And when you use big words, it makes me feel stupid!" (among other things that were being shouted ;) ) . Ironically... A man who had two brain cells to rub together would have known the instant that those words came out of her mouth that the relationship was doomed :loopy: . But, yeah... A man needs a woman who can - and will - challenge him and keep him on his toes.

I'm not real sure what a woman needs in a man, lol, being but a simple man and all ;) . Docility, leash-trained, well-equipped to do whatever job they're put to, and extreme stamina? Or were those the requirements for a dog? Wait, which one was it where not peeing on the carpet was important? Hmm... I guess that would apply to both. Doggone it, I'm never going to figure it out :rofl: .

Nitrogen TOXICITY is the cause of leaves "clawing".

<NODS>

lead to other problems like yellowing

I've seen where newbies... I guess they think cannabis leaves are colored with the deepest, darkest crayon in the entire box, I guess - because sometimes a new grower will not recognize nitrigen toxicity as a problem, let alone for what it is. Hasn't grown cannabis before, so doesn't know that the ideal cannabis leaf isn't shaped like one of those handheld bent-prong garden claw tools, lol. Knows that a yellow or brown leaf is unhealthy (discounting plant species where different colored leaves are the norm, of course) and green is healthy. So... Too much nitrogen and, "Hey, look how green my leaves are! And they're three-dimensional. Everyone else's leaves are just flat. These must be superplants or something. Cool." Then the issue progresses, the leaves begin yellowing and...

...the new grower adds extra nitrogen in hopes of greening them up :rolleyes3 :icon_roll .

IDK if it's true or not, because I have not tried it. But I've read that if a plant is suffering from nitrogen toxicity, a calcium foliar spray will help. If it is true, I don't know what you'd use, if there's a readily-available calcium only supplement. Most Ca/Mg products have nitrogen in them. And calcium nitrate obviously contains nitrogen. IDK.

You, sir, are a lucky man. I was married to a woman for... wow, nine years and I remember one... If only one side is doing the screaming, is it still called a fight, lol? Anyway, I distinctly remember her SHOUTING, "And when you use big words, it makes me feel stupid!" (among other things that were being shouted ;) ) . Ironically... A man who had two brain cells to rub together would have known the instant that those words came out of her mouth that the relationship was doomed :loopy: . But, yeah... A man needs a woman who can - and will - challenge him and keep him on his toes.

I'm not real sure what a woman needs in a man, lol, being but a simple man and all ;) . Docility, leash-trained, well-equipped to do whatever job they're put to, and extreme stamina? Or were those the requirements for a dog? Wait, which one was it where not peeing on the carpet was important? Hmm... I guess that would apply to both. Doggone it, I'm never going to figure it out :rofl: .

<NODS>

I've seen where newbies... I guess they think cannabis leaves are colored with the deepest, darkest crayon in the entire box, I guess - because sometimes a new grower will not recognize nitrigen toxicity as a problem, let alone for what it is. Hasn't grown cannabis before, so doesn't know that the ideal cannabis leaf isn't shaped like one of those handheld bent-prong garden claw tools, lol. Knows that a yellow or brown leaf is unhealthy (discounting plant species where different colored leaves are the norm, of course) and green is healthy. So... Too much nitrogen and, "Hey, look how green my leaves are! And they're three-dimensional. Everyone else's leaves are just flat. These must be superplants or something. Cool." Then the issue progresses, the leaves begin yellowing and...

...the new grower adds extra nitrogen in hopes of greening them up :rolleyes3 :icon_roll .

IDK if it's true or not, because I have not tried it. But I've read that if a plant is suffering from nitrogen toxicity, a calcium foliar spray will help. If it is true, I don't know what you'd use, if there's a readily-available calcium only supplement. Most Ca/Mg products have nitrogen in them. And calcium nitrate obviously contains nitrogen. IDK.
Wait.....I've got to be doing the correct thing by flushing with PHD water right? This is the correct treatment? I'm not exactly flushing her, just watering her only.

Found a new Hydro store today; therefore made a new friend.

When you've got a good rapport with a local hydroponics / indoor gardening store, you can often get free samples; the nutrient (et cetera) companies send them to their retailers all the time to pass out.

He showed me a picture of his Strawberry Kush in a 30 gallon pot. One pot in his 4x4 tent. Colas like I've never seen before...

Nice! I've always liked large single-plant grows. Used to love doing scrog grows that way.

I've been seriously considering a nutrient lineup change . This might be the lineup I've chosen.

House and Garden used to be fairly popular, albeit somewhat expensive. I don't see much mention of them any more as a complete lineup. People still use their Roots Excelurator, I think. Once in a great while I'll see where someone used Shooting Powder. Stuff like that. I hope it works well for you.

Found a new Hydro store today; therefore made a new friend. He showed me a picture of his Strawberry Kush in a 30 gallon pot. One pot in his 4x4 tent. Colas like I've never seen before.....

I've been seriously considering a nutrient lineup change . This might be the lineup I've chosen..House & Garden Canada | Van De Zwaan - Premium Dutch Plant Nutrients & Additives
I use house and garden. I used fox farm then advance nutrients. Now I use House and garden and will not be changing. I follow there feeding schedule at full strength, sometimes adding more than they suggest. Only thing is house and garden is super expensive in the store so I use eBay. Also I use botanicare supplements because how super over priced house and gardens are.

I use house and garden. I used fox farm then advance nutrients. Now I use House and garden and will not be changing. I follow there feeding schedule at full strength, sometimes adding more than they suggest. Only thing is house and garden is super expensive in the store so I use eBay. Also I use botanicare supplements because how super over priced house and gardens are.
You've been keeping it a secret, lol. How much are your base soil nutes? Just for comparison sakes. This is the third grow shop I've been into that has told me that this line is incredible.

When you've got a good rapport with a local hydroponics / indoor gardening store, you can often get free samples; the nutrient (et cetera) companies send them to their retailers all the time to pass out.

Nice! I've always liked large single-plant grows. Used to love doing scrog grows that way.

House and Garden used to be fairly popular, albeit somewhat expensive. I don't see much mention of them any more as a complete lineup. People still use their Roots Excelurator, I think. Once in a great while I'll see where someone used Shooting Powder. Stuff like that. I hope it works well for you.
Some good information there, maybe I'll see if he can lend me some of his half bottles LMAO. So why do you think it lost popularity? Is it purely a cost thing?

To be fair to the dnf system, I never got an opportunity to use that complete lineup either.

You've been keeping it a secret, lol. How much are your base soil nutes? Just for comparison sakes. This is the third grow shop I've been into that has told me that this line is incredible.
Haha. I'm pretty sure I said it in one of the first few post. I use the coco a+b now, but my first time using them I used the soil. It was two years ago but I remember it being $60 plus in the store and only 15-20 bucks on eBay. My coco only cost $26. There root excellent is a waste of time. Even though it works like crazy. So does botanicare but at fraction of the cost.

Back
Top Bottom