Someone please can you teach me

Just started level 2 of my scrog on my latest grow. You should take a look!
Just tap on the link beside my 4th grow in my signature.

I watched a video where they started pretty young with some slight bending every day between thumb and first two fingers, not hard enough to break the stem, but enough to bend, then let the plant come back. Then when it was time, they tied down in whatever fashion they saw fit. I found one that was really cool using a rock! You secure the stem at the base (I've since removed that), and then train it in the other direction over the rock! Of course I go way overboard way early on everything, but my first attempt seems to be going fine:

I use this method but have better luck with wire hangers cut and bent to a long U shape. I find it easier to pin the branches and move the stakes as the plant grows and spreads.
i was wondering about this myself, what do you do to make sure its pinned down? or does the weight of the hanger weigh it down in itself?

@Hdinkleman I think @Sctanley007 is right, my garden wire is not strong so its hard to push into the soil, coat hangers would work better. It's not the weight of the wire though, it's how far its pinned into the dirt.

Here’s a pic to give a visual. They are around 10”’s. I grab the branch to where I want it and shove the pin into the pot. I rearrange them as necessary.

EDIT I have tried the stakes you can buy to hold down gardening fabric. They don’t work well because they’re too short. When the soil dries the upward strength of the branches lift the shorter pegs.

Attachments

• 2CBC8353-AA47-419D-87EE-64D9A6175946.jpeg
    2CBC8353-AA47-419D-87EE-64D9A6175946.jpeg
    951.7 KB · Views: 34
@Hdinkleman I think @Sctanley007 is right, my garden wire is not strong so its hard to push into the soil, coat hangers would work better. It's not the weight of the wire though, it's how far its pinned into the dirt.
Coat hangers will rust pretty fast in soil though. I guess if you don't mind the extra iron in the soil lol.

so i had this stuff at home the whole time, works great

this what you need, just wrap the wire around the bamboo skewer, found at deli at price chopper for 99 cents
can adjust the height no problem

the wire gives just enough weight to hold the skewere down as well

I've been using 8" lengths of electrical wire since I started. You can use the bare copper ground wire or as well as the Black, white, red coated wires. I leave one long and then the other end in a 180 and then just put in my branches wherever I want them. Once you get into the LST (light stem training) mode, you may snap a few Junctions of branches here and there, but don't worry they are resilient.
Personally I prefer a scrog net about 1' above my plant to use for outward training. Once I have them to the size that I want and they are completed their veg cycle, I flipped them to flower and allow them to stretch vertically through a second scrog net to prevent the colas from falling over when they get too heavy....at least that's the theory lol.

so i had this stuff at home the whole time, works great

this what you need, just wrap the wire around the bamboo skewer, found at deli at price chopper for 99 cents
can adjust the height no problem

the wire gives just enough weight to hold the skewere down as well
From what I see, you're pretty much mainlining your girl. Nice job!!!

Those wire hanger pins have served me well in both soil and perlite (hempy pots). I’ve been using them since Pigeons introduced me to the method back in 2015. I don’t find an inordinate amount of rusting happening and they grip better and reach deeper than regular plant stakes IMO.

Back
Top Bottom