Something to place the pots on?

FortuneSeeker

Hey! I am looking for something on witch to place my pots so when I water the excess drains in the trays. They need to permanently sit on them cause I cannot move the plants around. Tried to search for pot support and what not but I get only fancy shet. Maybe I can use something that's not in the growing world and I can't think of another similar thing. Hope it make sense, Danke!

Hey! I am looking for something on witch to place my pots so when I water the excess drains in the trays. They need to permanently sit on them cause I cannot move the plants around. Tried to search for pot support and what not but I get only fancy shet. Maybe I can use something that's not in the growing world and I can't think of another similar thing. Hope it make sense, Danke!

I use a plant riser/elevator a few inches smaller than my drip tray and just set them in. Best bet is a grow store or nursery near you, if not you can try to find cheaper ones on Amazon if you need larger sizes.

IMG_6036.jpeg

Here’s an example

IMG_6044.jpeg

I use a plant riser/elevator a few inches smaller than my drip tray and just set them in. Best bet is a grow store or nursery near you, if not you can try to find cheaper ones on Amazon if you need larger sizes.

IMG_6036.jpeg

Here’s an example

IMG_6044.jpeg
How do you extract the water from your trays when the plants are big? Cause I won't be able to move them outside the tent. My only way in is the front door (zipper), move them around a bit and manage somehow to water and take out the runoff from the trays.

I use plant caddies. They can contain up to 20oz. of runoff and the wheels are functional.

IMG_20230613_073931516_HDR.jpg
On my last grow I had one plant that filled an 1.2x1.2 tent all t he way up, pot included 1.9m, I was getting the water out with a 100ml syringe... Every 12h, and even the smaller ones, witch were big, enough, the ones in the back of the tent, I couldn't touch 'em. So the struggle remains, until I find a pump or something to pull the water out, at least to have some extension from the pots so I can easily do it with small cup...

How do you extract the water from your trays when the plants are big? Cause I won't be able to move them outside the tent. My only way in is the front door (zipper), move them around a bit and manage somehow to water and take out the runoff from the trays.
Shop vac. CL🍀

Never had that problem, in my case the trays evaporate before the plants need watering again.

This is the answer:

Never had that problem, in my case the trays evaporate before the plants need watering again.

It’s not really an issue. I have very little runoff (I grow organic with mineralized soil), and what I have just evaporates. I run 85ish Fahrenheit for most of the grow since I’m under LED

If I had runoff that felt like too much I’d just use a turkey baster and a bucket.

I can only find space weapons... I was thinking a small electric pump with an extension house that I can place in the trays. I cannot spend too much on a VAC and idk how a cheep one will do (50-60$), my wife want's a 1000$ VAC in the future so I can't go for one just for my plants, and I'm kind of tight :))
They have them on zon for 30-40 bucks. You don’t need a heavy duty one just a small portable one will work. CL🍀

I use Advanced Nutrients and they recommend 20% runoff and for a good reason. If the soil gets too dry the salt buildup is BAD and I don't want to gent into flushing... And I don't wanna switch to other brand, not this year anyway.

Back
Top Bottom