Some funky stuff going on

tonythc

I am baffled at the phenomenon in my grow right now! My Atomic Bomb, Dr.Grinspoon and Cookies Kush are starting to flower, WTF?! They are all outside around 2 mos. old. They get a max of 8 1/2 hrs. Full sun.

Sun comes up at 6:20am.(The actual sunlight doesnt touch them until about 9:45am and then goes behind the fence around 6:00pm) sets around 8:30pm but now keep in mind they are inside a 20x30 privacy fence.

lattitude is 31 16 27.62 n

FullSizeRender_4_26.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_30.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_41.jpg
FullSizeRender128.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_31.jpg

You just answered your own question! :)
As they are all mature and get around 11hr or less of light( sun beam touching the plant is important for yield and nute calculation, any ambient light above 1 lux is considered day period for flowering) they all flower, if you need more veg time use a 60w bulb or cfl at night time.
Good luck :)

Ok so they're getting about 14 hours of light and 10 of dark. In the weeks previous to this they had even shorter days. Generally 14 hours of light or less is considered to be low enough to trigger flowering, though I've had plants start flowering when light got down to 15 hours a day in the fall.
It's not the direct sunlight that determines whether they veg or flower. It's any sort of light. To be more specific it's actually based on the dark period. So if they're getting more than about 10 hours darkness they will generally start flowering, depending on the strain.

Flowering was probably triggered a while ago and the results are becoming more obvious now. As the days lengthen and the nights get shorter, very soon the plants will probably quit flowering and revert back to vegetative growth. During this time they will grow some funky looking leaves, which gradually become normal as they reveg. Later on in the fall they will flower again.

Plants that have veg'd for a while and put out too early usually do go into bloom.
Hopefully yours will re-veg quickly. Unfortunately, they often don't. The transitions from veg to bloom or bloom to veg are more gradual outdoors because of the slow change in photoperiod (no flip).
For outdoors, I veg with 16/8 and put them out around June 1. That way the light is consistent (at my latitude). You can put seedlings out earlier. As long as they see increasing day lengths, they will stay in veg.
I've had an old plant outside for the last few weeks, but I put a light on it to extend the days. I can tell it wants to bloom from all the pre-flowering. I'm pushing my luck w/it.

Well I sure appreciate all the help you guys never let me down.:thumb:Thought I had this thing about figured out but obviously not. Maybe they will go back to veg I would like to see a good yield since they are really healthy strains. If they don't I could have some early bud not sure how nice they would be. So,,,, should I keep them on the veg nutes or switch to my bloom feeding?Still scratching my head on this!

If it was me, I'd keep them on veg feeding.
My neighbor had your situation last year. His plants did the usual re-veg thing with them putting out single-bladed leaves and having a weird growth habit. His never did finish setting early buds worth harvesting. YMMV.
Let's hope yours turn around quick.
:goodluck:

Can you put some sort of a light above them, maybe on a timer, to give them a little extended light period and make a decisive switch back to veg? Otherwise, I would expect them to start vegging right about now anyway- but like Major said, I've had some very indecisive plants in the past- they spent ages dithering around trying to make up their minds.
I'd probably guess that they will go the vegging route, and stick with veg nutes. That's sort of a guess/assumption though, mostly.

I'm gonna ride this one out and hope it turns for the better. As for adding light that's a definite no go due to location but it was definitely a good thought. As always, 420 pulls through for me again. Thank you :slide::adore::peacetwo::tokin::party::allgood:

Well, my Atomic Bomb, Dr. Grinspoon and Cookies Kush looks like they may have slowed down from flowering a bit but they sure have a lot of bud sites.I guess it's a win win situation either way.

Just an update on the early flowering situation.My Atomic Bomb has buds almost as big as a coke can. I Will load some pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom