• Yes

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im telling ya man..get some sponsors to throw up prizes...make them not easy to get thru accolades during the year. Like old xbox achievements unlocked..If you have 20 high dollar prizes worth trying to get some awards...win win man. Quality content, member retention. I want prizes for doing epic shit dammit lol

We already do that :thanks:

We already do that :thanks:
really..you just announced you were looking into the software to implement

suggestion of rating the answers instead of the members is brilliant, maybe that could be a solution? If everyone else agrees, we can look into the possibility of our software and resources being tweaked to achieve this.

Maybe we can also experiment with trophies to highlight worthy members, without dissing others who may not be at the same level yet.

so that would create an environment where
Example: me as a poster can get 20 'trophies' for my posts throughout the year just getting so many likes on singular posts i got a trophy that week.
If i get my 20 trophies i get a free bag of myco shipped to me. You dont already do that.
What you have now is i have to do epic shit and hope my reputation is ok enough i get nominated be my peers.
that's not the same, but what you have discussed is a step towards that i feel. You are an invigorating spirit in this abyss i must say 420.

We already do cap the number of times a member can win in a year. If you are suggesting we issue lifetime caps for contests, then we'll lose people left and right because after they win, the people who are here to share and compete have less reasons to be here.

I think you're underestimating the loyalty of your members. I know I would much rather vote for someone I think deserves to win and hasn't won the monthly contest for the past 10 years in a row. I'm not saying the winning member doesn't deserve to win. I just think we have a lot of members who deserve to win but they're not getting their chance because the same members win over and over again.

The cap doesn't have to be a small number. The cap could be you can't win the same title more than 10 times, for just an example.

But, it's your house so it's your rules. It doesn't really matter one way or another to me other than helping less known members be recognized. 420 Magazine is a wonderful website and whatever is done with this issue, I doubt it will hurt anything if you implement a rep system. We had one before and it worked.

I think you're underestimating the loyalty of your members. I know I would much rather vote for someone I think deserves to win and hasn't won the monthly contest for the past 10 years in a row. I'm not saying the winning member doesn't deserve to win. I just think we have a lot of members who deserve to win but they're not getting their chance because the same members win over and over again.

The cap doesn't have to be a small number. The cap could be you can't win the same title more than 10 times, for just an example.

But, it's your house so it's your rules. It doesn't really matter one way or another to me other than helping less known members be recognized. 420 Magazine is a wonderful website and whatever is done with this issue, I doubt it will hurt anything if you implement a rep system. We had one before and it worked.
I'm not underestimating anything or anyone. We've invested a million hours in tweaking the contest guidelines to perfection. What you are suggesting is reaching, I don't think anyone has ever won any title ten times. We see no need for such a thing.
Thank you for your feedback, let's please stay focused on a rep system for FAQs :thanks:

We would like to create a way for members seeking help, to determine if they're being given good, experienced and credible advice or not.
FAQ
Ok so to incentivize me and others to suddenly want to start spouting everything we know about a subject in there, then implement the post rating, trophy acquiring, prize tiers and restrictions...and bam i bet you see peeps in there looking for chances to give good advice and get that trophy. Not nominated...i might have a fighting chance at winning it if i know my shit.
Playball!

We would like to create a way for members seeking help, to determine if they're being given good, experienced and credible advice or not.
FAQ
Ok so to incentivize me and others to suddenly want to start spouting everything we know about a subject in there, then implement the post rating, trophy acquiring, prize tiers and restrictions...and bam i bet you see peeps in there looking for chances to give good advice and get that trophy. Not nominated...i might have a fighting chance at winning it if i know my shit.
Playball!
Thank you for the idea, however I don't think giving incentives to help people by giving them prizes would result in the way we want. Seems like it would just force people looking for prizes to spout off whatever they could, racing to win prizes and not caring about the member needing support. They might get their first question answered, but then when they try to PM the same person for more help, they could get ghosted, because there are no prizes for helping people in PMs. Same for journals. I know some of you have this perfect vision of perfect members here, but you have that vision partly because we work tirelessly in the back removing all of that drama, so you all don't have to step through it every day. Someone you think is the biggest sweetheart, could have been our biggest troll at some point.

We spent decades mentoring, guiding and grooming the community to help others and pay it forward, what you suggest could destroy all of that hard work that took many long years to build. Then we truly would be just like everyone else, full of a bunch of self centered prize seekers. Those types of people are fine mixed in with everyone, they do offer support to some and provide spunk, motivation, entertainment and friendship for others, but to have them overrun the community, would just end in tragedy and do the exact opposite of our mission.

For the first fifteen years, we offered the grow support as a service, and had a dozen growers on staff who answered questions officially. However, managing that team of volunteers took more time and created more drama, that weed every seen. As we evolved, we slowly dismantled the grow support position and put the power in the hands of the community. We found that at the end of the day, the average rebel grower doesn't want to be managed, but we sure did try. This process took years from our lives and we finally got everything working smoothly, so we have to be extremely careful not to take any steps backwards.

Hence this conversation, to get all perspectives before trying anything new.

Thank you for the idea, however I don't think giving incentives to help people by giving them prizes would result in the way we want. Seems like it would just force people looking for prizes to spout off whatever they could, racing to win prizes and not caring about the member needing support. They might get their first question answered, but then when they try to PM the same person for more help, they could get ghosted, because there are no prizes for helping people in PMs. Same for journals. I know some of you have this perfect vision of perfect members here, but you have that vision partly because we work tirelessly in the back removing all of that drama, so you all don't have to step through it every day. Someone you think is the biggest sweetheart, could have been our biggest troll at some point.

We spent decades mentoring, guiding and grooming the community to help others and pay it forward, what you suggest could destroy all of that hard work that took many long years to build. Then we truly would be just like everyone else, full of a bunch of self centered prize seekers. Those types of people are fine mixed in with everyone, they do offer support to some and provide spunk, motivation, entertainment and friendship for others, but to have them overrun the community, would just end in tragedy and do the exact opposite of our mission.

For the first fifteen years, we offered the grow support as a service, and had a dozen growers on staff who answered questions officially. However, managing that team of volunteers took more time and created more drama, that weed every seen. As we evolved, we slowly dismantled the grow support position and put the power in the hands of the community. We found that at the end of the day, the average rebel grower doesn't want to be managed, but we sure did try. This process took years from our lives and we finally got everything working smoothly, so we have to be extremely careful not to take any steps backwards.

Hence this conversation, to get all perspectives before trying anything new.
Now, after all thats been said in this thread...do you see adding rep helping? Or turning it into a glory hogging Like farm?
Ive thoroughly enjoyed this thread but there's no way to the idealized forum you want without change, test. Modify, test. We dont have an authority body to validate "males auto flower"...all you got is a handful of guys that have the experience and they dont wanna hang out in FAQ helping newbs all day every day for metaverse trophies and emojis. The guy running a 10,000sq ft indoor? You want him here helping? And he has to hope he gets a mug or some myco in january.
More effort on whos part is required here?

Nobody ever said weed theme it like a strip club neon sign, we like our earth tones of green for leaves and brown for soil and have no plans to change that. Maybe darken the colors a tad to be a little more sexy, but never what you are envisioning.

Your conviction is comforting and worrisome. While in your hands the success is apparent, however in my experience that’s directly related to what a person has been through. Hopefully when the time comes your successor shares your vision and understands where you’ve come from.

Like others have said, regardless of the push back on this specific idea, it’s appreciated you’re not just content with where we’re at, and you’re not arrogant in your approach to progress. You also don’t pay lip service which I can’t tell you how much that means to a lot of us.

We can all always do better and it’s apparent you want better.

This is the last meme free erudite bastion on the net and im fighting tooth and nail to keep it that way lol

I truly appreciate this is the one place that when I see notifications I don’t have a stress response. When I see alerts on this site I already know it’s going to be a thoughtful and respectful response, and not some foolish argument about nothing or some tool screaming what about me.

It makes it much easier to want to be here and want to give back. So yes, I agree completely lol.. tooth and nail

I truly appreciate this is the one place that when I see notifications I don’t have a stress response. When I see alerts on this site I already know it’s going to be a thoughtful and respectful response, and not some foolish argument about nothing or some tool screaming what about me.

It makes it much easier to want to be here and want to give back. So yes, I agree completely lol.. tooth and nail
I agree with this 100%.

Looks like the nos have it at 60% for not adding a reputation system.

I'll close this now while we investigate another system to rate answers instead of members and we can have another poll and discussion then :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom