Should we allow Mods/Staff to participate in the competitions here at 420?

Should we allow Mods/Staff participate in the 420 Contests? A seperate one?

• Total voters
We for sure should!! Mods do a LOT of the behind the scenes work that many members are prob. not informed about and IMO they should be eligible to have a chance at a fine reward.

Thumbs up for Mod eligibility!!!:thumb:

Oh, and have another comp. for them as well!!

Every time we have discussed this in the past, there have always been a few people who think that it's not fair to the members for staff to compete in the same contest, which I agree. We've brought it up to the staff before about having a staff member of the month contest and historically, they've always declined. We're at the mercy of the members and the staff, separately and collectively. If it was up to me, I'd like to have both contests personally, which has always been my vote. :thumb:

I'm always looking for ways to thank our volunteers, other than saying thank you 420 times a day. :adore:

I think its only fair, esp if its a contest that has to do with growers ability or strain. if your a moderator or whatever and your growing as well i think its only fair that your allowed to join in on the fun with the rest of us!
lets see them grows! ;)

Ahh the great memories of this exact discussion about a year ago. This discussion is a lot tamer than the one I remember.
:smokin:

people must be growing stronger meds these days ;)

The worker ant/bee are always the ones overlooked...I think they should have their own contest and let the community nominate/vote...Because some people may look at the mods being in the usual motm contest as favoritism if one of the mods win. So give them their own contest to keep the drama down.

I think if it is seen more as a morale booster, then they may be more inclined....Plus, who doesn't mind getting some great 420 stuff to boot?? Thank you for giving it more consideration brother!!

No worries brother, it's all good. I'm always open to anything that helps my staff, they are my life, my love, a piece of me and our mission. We are ONE. Anytime Mods or Admins need something from one of our sponsors, we are usually able to get it for them at no cost, depending on what it is. Nutes, bug sprays, papers, nug jars, all of it is free for our staff. :thumb:
I think if it is seen more as a morale booster, then they may be more inclined....Plus, who doesn't mind getting some great 420 stuff to boot?? Thank you for giving it more consideration brother!!

I voted no, but I've changed my mind. If a moderator grows and keeps a journal(or not), and helps keep 420Magazine the nice place it is for sharing with peers, let he or she decide whether to participate in contests. Voting is anonymous, and there is little tangible reason to fear unfairness.
Moderating demands a lot of time, much more than most members realize. If any of them want to do a little extra, and show-off their pride-worthy produce, why not? It's separate business.

One exception: They should remain excluded from Member of the Month, IMO.

OK!!! I put a lot of thought into this, I think IMO, Propa Gator is on a good note, not for MOTM!!! but for the nug and plant yes!!!

HOWEVER being that as a :420: staff and they are takin care of already as it is with the sponsors stuff!!! I think if a staff member was to win, they could then donate their winnings to a worthy person of their choice. It could have been someone that they noticed putting in extra effort or someone they thought was more of a worthy winner!!!

something in those lines I feel would be good!!!

:peacetwo:

I voted for have separate contest to show our appreciation for them... but that's only for MOM, for Plant and Nug of the Month I would be fine with them entering. I understand why the policy is there though, as soon as a mod wins, someone is gonna scream fix! It's probably easier for them to avoid the controversey in the first place.

If you allowed them to be in the MOM contest a moderator should win each and every month considering how hard they work!

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

:Namaste:

OK!!! I put a lot of thought into this, I think IMO, Propa Gator is on a good note, not for MOTM!!! but for the nug and plant yes!!!

HOWEVER being that as a :420: staff and they are takin care of already as it is with the sponsors stuff!!! I think if a staff member was to win, they could then donate their winnings to a worthy person of their choice. It could have been someone that they noticed putting in extra effort or someone they thought was more of a worthy winner!!!

something in those lines I feel would be good!!!

:peacetwo:

Sorry man, that's actually, not the case...no pay or freebies here bro ;) Only volunteer work and the pride that comes with being part of the movement. :thumb:

And I totally disagree with the whole "Only if you grow weed" thing, because it's not legal to grow weed in most of the US and someone who is at risk of prison time for doing so, should not be held out of the fun, when someone who can legally grow, get's to be praised...that only shows favoritism towards someone who lives in an MMJ state and count's out someone who doesn't...not very fair, IMO

There is something that a lot of people don't seem to realize...which is, this place is not just all about growing Cannabis and nothing else.

The phrase; "Creating Cannabis Awareness" dose not just mean, we will teach you how to grow Marijuana and that's all we have to offer, it's a lot deeper than that my friends, it's about learning and teaching how to go about changing the laws in this country so that not another person goes to prison to be raped or killed for something that has not hurt another soul in this world.

I would really like to see people gravitating towards this concept more and start seeing past the weed growing aspect of this site.

I know growing is super fun because I've been there and done that, but their are much bigger fish to fry here my friends...true that!

Sorry man, that's actually, not the case...no pay or freebies here bro ;) Only volunteer work and the pride that comes with being part of the movement. :thumb:

And I totally disagree with the whole "Only if you grow weed" thing, because it's not legal to grow weed in most of the US and someone who is at risk of prison time for doing so, should not be held out of the fun, when someone who can legally grow, get's to be praised...that only shows favoritism towards someone who lives in an MMJ state and count's out someone who doesn't...not very fair, IMO

:hmmmm: I post anonymously, and few would guess where my Paradise was lost. I disagree with most laws concerning cannabis, and occasionally rant my disgust. Every grower in America violates federal law. Only difference in nugs for the contests is: Weed can be bought semi-legally in California, Colorado, and maybe elsewhere. Nugs can and are bought and grown and smoked, everywhere.

420 Warrior, let me know what you need and consider it done, staff always gets freebies from sponsors. You just never asked. ;)

Hmm...never heard that one, I always thought this was Volunteering to help the cause and being more involved in changing laws.

I don't want to be all like, I want, I need...that ain't me bro

The pride I feel has always been enough motivation for me to get the word out to the masses...I always want to look at the big picture of what I'm doing, not just get free stuff.

I'm a rock bro...all I need is for people to help states like mine to change our laws...and, that's my mission. :thumb:

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to tell every single volunteer every single thing, in the first few months of training and this IS volunteering to help the cause and being more involved with changing laws. ;)
Hmm...never heard that one, I always thought this was Volunteering to help the cause and being more involved in changing laws.

:bravo: :adore:
The pride I feel has always been enough motivation for me to get the word out to the masses...I always want to look at the big picture of what I'm doing, not just get free stuff.

I'm a rock bro...all I need is for people to help states like mine to change our laws...and, that's my mission.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom