LUN01577.JPG
LUN01578.JPG
LUN01580.JPG
LUN01581.JPG
LUN01582.JPG
LUN01584.JPG
LUN01587.JPG

Can you explain your water bucket?
This is how your watering your plant? Or making your teas in? This is attached to the watering spike? Do water spikes work with pearlite or just soil? Thanks.

Be careful she might run away with new shots still, she looks wonderful!
You are so right, I think its easier to appreciate ones own work when seeing it on these pages. Sharing is caring! :)

Thank you Crazy. BCBD did a great job with enhancing the size of this strain. Now if the end product is actually any good this one might be a keeper.

It's a beauty...for now ;).

Thank you Shed. I doubt that I will be having any more issues with plants going forward.

Think RETRIX is lost in Borderlands 3... we can now only hope that Claptrap finds him and bring him back to us! :smokin:

I've heard a lot about that game but I haven't played it yet LOL. I have been playing GTAV with mods lately.

Nah, he's only been gone 9 days! He hasn't gotten far yet.

I figured that I would only post when something new happens. My tent is so dialed in now that sometimes a week goes by without me even opening it.

Oh, WTF I'm on Level 35... :rofl:

LOL

Can you explain your water bucket?
This is how your watering your plant? Or making your teas in? This is attached to the watering spike? Do water spikes work with pearlite or just soil? Thanks.

I named it the HydroShot. It was originally planned as an automatic watering system for organic coco. It is a 10 Gallon Rubbermaid trash can with 2 large air-stones and a high pressure pump. The pump is connected to my Kasa Smart and waters the plant automatically for 15 min 3 times a week. It is connected to vinyl drip tubing for out door irrigation. I had it connected to a drip emitter but right now it is on a vinyl tube drip ring because this pot is so big. I only run fresh water in it so it stays clean. I make my teas in a regular bucket with a different air pump and water it in manually. When I take clones, I will probably use separate drip emitters again.

Hope this helps. I would rather spend as little time fussing over my grow as possible so this thing has been a life saver for me.

WKD02307.JPG

September 29, 2019

JESUS CHRIST

Those are the first words that came out of my wife's mouth when I opened the tent today. I haven't looked at her since the last time I posted. She is getting so uncomfortably big. She is now growing into the circulation fans and is about 12 inches from the lights. I need to take clones but not yet. I need to hold off until at least 10/9. The plan is to take six clones, grow them out for 2 weeks and keep the best 3. I top dressed with build a bloom and organic craft blend, and she has responded.

WKD02308.JPG
WKD02301.JPG
WKD02302.JPG
WKD02303.JPG
WKD02305.JPG
WKD02306.JPG
WKD02312.JPG

AC/Infinity sent me out a newer version of their duct fan. My fan started making a whining noise while on low, which may, or may not have been caused by me plugging the speed control in backwards when I installed it 6 months ago, which resulted in a loud buzzing sound for about 10 seconds before I realized the error of my ways.....allegedly :straightface:.

I had previously tested out this fan from TerraBloom.

WKD02315.jpg

It is PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controlled and I found it to be slightly more powerful than AC/Infinity's AC to DC converted fan. Unfortunately it had a slight whirring noise when on low that I suspected would only get louder as time went on so I returned it.

AC/Infinity customer service is pretty much on Par with Meanwell in my experience. I sent them a quick message stating that the fan started making noise and while waiting for a response, I got a new fan in the mail. They emailed me a shipping label and asked me to put the old fan in the box and send it back.

To my surprise, when I opened the package, the new AC/Infinity is also PWM controlled! When I hooked it up, it seems to have the same power as the Terra Bloom.

WKD02310.JPG

It still has the same quiet factor as the AC to DC fan, just with a little more kick. It can go from a smooth, quiet air exchange on setting 1 as shown, to a very powerful jet engine that will suck paint off the walls on setting 10.

I'm happy.

I'm happy.

If you are happy, we are happy R! Good to see you again.

I found that PWM controlled stuff tends to give off small but cutting sound when operating, specially on lower rpms. I use a mechanical transformer with 6 preset Volts. So I run my 80W duct fan with 110V instead of 220V and this is way more silent than using a PWM frequency adjuster, tried this as well. But this gives out a super high pitched sound from the motor, but this is a AC motor in this fan. You seem to use a DC motor fan, but doesn't it draw very high current then?

Btw watch out for electromagnetic disturbances when using PWM signals it can disturb other electronic equipment, specially WiFi and RF signals. I always use super shielded cables if I use PWM.

Btw grow looks amazing and you will sure get some nice clones from that mom you got there. Are you planning to bloom her as well?

If you are happy, we are happy R! Good to see you again.

I found that PWM controlled stuff tends to give off small but cutting sound when operating, specially on lower rpms. I use a mechanical transformer with 6 preset Volts. So I run my 80W duct fan with 110V instead of 220V and this is way more silent than using a PWM frequency adjuster, tried this as well. But this gives out a super high pitched sound from the motor, but this is a AC motor in this fan. You seem to use a DC motor fan, but doesn't it draw very high current then?

Btw watch out for electromagnetic disturbances when using PWM signals it can disturb other electronic equipment, specially WiFi and RF signals. I always use super shielded cables if I use PWM.

Btw grow looks amazing and you will sure get some nice clones from that mom you got there. Are you planning to bloom her as well?

Yes. that's what the Terra Bloom was doing. A very small whirring noise. It didn't sound unpleasant, but my tent is only about 6 feet away from me in my office so I'm pretty sure it would have started annoying me after a while. I am happy to report that the AC Infinity EC motor doesn't make that noise. The EC motor is a AC motor that has been converted to DC if I understand it correctly. They used to use straight DC motors and you had to have a brick to convert the power to DC. It seems that EC motors are a little more powerful which is a good thing for AC Infinity because a lot of people complained that their motors don't have enough oomph.

Is that plant still in VEG? It will blow your tent Retrix. :blunt:

Yep it has already grown into the lights. 2 more days and I can take cuttings. I won't be able to flower the mom though. She is just way too big. I will have to chop her down after her offspring get established.

The EC motor is a AC motor that has been converted to DC if I understand it correctly.

Shure EC motors are more powerful but they are impossible to control with regular speed control, volt or current. But I'm happy as long as you are happy R!

Yep it has already grown into the lights. 2 more days and I can take cuttings. I won't be able to flower the mom though. She is just way too big. I will have to chop her down after her offspring get established.

Its no fun tossing good plants I know. I had a hard time the first times I threw away nice clones just because I didn't have enough room. Never can get too much space for anything apparently... Already grown out of both my new grow room and my new workshop..... lol.

Hope you get some nice clones of her! :hippy:

WKD02316.JPG

October 7, 2019

The reservoir was empty this morning so i'm posting a few pictures to show what it looks like on the inside before filling it.
It's a pretty simple design. 2 air stones and a pump. It uses a 10 gallon trash can but realistically it holds about 8 gallons of water.

WKD02324.JPG
WKD02325.JPG

Time is getting close, so I need to start getting things set up.

First, I have ProMix HP with just about 1/4 cup of Craft Blend
and 1 Tsp of Build a Bloom to help build the root zone.
No mineral Mix in this one.

WKD02328.JPG

I moistened the soil and will let it sit for a few days to marinate.

The Clones will go into these small pots. They hold about 2 cups of soil.

WKD02327.JPG

The clones will stay in these and veg for a few weeks until I'm ready to transplant them.

Here is my cheap, homemade clone dome set up with the pots.

WKD02326.JPG

I will place them in the tent with low powered lights and wait. Once they get going, I will contact a tree removal service to get rid of the Mom.

EC motors are more powerful but they are impossible to control with regular speed control, volt or current.

Well thank God Ac Infinity includes a speed control with each motor! I also heard that they are going to start selling parts separately so they may sell the speed controller as a stand alone unit.

Its no fun tossing good plants I know. I had a hard time the first times I threw away nice clones just because I didn't have enough room. Never can get too much space for anything apparently... Already grown out of both my new grow room and my new workshop..... lol.

Thank you Crazy. I'm glad that you understand my predicament. My stage is 2 feet wide and 4 feet long. It is a very exclusive stage with only room for the very best. In a perfect world, I would have a huge facility where I could grow 50 different strains all at once, complete with plenty of places to stick sickly or under performing plants, but it just isn't to be right now. I have tried to explain this to Shed numerous times but I think he's old or something. He keeps posting stuff like this:
That one I'll consider legit. All others have been suspect...

I don't know. :cool:

Thin, trim, supercrop, and flip! Okay okay, never mind...

Actually, I would love to put her big ass under her own light with a 15 foot ceiling and let her rip.....

Back
Top Bottom