Signs Of Stress

The70’s

Hello All,

I understand my stress levels Lol, but my plants cant talk, they only express stress
in ways i may not be able to measure…

I recently did a preflower pruning (semi aggressive), mostly branches, some big unusable fan leaves. I watered them the next morning with a 25% of recommended application amount of cal/mag+ because of nitrogen deficiency earlier in the week after an up-pot and the day after watering i swear they grew an inch.

So, is growth an indicator that they may indeed be stressed, but still grow, or is real stress, when they seem to freeze in place (which i have seen)

Im still in 18/6 veg

Or something else, your thoughts please

1700759677855.jpeg

If you really stress them they won't respond like that. You up-potted, pruned and are in pre-flower. If they responded with growth they are no overly stressed. Cannabis is a very resilient plant when being grown in an environment that is suited for it.

The growth is more likely the stretch than a result of the trim. The smaller leaves that were shaded by the big fans will grow real quick when they start getting full light.

If you really stress them they won't respond like that. You up-potted, pruned and are in pre-flower. If they responded with growth they are no overly stressed. Cannabis is a very resilient plant when being grown in an environment that is suited for it.

The growth is more likely the stretch than a result of the trim. The smaller leaves that were shaded by the big fans will grow real quick when they start getting full light.
Im still in 18/6 veg, i forgot to add that

It is my belief that when your plants are that big and healthy, some pruning doesn't stress them out. It's always felt like a percentile sort of thing, like, if you take *too* much it will cause stress - I've always used 25%ish as my limit for 'at one time' trimming of leaves and branches. Small plants seem to be a little less, maybe 20% before they start getting mad.

(where you take the cuts from matters too... if you cut all off the top for instance that will stress it out way more than just trimming up the bottom)

It is my belief that when your plants are that big and healthy, some pruning doesn't stress them out. It's always felt like a percentile sort of thing, like, if you take *too* much it will cause stress - I've always used 25%ish as my limit for 'at one time' trimming of leaves and branches. Small plants seem to be a little less, maybe 20% before they start getting mad.

(where you take the cuts from matters too... if you cut all off the top for instance that will stress it out way more than just trimming up the bottom)

Thank for your reply, im sure i miss a few branches here and there, i do another last pruning end of wk3’s of flower (end of the stretch)
The tent is a 4x4 for scale purpose

Bad stress to me is a bone dry plant, heat, or over watering. Good stress imo makes the plant stronger and more vigorous. It's kinda like if a tree falls on a plant in the wild. If possible she repairs and goes into overdrive trying to finish her lifecycle.

Hello All,

I understand my stress levels Lol, but my plants cant talk, they only express stress

I recently did a preflower pruning (semi aggressive), mostly branches, some big unusable fan leaves. I watered them the next morning with a 25% of recommended application amount of cal/mag+ because of nitrogen deficiency earlier in the week after an up-pot and the day after watering i swear they grew an inch.

So, is growth an indicator that they may indeed be stressed, but still grow, or is real stress, when they seem to freeze in place (which i have seen)

Im still in 18/6 veg

1700759677855.jpeg
I like your adjustable stands ,plants are looking good .
I think you need a couple more fans though 🤣🤣🤣

Hello All,

Im still in 18/6 veg

1700759677855.jpeg
Oh I see you have the same 2 zone controller as I have how are you finding it ? I noticed you are only using it to control the light and to give you a temp and humidity reading but not controlling the temp or humidity with it .

Oh I see you have the same 2 zone controller as I have how are you finding it ? I noticed you are only using it to control the light and to give you a temp and humidity reading but not controlling the temp or humidity with it .
The climate is controlled by the ac infinity 69pro(wifi)
I coukd have used the 69 to control the lites but didn’t know it until after i purchased the medicgrow glc-1🙄 i may sell off the glc-1 and opt to use just the 69….

I picked up the glc-1 so i can dial in the lights one incrament at a time

Well chit. I posted before you added the picture to your post. Those plants are far from stressed in any way. LOL

A little trim up on those plants won't hurt them at all. When people say they are doing pre-flower cleanup I see drastic defoliation to the point of almost naked plants.

Well chit. I posted before you added the picture to your post. Those plants are far from stressed in any way. LOL

A little trim up on those plants won't hurt them at all. When people say they are doing pre-flower cleanup I see drastic defoliation to the point of almost naked plants.

Thanx man, this whole thing about plant stress is where i didnt have a good grasp, this is only my fourth grow, and im getting a little more aggressive everytime i have to do a preflower prune.
Thanx for the encouragement ☺️

those are doing picture fantastic. love the overkill set up.

they'll throw up a stink and sometimes they can be bitches and get pouty at a trim, but they always bounce back double. :)

Back
Top Bottom