SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

QUICK PIC UPDATE

I'm a little tight on time again, so I'm just gonna post some pics and comments, and then I'll get a more detailed update in over the weekend.

Here's how the flower tent is looking tonight:

DSCN1299.JPG

Here's some PE buds from a few of the first seven plants that are now four weeks in 12/12:

DSCN13001.JPG

DSCN13013.JPG

DSCN13022.JPG

Here's the Power Skunk with one of the PE's in the background:

DSCN13033.JPG

Here's the two PE's that are just finishing their second week of 12/12:

DSCN13044.JPG

DSCN13052.JPG

And, here's the Lucy and Power Skunk that are 8 and 10 days into 12/12, respectively:

DSCN13062.JPG

I wish the moms were moving a little quicker, but they're coming along nicely. Here's the Power Skunk mom:

DSCN13083.JPG

And, here's the Lucy mom:

DSCN13071.JPG

Lucy is really looking fantastic. I'm strongly considering making another Lucy mom or two and then trying to do a full SOG of 24 Lucy plants.

The last batch of clones was really a mess due to my taking them so short and having them so low in the neoprenes. So, I'm back to a "slow and steady" strategy! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

WEEKEND PIC UPDATE

Everything has been going great with the SOG except for the clone situation. Once again, the clones were just too short and sitting too low in the neoprene inserts, so all the growth shoot pretty much wilted/rotted. What's "strange" is that the roots just keep growing and I almost expect them to sprout some new growth shoots, but I'm not gonna wait that long, and I'm sure most of the original 18 clones will be tossed this week.

You can see the roots look pretty good:

DSCN13253.JPG

But, here's what the top looks like:

DSCN13243.JPG

This is slowing things down tremendously, but nothing I can't recover from; and, now that I'm in less of a rush, it's giving some time to re-think the strategy.

First, there's no way I'm gonna get 4" cuttings from a 6" bonsai mom, so I'm definately gonna need to grow the moms to at least a foot or so, or, go back to cloning in rockwool which really wasn't an issue for shorter clones.

Also, I remembered I had purchased a 24-pack of STG "Clippers" which are basically STG equivalents of the neoprene inserts for Aerocloners/EZCloners/TurboCloners. I did think these were worth a try since, along the way, I had a couple of the clones grow their roots right though the neoprene. So, I think they'll be more conducive to smaller cuttings, and I did move the last Lucy cutting, which was pretty short, from the neoprene to an STG insert. And, I took TWO more Lucy cuttings yesterday, both of which were at least 2" so could have gone in the neoprene, but I put them in STG's also:

DSCN13262.JPG

Assuming the first one (right) roots, I'm gonna make her another Lucy mom, then, the other two, if/when they root, can go into the SOG.

I'm also thinking of keeping one or two larger moms (Lucy and possibly Power Skunk since I don't have anymore seeds for them), along with 2-3 Bonsais, just to be able to get the volume and size of clones I'll need, but once the Bonsais grow out some more, I'll get a better idea of what's really possible.

Here's the Lucy mom after getting two more toppings yesterday:

DSCN13203.JPG

The last topping I did on her was testing something that happened by accident on the Power Skunk, which is, instead of only getting two tops, I got three (see lower part of pic above). What happened is that the two nodes on the sides came up as normal, but, one node down, there was a shoot facing the outside of the plant and the auxins went to that node, too. Here's a closeup of the three-node topping:

DSCN13212.JPG

Here's the Power Skunk mom. You can see one of her 3-node toppings in the below pic, too:

DSCN13223.JPG

And, the PE mom is having some issues. I can't believe she'd be rootbound again, already, since I just transplanted her within the last couple of weeks. It looks like either bad nute burn or heat stress, but she's on the same nutes in the same cab as the others, which are fine. I gave her a flush yesterday just to be safe and she does look a little better today, but I'm keeping an eye on her for now:

DSCN13234.JPG

In the flower tent, all the girls look fantastic, although, still a little shorter than I'm shooting for.

The PE's are all about 1' tall but packing on the weight and the trichomes. Here's one of the PE's:

DSCN13091.JPG

A little closer:

DSCN13111.JPG

And some PE trichs:

DSCN13164.JPG

DSCN13175.JPG

The Power Skunk is a little taller than the PE's, but only by a few inches.

DSCN13121.JPG

The buds aren't as well formed, yet, but she's definately looking good:

DSCN13131.JPG

And, although not as thick as the PE trichs, there's some good trichs forming on the Power Skunk, too:

DSCN13142.JPG

DSCN13154.JPG

Finally, the Lucy in flower has now had 12 days of 12/12 and is in her first week of bloom. She's looking nice, but is gonna be short like the rest of the first batch:

DSCN13183.JPG

And, here's a closeup of Lucy's budlets:

DSCN13191.JPG

That's it for now, but more coming soon, so stay tuned!

Happy Harvests!

K

Mr. Krip! With the exception of your PE mom, which happens to us all.... Your plants are freaking healthy as all get out! I love how healthy every single leaf is in your flower room. Your resin glands are all over the place. Shit I wish we were neighbors! :adore:

Hey what's up Mr.K! everything is looking good It still sucks that you have to pretty much trash some clones but I'm sure once the mothers fill in and get a bit bigger you will be back on your feet in no time!

I am pretty sure my clones are gonna end up about the same height as your PE if not smaller. I have my fingers crossed though. I love coming back and seeing how things are going in your tent. The progress is great!

Man K., I gotta tell you....It's probably better that I can really only drop in here about once a week, your journal is STILL overwhelming! I litterally get lost in it all, back-tracking and trying to figure out exactly what's happened and where its going....With all due respect I think I'll scoot on toward the back for a broader view of the show....I just can't keep up!! Much love all the same brother!!

Mr. Krip! With the exception of your PE mom, which happens to us all.... Your plants are freaking healthy as all get out! I love how healthy every single leaf is in your flower room. Your resin glands are all over the place. Shit I wish we were neighbors! :adore:

Thanks, 4twenty! Yeah, the girls are all looking pretty good, and even the PE Bonsai is recovering now. I'm not sure what happened to her, but the flush seems to have remedied it, for now.

I'm not sure if you caught my last couple of PE grows, but this strain is known for an abundance of trichs and it hasn't let me down yet! :yummy:

You're definately welcome here, but, if you're gonna move, I'd move to OMM's neighborhood! :)

Hey what's up Mr.K! everything is looking good It still sucks that you have to pretty much trash some clones but I'm sure once the mothers fill in and get a bit bigger you will be back on your feet in no time!

I am pretty sure my clones are gonna end up about the same height as your PE if not smaller. I have my fingers crossed though. I love coming back and seeing how things are going in your tent. The progress is great!

Thanks, TOG! Yeah, I was hoping by next week, with a little luck, I'd have the flower tent filled. But now, it's probably gonna be another 6 weeks or so to fill it up. I'm not too bummed, since I'll still have plenty of meds and, it will let me take some more Lucy and PS clones than I would have otherwise had. I've already had some good PE harvests, and I'll have plenty more PE coming, so really looking forward to the Lucy & PS.

I'm sure on our next runs, we'll both get our clones a little bigger before making the flip to 12/12. Experience tells me that we're better off having too much headroom than too little headroom, so it could have been worse! :)

Man K., I gotta tell you....It's probably better that I can really only drop in here about once a week, your journal is STILL overwhelming! I litterally get lost in it all, back-tracking and trying to figure out exactly what's happened and where its going....With all due respect I think I'll scoot on toward the back for a broader view of the show....I just can't keep up!! Much love all the same brother!!

Huh? :thedoubletake:

You definately got too much going on if you're getting lost now, since not too much is happening these days. The last week is only two pages in the journal and I haven't added a plant to the SOG in 9 days!

But, we can't have you overwhelmed...

So I'm gonna ask the plants to stop growingg, hold where they are now, and try not to develop any more. Then, I'll hold off on posting, just until you get caught up on the journal.

And, as long as there aren't any more changes, I won't have anything more to update, so it'll all be good! :)

So, drop a post here when you get caught up and it's OK to post again, or I'll update if there's any changes. Sound like a deal? :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE (Sorry Quix!)

I took another Lucy clone today. I was gonna take two, but since I had just taken two other clones two days ago, I wanted to give her time to grow back out a little before I take the next one, which should be in the next 48 hours. That will put a total of five Lucys in the TK. One will be another mom, to help speed up the cloning process, and the other four (assuming all root) will go into the SOG in a few weeks. :wood:

Thanks, 4twenty! Yeah, the girls are all looking pretty good, and even the PE Bonsai is recovering now. I'm not sure what happened to her, but the flush seems to have remedied it, for now.

I'm not sure if you caught my last couple of PE grows, but this strain is known for an abundance of trichs and it hasn't let me down yet! :yummy:

You're definately welcome here, but, if you're gonna move, I'd move to OMM's neighborhood! :)

Perhaps the three of us and a few more could buy a neighborhood and create our own Emerald Triangle :woohoo::yummy::party::headbanger:

Lol, I thought we had a deal!?...I was actually 10 days behind on everyones, and 10 days here can teach someone how to grow cannabis!...Now, feel free to resume not growing, I'll be back to let you know when you can not NOT continue growing...I knew you'd understand!:high-five:

Perhaps the three of us and a few more could buy a neighborhood and create our own Emerald Triangle :woohoo::yummy::party::headbanger:

As long as I'm part of the few more, I'm happy. Cannaville, population 420. ;)

Lol, I thought we had a deal!?...I was actually 10 days behind on everyones, and 10 days here can teach someone how to grow cannabis!...Now, feel free to resume not growing, I'll be back to let you know when you can not NOT continue growing...I knew you'd understand!:high-five:

Yeah...notice the update post was made 4 minutes after the deal? :rofl:

I couldn't help it...something changed! :)

How about if I just type slower so you can catch up? :laughtwo:

As long as I'm part of the few more, I'm happy. Cannaville, population 420. ;)

It wouldn't be a home without you in the neighborhood, Bro, but how'd we go from a few more to another 400+??? :thedoubletake:

How about we cut down the population a little and just get area code 420 and zip code 00420? :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE - GETTING ORGANIZED

First, I'll let you all know that I did take another clone from the Lucy mom tonight, so I now have five (good size) Lucy cuttings in the TK.

Since the schedule has been getting mixed up, and I've been adding plants somewhat sporadically to the SOG, I really needed to get better organized, so I thought I'd share this spreadsheet I came up with.

First I'll show it to you, then I'll explain it:

sheet.jpg

OK...going across the top from left to right....

First, I numbered all the hempys (1-24) and listed the hempy# in column A. In column B, I enter the date the plant goes into the flower tent, and column C is the strain in that hempy#. You can see in C-13 that the strain is actually a drop-down box that has any/all of the strains listed in the "STRAINS" box in column O.

Everything else, except the final height and weight of the plant is calculated automatically and is based on a 70-day schedule! :thumb:

DAYS is how many days the plant has been in 12/12. DEF1 and DEF2 are the dates of the scheduled defoliations (21 days and 45 days into 12/12). REDUCE is the date to start lowering nute PPM's two weeks before the flush. FLUSH, of course, is the date to flush; and, HARVEST is the date to harvest.

All of the dates have "conditional formatting" so, any date that is more than a week out, is in light gray. If it's within a week, it bold/blue. If it's this week, it's bold/red with a green background. If tomorrow, bold/red with a yellow background. And, if today, it will be bold/red with a lighter red background. Any date that's past is in green.

When I harvest each plant, I'll take the height & weight (in grams). The sheet will then calculate the total and average weights in both grams and ounces.

At the top-right, in green (N-1), it inserts todays date, which is used to base all of the date/time calculations.

It should help me keep track of what to do, to which plant, and when! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

PIC UPDATE

The three bonsai moms in training are all doing well, and even the PE that was having issues seems to be doing much better since the flush.

Here's a top view of the PE Bonsai:

DSCN13282.JPG

It's tough to tell from that pic, but due to all the LST, she actually has something like 10-12 tops working and a very cool branch structure forming:

DSCN13271.JPG

After the last toppings on the Power Skunk, I started her on some LST also to get her spread out a little more. She seems to be growing a little slower, but looks healthy:

DSCN13291.JPG

And, I just took five more toppings from the Lucy bonsai over the last 5-6 days or so, so most of the plant is still growing back out, but, if I did this correctly, I believe she will have 12-14 tops! Here she is right now:

DSCN13302.JPG

And, here's her five clones in the TK:

DSCN13321.JPG

The flower tent is starting to look pretty full now that the last five girls are nearing the end of their stretch:

DSCN13343.JPG

DSCN1346.JPG

DSCN13472.JPG

Here's the Power Skunk after 31 days of 12/12...Her buds are getting nice & frosty now! :yummy::

DSCN13382.JPG

DSCN13391.JPG

DSCN13401.JPG

And, here's one of the PE's also at 31 days of 12/12:

DSCN13423.JPG

DSCN13451.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom