Some set up pics

I used a dome for a few days then off. My 2 newest seeds just went straight into the final pot with no dome. The RH is 35% and temp is 80F. All of the girls are doing great. :high-five:

Thats right about where I am at right now. Looks like things are coming together. Except for the water temp....

Here is one of the ladies. Lookin nice!!!!!

lady22.jpg
lady11.jpg

Chillers are kinda expensive, and a bit unreliable, but dissolved oxygen in the water is highest at 62-68°F.

Lot's of hydro setups seem to run fine without chillers tho, but it depends on your budget maybe?

A 15 gallon res is cool, but I'd go a little bigger. I hope the power strip on the ground is just temporary.

Water, and electric don't mix well, and all power plugs should be waist high to avoid accidents.

Chillers are kinda expensive, and a bit unreliable, but dissolved oxygen in the water is highest at 62-68°F.

Lot's of hydro setups seem to run fine without chillers tho, but it depends on your budget maybe?

A 15 gallon res is cool, but I'd go a little bigger. I hope the power strip on the ground is just temporary.

Water, and electric don't mix well, and all power plugs should be waist high to avoid accidents.

Thanks toker. Ill see if maybe i can draw some of the water out of the res and let it run over the cool basement concrete in a closed system. Ill fool around with it. If I cant figure it out, ill order a chiller.
And Yes, that power strip was temporary while I rewired all the hook ups coming from the top of the tent. I dont want to look like Doc Brown next time i step into the tent!!! lol

And the 15 gallon res is what come with the setup. I cant make it any bigger, but maybe get another gallon or two into the res.

Man I love being able to talk about my grow! Keeping myself tight lipped around people is killing me!!!

I totally get that. The need to share your grow and grow room.

Love your hydro starship setup with the two-tier scrog :bravo:

Looks like you have a strong vision of how to treat a lady. :allgood:

I'm 30 days into a soil seedling grow, a touch scared of hydro, but am having visions of a micro-aeroponic
Cloning bubbler. If you don't mind, I'll have a seat here and learn a little.

Hi Radogast! Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully all the hard work pays off!

Im just a newbie to growing but hopefully we can learn some stuff together. I love being able to share photos and talk with people about ideas, problems etc. I wish I could say I'm a state legal facility like your grow. I use my cannabis for both medical (self prescribed) and recreational use. I have no intention to sell any of my harvest. But still, I worry about getting caught and have only been growing for a week.
I got through about half your journal so far and your ladies look great! We will most definitely be learning together!

I did run into a problem tonight guys. When I got home, my Northern Lights Auto was drooping really bad.

I took the dome off last night , and when I left for work this morning, she was fine. When I got home, the RW was pretty dry and the NL Auto was drooping so I grabbed some toothpicks and propped her up and wet the wool. Do you guys think she will be ok? Im going to get the hydro running for good tomorrow, so ill put all my ladies in there soon. I also bought Jorge Cervantes Bible on the way home tonight. Good thing!

crutches.jpg
bible.jpg

Thank you sir!

HAPPY 420 EVERYBODY!!!! :thumb::high-five::cheer::circle-of-love:

Hey Cannabis 1, I wish I had a bigger budget to work with but since I'm growing for personal medicinal purposes, my humble setup will do just fine for now. Love your setup man, can't wait to see your scrog packed with bud! :bravo: :goodjob:

Drooping after change in RH is normal, propping it up is a good idea. The whole seedling looks healthy so it should recover just fine. Make sure you have air circulation within the grow environment, not directly at the seedlings, to help strength their stems as they grow.

Drooping after change in RH is normal, propping it up is a good idea. The whole seedling looks healthy so it should recover just fine. Make sure you have air circulation within the grow environment, not directly at the seedlings, to help strength their stems as they grow.

Thanks CH. I have a few clip on fan circulation the air in the tent in a circular pattern. Not blowing directly on the seedlings.

I did take the NL and one of the Chronic out and put them into their net cups with clay pellets. I'll start feeding them tonight. Also, the other WW and the last Chronic seed sprouted last night/this morning. WOOOHOOO!!!!
And I got the second vent cut and installed!
JCHYDRO.jpg
NLHYDRO.jpg
SEEDS63.jpg
VENT25.jpg
VENT31.jpg

And I think I might have a BIG PROBLEM. I dont have time to fill ya in right now, ill b back on here in a few hours.

Alright guys, I might have a big problem.
I woke up today to what i thought was utility workers on my street. As I was getting ready for work, the truck pulled up my secondary driveway to one of the poles. He got out and I could see it was Comcast truck. He got in his bucket and went up to the pole connections. Then he came down and was walking around testing the ground with a meter. He got back into his truck, pulled out and then pulled into my main driveway. He came up and rang the doorbell......

He said that he was from Comcast and that they are getting feedback into the cable lines and it was traced back to my house. They will be sending a technician out tomorrow to check our lines inside the house. They are in the attic and basement. A double fuckin wammy. Because my tent is in the basement.

I have only had the lights on for 1 week. Do You think that my garden is the problem? I talked to a friend who is an electrician, and he said no fucking way that the garden is feeding voltage back into the ground. The whole set up is plugged into grounded outlets. M father did say that one day last week he was using the phone and there was alot of static as well. I really hope Its not the garden.

Now, I have to spend all night covering up the tent. Alot of people have indoor gardens, but I dont want them to assume im growing anything illegal....even though I am lol!

What are your thoughts?

Unless you are using funky old ballasts, which seems very unlikely, I can't see anything in your setup that would be an electrical noise issue.

Comcast is welcome to look at Comcast equipment "at your convenience."

Personally I'd staple some plastic or curtains in front of anything you don't want to be seen. The ONLY thing they are allowed to look at is their own equipment. If you have a whole house shop vac that is none of their business. If they can't find the noise in their equipmen. Tell they to write down their readings and YOU will call an electrician at your own convenience.

I'm not a lawyer Just my two cents.
Radogast

Unless you are using funky old ballasts, which seems very unlikely, I can't see anything in your setup that would be an electrical noise issue.

Comcast is welcome to look at Comcast equipment "at your convenience."

Personally I'd staple some plastic or curtains in front of anything you don't want to be seen. The ONLY thing they are allowed to look at is their own equipment. If you have a whole house shop vac that is none of their business. If they can't find the noise in their equipmen. Tell they to write down their readings and YOU will call an electrician at your own convenience.

I'm not a lawyer Just my two cents.
Radogast

All my equipment is brand new, so I dont think it the ballast. I will cover the tent tonight to be safe. I will make sure I am around to tomorrow to keep an eye on them. And Your Right. If they cannot find the problem in their equipment, I will have my electrician buddy come over and see if he can figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom