Signal flower booster question

Tricomedome

I bought some TPS Flower booster hoping to get that tighter bud but was wondering if I could use it with my advanced nutes that I have been using? Thanks

It would help to know what the "TPS Flower booster" is. Info such as the NPK numbers and the recommended dose and how often. And then it sounds like you are using something from the Advanced Nutrients line of fertilizers so the same info.

Most likely the answer is "yes, you can use them together" but it not as simple as just starting to use them together. The important thing is to know the NPK numbers and if there is a recommended dosage for the combination. Also, even if the answer might be yes it still helps to know info such as how old the plants are and how long they have been in the flowering stage. Some flower boosters have very specific doses based on the week of flowering.

Plus, are you growing in a natural soil mix or a coco medium mix?

Hey @Tricomedome,

which one are you using?

1684313941031.png

You can continue using your advanced nutrients as usual and incorporate the TPS Flower booster as a supplement during the flowering stage. Just make sure to monitor your plants closely and adjust the nutrient levels if needed based on their response

Those bottles are highly diluted, you pay for 2% nutrients and 98% inert as water . I would personally look for other alternatives. I shake my head and laugh at the content and NPK values TBH.

I can make these products with things I already have available for cents per bottle. It's better to look for a complete plant food instead of manufacturers that put the 16 minerals separately in 7 different bottles...

Contrary to popular belief of the market high P and K is not what's desirable in flowering Cannabis. Low to medium levels of P is desirable and medium to moderate levels of K.

Signal flower is literally just a dash of potash(potassium hydroxide) and Epsom salt(magnesium sulfate) in solution. The ingredients are available globally everywhere for cheap.

I buy DTE's solution-grade Langbeinite powder by the 1-lb bag, OMRI listed, for K, Mg, and S.

SOLUBLE POTASH (K2O) 22.0%​
MAGNESIUM (Mg) 10.8%​
10.8% Water Soluble Magnesium​
SULFUR (S) 22.0%​
22.0% Combined Sulfur​

And their solution-grade K-sulfate for K and S.

Soluble Potash (K2O) 50.0%​
SULFUR (S) 17.5%​

Compare to Signal liquid:
1684413422176.png

Signal looks a lot like Langbeinite, mixed with water...

Signal: 4.6% K-Mg-S, 95.4% water.
Langbeinite: 54.5% K-Mg-S, 45.5% other.

You could make 18 batches of Signal with a 1-lb bag of Langbeinite, for equivalent K20.

You could make 22 batches of Signal with a 1-lb bag of Langbeinite, for equivalent Mg and S.

Let's just even that out and say 20 batches of Signal.

Or, you could say 1/20th of a bag of Langbeinite to make 1 bottle of Signal. That's 0.8 oz of powder. We can figure that a cup of powder weighs 9 oz. So, 0.8 oz equals about 4-1/4 tsp.

You can literally make an equivalent liquid using 4-1/4 tsp of mineral powder. The rest is water. Shake well before use.

Cost using Langbeinite*..... $0.55 (1 qt) ..... * my local cost $11/lb
Cost using Signal**........ $25.00 (1 qt) ..... ** Amazon

With $25 worth of Langbeinite, you could make 45 quarts of Signal.

did I do that right?! 🤣

Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is CHEAP at every grocery store and pharmacy I've ever been in. Like less than a dollar per pound, cheap. Add your own water, mix your own, and $20 might make a lifetime supply (many, many gallons). Soluble potassium ("potash") is also pretty inexpensive at the hardware store and on the Internet.

But if you want "tighter" buds, add more... light. And keep your temperatures relatively reasonable. Although it's strain dependent, too (a pure sativa's buds are always going to be less dense than an indica's).

Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is CHEAP at every grocery store and pharmacy I've ever been in. Like less than a dollar per pound, cheap. Add your own water, mix your own, and $20 might make a lifetime supply (many, many gallons). Soluble potassium ("potash") is also pretty inexpensive at the hardware store and on the Internet.

But if you want "tighter" buds, add more... light. And keep your temperatures relatively reasonable. Although it's strain dependent, too (a pure sativa's buds are always going to be less dense than an indica's).
Heavy metals are a potential concern with just about any mineral source, except possibly for pharmaceutical-grade ones. I personally don't use any product unless I can see a heavy metals test result for it.

This is a good online database for checking heavy metals in commercial fertilizer products:

Thanks for the reply, yeah I do have 4 lbs of potassium and sometimes add some to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom